Point and click puzzles/adventures

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Spivsy

Point and click puzzles/adventures

Post by Spivsy »

I like point and click games, like grow, hapland and samorost. Does anyolne know any apart from those three? I've been looking around the internet, but I don't know what exactly to search for =/

Sorry for it being such a short post, I can't think of how to make it any longer =P
EofS

Post by EofS »

Have you tried searching Little Fluffy - might be able to find some stuff there. If nothing else, they've got links to the half dozen or so Grow variants in case there are any you've missed.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Do you want internet-only games, or are you willing to pay for some? The classic point-and-click adventure games are Full Throttle, Sam and Max Hit The Road, Monkey Island and its three sequels, Broken Sword and its two sequels, and The Seventh Guest.
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

I'd be willing to pay, if they had a demo to see if I like the game enough.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Well, Full Throttle is "abandonware", as is Sam and Max (can't actually be bought in stores but not quite legal to get off the net). Monkey Island 1 & 2 are only available in collectors' packs, but I think there are demos of The Secret of Monkey Island and The Curse of Monkey Island around somewhere. this looks like a demo of Broken Sword 1, and there's probably demos of 2 and 3 somewhere. There won't be a demo for the Seventh Guest, because the company went bust. I think, however, White Label (a bargain bin software company) are still selling it.
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

The Seventh Guest, god I need that. When I was very small my best friend had that on her computer and we used to play it with the lights out *grins*

I can't even remember much about it now but I have an urge to seek a copy out for the memories.
Mythic

Post by Mythic »

Monkey Island used to be my favourite game back when I had an Amiga, I was seriously addicted to it. It's so funny and just cool *bows to Guybrush Threepwood* - I'd definitely recommend it :P
TCD

Post by TCD »

Point and click puzzley adventures.....and Myst (and all related sequels) hasn't been mentioned?

For shame.

I haven't played the first....or the second...but I do own the third one and really love playing it. I can't google a demo of the game, at least the first one. Seems to be a lot for the fourth and fifth ones, though.
Akjara

Post by Akjara »

I second the recommendation for Myst. I've got the first four parts (playing the fourth at the moment) and I love them. Wonderful graphics, atmospheric music and hard but solvable puzzles. I got all of them quite cheap from Ebay, each for max 5 € which is about the same in Dollar I think.
Help me to make my Dreams come true?
Riddler

Post by Riddler »

*wave* I third the Myst recommendation! Though perhaps not Myst 5 ;P
Otherwise, they've awesome graphics, storyline, worlds and puzzles, and a soundtrack I'm sending people to America for =P The first Myst is also available in RealMyst (which is probably more likely to work on newer computers) if you're thinking of buying it *nodnod*
Thanks to Twisted for the awesome set!
Kralia

Post by Kralia »

There used to be a really good one called Lozenge and Hampshire kicking around, but then it got taken off and I don't think it's anywhere on the internet now. Very sad.