Pokemon Diamond and Pearl released early, 114 new pokemon

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Gligar evo is so not as cool as Gligar. *hugs Gligar*
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

AMINATED. Watch 'em shimmie and shake!

In other news, a whole bunch of different forms of Minomucchi (the new bagworm Pokemon) have been found (they're at the end of that huge list of sprites, right after the Unowns); chances are it'll be able to transform much like Castform. No word on how, but some people think it might be based on the time of day or even the season.

There's also blue alternate versions of the Lapras look-alikes (apparently the "baby Lapras" from before is actually a completely different Pokemon that evolves into something that looks nothing like Lapras), but I don't know what the deal with those is.
NeoKuwagata

Post by NeoKuwagata »

For anyone who's keeping track, there's only 41 Pokemon that do not evolve in any way: Farfetch'd, Kangaskhan (so wrong), Pinsir, Tauros, Ditto, Lapras (problably, now that the sea slug don't appear to be related), Aerodactyl, Unown, Girafarig, Dunsparce, Qwillfish, Shuckle, Heracross, Corsola, Delibird, Skarmory, Stantler, Smeargle, Miltank, Sableye, Mawile, Plusle & Minun, Volbeat & Illumise, Torkoal, Spinda, Zangoose, Seviper, Lunatone, Solrock, Castform, Kecleon, Tropius, Absol, Relicanth, Luvdisc, Parap, Pachirisu, Masukippa, weird vortex ghost.

Poor jerks.
Xulael

Post by Xulael »

NeoKuwagata - Your list doesn't mention the legendary ones... XD -ducks brick of obviousness- I'm not really sure why they feel the need to implement so many new evolutions... part of the fun is not having every pokemon with the same evolution train.

But, uh. Belated posting because I tend to keep my nose out of pre-released game info in order to avoid getting too anxious to play it... Augh, this game is going to eat my soul whenever it reaches this side of the world. -flails around- Having new Eevee evolutions to look forward makes me so happy.

Back to waiting quietly, hohum. X3

~X
[ X goes by Xulael on most sites ]
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

The ice one kind of looks like espeon. xD Of course, that's all I can tell from the sprite.

Oh, and is it possible that that 'lapras pre-evo' is just the first form, and lapras is the last? And the one that doesn't look anything like it is just the middle evovlution. o.0;
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Nah, I think people have pretty much figured out that the sea-slug things are a completely separate line, that apparently changes appearance based on the environment or weather or something (which explains the weird extra sprites of them at the end of the sprite list)

http://pokejungle.net/

Bigger pictures of Misdreavus' nicely spooky evolved form, Lucario's adorable pre-evo, the freakin' weird Ghost/Dragon legendary, and a whole buncha others.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/3898 ... 078ps3.jpg
Murkrow's evolution. PIMPBIRD!!
NeoKuwagata

Post by NeoKuwagata »

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... Dex_number

The list of Pokemon available in the wild in Shinou is coming along, with all previous gen Pokemon now listed. Please note that many Pokemon with new evolutions are NOT wild in Shinou (like Togepi, Snorunt, and Magnemite). To obtain the new Pokemon, they must be transfered over from Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, LeafGreen, or another player online, and THEN evolved after obtaining the National Dex.

Oh yeah, Glalie has a Ice/Ghost evolved form. Bringing the new forms of old Pokemon up to a final 29.
roger9614462

Post by roger9614462 »

What? Only 151 Pokémons catchable in the game? That's.... a very low number :? . I was hoping for something like 200/250...

Anyways, I can't wait to see the sprites of every new Pokémon. I want to play the new games!
NeoKuwagata

Post by NeoKuwagata »

Good news: Professor Rowan gives you the NationalDex even if you only SEE all 150 Shinou Pokemon. Since you have two rivals with the starters you didn't pick, and Gym Leaders and the Galaxy Admins use version exclusive Pokemon, it is thought that you can complete the ShinouDex and begin transfering in old Pokemon without ever having to trade. The only exception to this may be Perlukia and Dialga.
What? Only 151 Pokémons catchable in the game?
A couple more Legendaries appear after getting the NationalDex. They're only recorded there, not in the Shinoudex.
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

You only have to see them to get credit for them? That's a relief, and a lot less unfair/annoying-sounding than having to actually CATCH them all (especially since finishing the pokedex has never really been a major goal in the series anyway. It's a fun extra thing to do after beating the game, but it's never really all that important, despite the whole OMG GOTTA CATCH EM ALL marketing the first games had).

New Pokemon pictures are popping up all over:

http://host291.ipowerweb.com/~personyn/ ... magev1.PNG

OHYAY.

Actual good pictures of a couple more legendaries, the new Eevees, Magneton's AWESOMESEXYCOOL evolution, Porygonwhatever, and what is apparently a new, normal-type Regi.

http://zenixstudios.com/files/19dBEELOL.JPG
And Mitsuhoney, some kind of weird (but admittedly very clever) living honeycomb thing.

http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/mimiroppu.jpg
I realize this is already on Serebii, buuut... ahahah, just look at it. Hello there, Gardevoir II. ;D

edit: replaced no-worky link with worky one
Last edited by Saturn on 28 Sep 2006 05:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buttersauce

Post by Buttersauce »

Well whada'ya know, Sue is not only in Pokemon D/P, but she's been transformed again. :P
ImageImage
Friend Code:
3565-8412-4029
NeoKuwagata

Post by NeoKuwagata »

There are a number of gender specific evolutions in this game:

Minomucchi the Bagworm Pokemon will evolve into a larger bagworm caleld Minomadam if female, or into a flying bug called Garmeil if male.

Only 1 in six of wild Mitsuhoney are female, and these are the only ones that can evolve into a queen bee Pokemon creatively called "Beequeen". The males stay Mitsuhoney forever, which is unfortunate as they are incredibly weak and only learn Gust and Sweet Scent.

Female Kirlias still evolve into Gardevoir, but male Kirlias will evolve into a new Psychic/Fighting Knight version of Gardevoir.

Snorunt will still evolve into Glalie if male, but if female they will evolve into a Ghost/Ice Yukionna (Japanese snow witch) Pokemon.

Oh, and the fourth Regi is called Regigigas, Gigas being mythological giants.
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

So... what if you transfer your male Gardevoir from R/S/E to P/D? Will he still be all girly? xD

Probably not, but I think it'd be funny as hell. Not that it matters, my Gardevoir's female.
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

Slugawoo wrote:So... what if you transfer your male Gardevoir from R/S/E to P/D? Will he still be all girly? xD

Probably not, but I think it'd be funny as hell. Not that it matters, my Gardevoir's female.
Lol, mine's a male Gardevoir XD I would like to see what would happen if you tried to transfer him over >_>; Spontaneous evolution?
<3
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Y'know, I just wanna let you guys know that all this talk about Pokemon actually makes me wanna charge my SP and try playing one of the games. For the first time ever xP