Pokemon Diamond and Pearl released early, 114 new pokemon

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
NyauNyau

Post by NyauNyau »

Pokejungle.net has more pictures! Sprites..and also, gameplay footage
Nothing To See Here
Scythemantis

Post by Scythemantis »

When did we get an all-games forum?

Anyway, I'm all spazzed-out by adorable and wicked-badass new pokemon.

BURROWING SHARK-DRAGONS!!! They may be the first dragon types I'd consider for my main team.

Also, TANGELA FUCKING EVOLVES!!! INTO A BIGGER TANGELA!!!!!!!! THERE IS A GOD!!!
Darigan

Re: Pokemon Diamond and Pearl released early, 114 new pokemo

Post by Darigan »

NeoKuwagata wrote:The Fire-types got screwed again, this generation.
I wouldn't say so.
Although the number of new Fire types is low the changes done to the metagame will make Fire one of the best types of this generation, while on the previous ones it was not a very good type.
One of the main characteristics of most Fire Pokemon is having High Atk, but in the previous gens (where each Type was either based on Atk or Sp.Atk) they couldnot be used to their best potential since their stabbed moves were based on Sp. Atk.
Now that each move is individually based on either Atk and Sp Atk we are going to see the high Atk Fire Pkm using strong moves based on Atk (specially the new 120 base Power one).
Pokemon that were in a disadvantage in competitive battling like Arcanine, Quilava, Entei, Moltres, Magmar, etc. Will now be put to a good use, and the reign of Steel ones (mainly Skarmory) is going to end.. (not that they will be weak, but they won't be overpowered, just as good as the others).
Wifi battling in this game will be great.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

OKAY i'm sorry to interupt your thread again but I started playing Sapphire yesterday just to see what hte big deal was and what i was missing and now i'm obsessed and i want the new games cause goddamn there's some cute pokemon okay i'm done ;_;
NeoKuwagata

Post by NeoKuwagata »

* After beating the Elite 4 and seeing all 150 Pokemon in the Shinoudex, a new section of Shinou opens up with many old Pokemon from previous generations and a sidquest involving your rival takes place. Some Pokemon with new evolutions, such as Dusclops, Lickitung, Yanma, and Kirlia become available in the wild.

* Two new evolution stones: Dark Stone for Murkrow and Misdrevus and Light Stone for Roselia and Togetic. They really need to come up with some new Pokemon next gen that use the old stones (For pete's sake - Thunderstone only works on Pikachu and Eevee!).

* On an unrelated note, I'm really falling in love with the skunks. Skutank can learn Flamethrower and Explosion. Considering the nature of skunks and gas, I can only imagine that the flames come out of it's butt. Now I really want one. XD

The skunks have stats and moves very comparible to Koffing/Weezing and the skunks seem to be this game's equivalent, factoring the extra resistance Dark gives against Psy in place of Levitate.

The only significant difference being Skutank has slightly better attack but lower defenses. But with a moveset like Crunch/Flamethrower/Toxic and meybe SB available, you could send it up against anything but a Ground-type and be certain to get in some pretty nice damage. I likes it. I was worried it would be a Poison/Dark Linoone.
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

NeoKuwagata wrote:The skunks have stats and moves very comparible to Koffing/Weezing and the skunks seem to be this game's equivalent, factoring the extra resistance Dark gives against Psy in place of Levitate.
Levitate... doesn't help against Psychic though. o_o; It's for ground. I assume typo, or I assume that I am dumb?
<3
NeoKuwagata

Post by NeoKuwagata »

I meant thanks to either Levitate or Dark, both Skutank and Weezing have a resistance to one of Poison's popular killer types. ; )
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

While this is near the top.

http://atlasstudios.org/pkmndp/

^ Big sprites of every Pokemon that has one so far. There aren't any for a few of the new evos of old Pokeys yet, and a couple of the later (probably event-only) Legendaries, but pretty much all the rest are there. Much better than those itty bitty menu sprites anyway. :) Couple of the names seem to be a bit off though ("Porygon3" is actually PorygonZ from what I've heard, and I don't know where they got "Regiking", "Siveon" and "Vineon" from - they're actually Regigigas, Glacia and Leafia).
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

Ooh! I love Aserus and Togekiss. :3

And I'm assuming Glacia and Leafia will be translated to Glaceon and Leafeon. I'd prefer Floreon/Floraeon for Leafia, but I guess it's too similar to Flareon. Either way, I don't know where they got those names, either.

Other than those four, I'm going to say straight out I'm not impressed by this generation. :\

Am I the only one who see's this and thinks "HOMG, it's Crow!" o.0; I don't know why, though. It doesn't even slightly resemble him. xD

-twitches in utter terror- xD
NeoKuwagata

Post by NeoKuwagata »

I can't believe we have a Legendary Pokemon that can actually breed a crapier version of itself, but without evolution. I think Gen VI might actually feature an evolving Legendary. I actually think Fione looks better than Manaphy, but it does has worse stats and attacks.

Anyways, now that I've seen nearly all of them, here's what I think:

New Pokemon I totally Love and MUST have: Pocchama, Rampard, Skutank, Yukinooh, Jibacoil, Togekiss

New Pokemon that I am sorta like and will problably use in case I need to round out the team till I get the others: Beequeen, Rentoraa, Kabarudon.

New Pokemon I despise: Mimilop. Ruined what could've been a supercute bunny line with a Playboy Bunny/Furry/Bikini freakishness.

I'll problably evolve Jazz, my Electabuzz from FireRed, too. I'd really like to see Mamuu. It's name makes me think it really is a wooly mammoth evolution of Piloswine.
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

SPRIIIIITES! :D

Male versions
Female versions

A lot of them are still glitchy but they're still a lot clearer than the ones we have been seeing. You can also tell that a few (but not all) Pokemon have subtle little differences between genders; mostly really minor stuff like different sized horns/slightly different colorations. The only really noticeable difference is between the new hippo Pokemon - the females are a completely different color than the males.

And female Wobbuffets wear lipstick apparently. XD