Toys R Us Mew giveaway!!!

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Darigan

Toys R Us Mew giveaway!!!

Post by Darigan »

This Saturday (Sep 30th) the stores of Toys R Us in US will be distributing free, official Mew Pokemon to everyone.
All you need to get Mew is take your GBA/GBASP with your game (Ruby, Sapphire. Fire Red, Leag Green or Emerald) saved on the second floor of a Pokemon Center, with an extra Pm in your team for the trade (a trash Pkm, like a lv5 Magikarp will do it)
Mew will be distributed between noon and 3PM only.

Note: In Pkm Emerald you will need to have already defeated the E4 to get it.
Kari

Post by Kari »

Hee, I wish I could go and get one, but I have a parade all day tomorrow.

So I'm sending my mom to get it instead.
derp
ChibiDragon86

Post by ChibiDragon86 »

I'm ready! Got a junky pokemon Named it Thank You! Gave it a letter attached also saying thank you saved right in front of the trading station. :3

Now whats left is to wake up early prep and head off to Toys R Us . :D

:shock: This is so like exciting! ^^ I kinda knew bout this like 2 days ago thanks to my email subscription to Nintendo. But thanks for posting bout this Darigan!

~ Chibi
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Do you have to be at a certain point in FR/LG to get it? Because I haven't beaten the E4 in LG yet, and I don't know where my Ruby game is ;_; I think it's in my room. Four hours away. XD;

Can't believe I'm actually considering driving 15 minutes to the nearest Toys R Us just for a little piece of programming code, but it's not like I have anything better to do with my Saturdays. :P There's a big mall right next to it, so at least I have an excuse...
ChibiDragon86

Post by ChibiDragon86 »

http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?art ... page=other

^
Link to the article.

Nope you only need a Pokedex for FR,LG, Ruby and Sapphire. ^^ And of course a pokemon in your party thats junk or willing to trade for Mew.

~ Chibi
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

*sobs* AGH. Stupid living in Kansas! Because of that, no event that lets you have legendaries is ever near us, so I have never gotten a Mew/Celebii/Jirachi/whathaveyou EVAR. And now I miss my chance tomorrow because I switched my shift at work from 2-11pm to 10am-7pm. *cries big fat emo tears*
<3
NyauNyau

Post by NyauNyau »

I have a bunch of cheated Mews..on my FireRed game..*OMG CHEATS..only because she doesnt desire to go out and buy the second game*

Soo..once people have Diamond/Pearl.. :x Ill be happy to trade over cheated Mews to anyone that wishes to have one

But Im getting an official one for Sapphire...and going out at 10 am, just in case theres a bunch of little kids running about..but I somehow doubt there will be many people.
Nothing To See Here
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Ready to go! I'm going to get it on my Ruby as that's pretty much my main game. Going with a friend too.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

I'd go but I don't think the giveaway is in Canada. :\ At least I have a legal Mew on Pokemon Red.. Too bad I can't transfer it to the newer games though.
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Well, I don't live in the United States but will soon be trading and battling with you guys through Diamond and Pearl WiFi ( as soon as the English version is released in some months).
If any of you have more than one cartridge and could get a Mew for me I would be most grateful. (You will be able to send Pokemon from the Advanced games over to Diamond and Pearl and trade with people around the world by WiFi).
Aqua wrote:At least I have a legal Mew on Pokemon Red.. Too bad I can't transfer it to the newer games though.
Actually it is possible to transfer Pokemon from your advance games to Diamond and Pearl, as confirmed by people who already have the Japanese version.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

It's Red though, not Fire Red. D:
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Aqua wrote:It's Red though, not Fire Red. D:
Ops, you are right!

It's a pity Nintendo decided to let all Pokemon from GB and GBA die.
*huggles his 30 level 100 EV trained Pokemon from Advance generation*
"My preciousssss"
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

They never decided to let GBA pokemon die. They're still tradeable to GC and of course to the DS now (if weirdly). Or did you mean GBC?
Image Image
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Fullmetal Dragon wrote:*sobs* AGH. Stupid living in Kansas! Because of that, no event that lets you have legendaries is ever near us, so I have never gotten a Mew/Celebii/Jirachi/whathaveyou EVAR. And now I miss my chance tomorrow because I switched my shift at work from 2-11pm to 10am-7pm. *cries big fat emo tears*
Switched your shift at work to BE WITH YOUR GIRLFRIEND .See you care so much :P If there was a Toys-R-Us here, I'd go for you on my lunchbreak and you know that :P
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

If there's no Toys R Us, then why would your shift even matter? ^_~

I'm going tomorrow, and hoping that A) Nebraska isn't so bass ackwards that Toys R Us won't be doing the promo here, and B) I'll get my Mew without having to endure too many annoying children. I'm also "giving" Derek my Emerald game, because they say one per person and I have four games and I'm going to get at least two Mews, dangit. So I suppose that someone could have my reject-Mew, once D/P is out.

I can also give out Jirachi, as necessary. I've got the promo disc for Colosseum. And the legendary regis and dogs and birds, I suppose, if anyone needs those; and if I ever get off my ass and get to it, a Rayquaza (I use the two I already have, teehee). I think that when D/P are out, we should make a Pokemon adoption board similar to the Subeta and Neopets adoption boards. ;D
Image Image