Toys R Us Mew giveaway!!!

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

AngharadTy wrote:They never decided to let GBA pokemon die. They're still tradeable to GC and of course to the DS now (if weirdly). Or did you mean GBC?
lol. Sorry again.
I was almost asleep when I wrote that.
I really meant GB and GBC.
GBA Pokemon were so much harder to train. Leveling up was not enough, you had to breed for IVs and spread EVs.
I've spent so many hours training them it would be unfair to have to start from scratch in the new generation.
*huggles his GBA pokemon again*

Well, I would like your extra Mew if you don't care.
I have a Jirachii too. It's trained and I use it in battle (whenever Legendaries are allowed)
AngharadTy wrote:I think that when D/P are out, we should make a Pokemon adoption board similar to the Subeta and Neopets adoption boards. ;D
It would be great. Specially to complete Pokedexes and help new players to get those favorites from old games. Also, when you have that level 100 that you know you won't use anymore you can give it to someone who does not have complete team yet.
*wonders about people describing their pokes personalities and looking for players who will take good care of them*
What I'm really looking forward is online battling. We could have regular tourneys, with throphies and the like.
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

jessibean wrote:
Fullmetal Dragon wrote:*sobs* AGH. Stupid living in Kansas! Because of that, no event that lets you have legendaries is ever near us, so I have never gotten a Mew/Celebii/Jirachi/whathaveyou EVAR. And now I miss my chance tomorrow because I switched my shift at work from 2-11pm to 10am-7pm. *cries big fat emo tears*
Switched your shift at work to BE WITH YOUR GIRLFRIEND .See you care so much :P If there was a Toys-R-Us here, I'd go for you on my lunchbreak and you know that :P
I do know ;o; I wish we did have one here, boo, stupid Lawrence. Oh well. I'll survive :O
<3
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

My mom has massage clinical to do (and if she misses it, it's down one letter grade for her), and gets home at 2:00. Then she has to take a shower, then we have to drive across town and pray that:

1.) There aren't a limited number of Mews being released.

2.) That we can get there on time.

3.) That there isn't a completely insane line.

4.) That the traffic isn't bad.

5.) That we can find parking.

Who woulda thought that there only would be THREE TOYS'R'US IN LAS VEGAS?!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

There are limited supplies of Mew. But who knows how many that actually means.
Image Image
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

How many?
I'd say a Pokemon Box full of them, that's how I think the stores will receive them and that's how much they will have to distribute.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Darigan wrote:How many?
I'd say a Pokemon Box full of them, that's how I think the stores will receive them and that's how much they will have to distribute.
Only 30? In three hours?! O_O That's insane.
ChibiDragon86

Post by ChibiDragon86 »

I didn't get my Mew! Why Nintendo or who ever sent the wrong thing to the Toy's R Us I went to.... So had to sigh a thing for it with my phone so when they do get it they'll call me. I think I was on the third page I went failrly early. But that doesn't mean people wrote HUGELY or something.. >_>

When got back home the friend I was with who also was trying to get a mew called the other Toy's R Us near us they had gotten mew too but it' was already halfway into the give away so.. We didn't go..

30!? I was thinking along the lines of atleast 100 mews given out. Bleh..

~ Chibi
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

I got my Mew! There was a really long line... I had to wait what must've been almost an hour to get it. Kind of surprised at that, considering it's a pretty small Toys R Us in a little middle-of-nowhere town. I was only expecting there to be a couple of people, and I really think I got one of the last ones they had. O_o Because it took the guy at the counter a long time to find a Mew to trade to me. I'm sure that had something to do with the person in front of me who had like four frickin' Gameboys with her, though... >_>
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Not just 30, Silver; they had the entire PC full of Mews. So all the pages, full of lovely Mews. I got my two, one of which has a really good nature (plus to Sp Atk) so I'm going to train that one up vigorously.

I have to say, waiting for two hours in line with a bunch of bored and impatient children who had been given free recorders (whistles, basically) and tambourines is not an experience I ever want to repeat.

Unless I'd get a Celebi out of it.

Anyway, I'm so ridiculously thrilled to have my Mews and I feel bouncy, if tired. The guy running it was very nice. He had to turn away two kids at first who had Emerald but hadn't yet beaten the Elite Four (that's just cruel game design, in my opinion), but the kids managed to get Mew through some other fashion involving parents running home quickly and borrowing a friends' game. The whole process was so slow, because it was just regular Pokemon link trading, and that has the whole animation you have to watch (yes yes, I get it, goodbye already) and it's not designed for speed. Odd.
Image Image
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Silverevilchao wrote:
Darigan wrote:How many?
Only 30? In three hours?! O_O That's insane.
I meant Pokemon Box, the Game Cube storage game.
AngharadTy wrote:I got my two, one of which has a really good nature
Is the other one your "reject one"? :oops:
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Honestly, I dunno what I'm going to do with the other one. ^_^ We'll see when D/P comes out. I might end up training it too, because it's not sucky, just not as perfect. Of course, the brilliance is you only have to have it for a moment to complete the Pokedex, so could always trade/trade back.
Image Image
Kari

Post by Kari »

Somehow they didn't send link cables to my location, and I didn't get one. They told everyone they could go to the other mall and get one there, but the lines were long, it was raining, and my mom wasn't sure if she'd be home in time to pick me up, so she didn't go there either. She said two of my friends were at the local TRU too, so she didn't feel as bad XD

But yeah, it pisses me off that they wouldn't send link cables.
derp
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

AngharadTy wrote:Honestly, I dunno what I'm going to do with the other one. ^_^ We'll see when D/P comes out. I might end up training it too, because it's not sucky, just not as perfect. Of course, the brilliance is you only have to have it for a moment to complete the Pokedex, so could always trade/trade back.
Well, there goes the closest chance I ever had to have a Mew.:(
I was not thinking of the Pokedex.
I really wanted one to train one and use it, but I really understand your wish of training them both, since Mew learns all TMs you could have a box full of them with the most varied Movesets.
I will just pray my friend is right in his prediction about Nintendo doing Wifi giveaways. ;)
Kari wrote:Somehow they didn't send link cables to my location, and I didn't get one. They told everyone they could go to the other mall and get one there, but the lines were long, it was raining, and my mom wasn't sure if she'd be home in time to pick me up, so she didn't go there either. She said two of my friends were at the local TRU too, so she didn't feel as bad XD

But yeah, it pisses me off that they wouldn't send link cables.
What a shame!
http://www.pokemon.com/flash.asp clearly said that the link cable would be provided by Toys R Us.
I wonder if that's happening in a lot of places how many people are going to sue them...
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I think even in our sue-happy country, it'd be weird to hear of someone suing Toys R Us because they didn't give out Mews. It seems really fishy that they didn't have a link cable, though, and they should at least have done the raincheck thing, or... geez, don't they sell link cables? I know they sell other supplies. Did no one in line have one? People in our line were battling each other.

Overall, weird.
Image Image
Kari

Post by Kari »

My mom said that kids in line had cables. And I don't know why they didn't use one of them or crack open a pack, because my other friend that got one said they wasn't anything special about the cable...
derp