Toys R Us Mew giveaway!!!

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

I. GOT. A. MEW.

And, not just a Mew, but a LEGIT ONE.

*dances like crazy*

Yeah, this was the first promotion I've ever gone to. There was this guy saying that they were going to cut-off the line at 3:00 (it was 2:30 at the time), but, luckily, they didn't. I got my first Mew... 8D
NyauNyau

Post by NyauNyau »

Anyone have it on their Emerald? ..isnt it possible to clone it on that game?
Nothing To See Here
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I got my mew, no bad experience at all. My friend and I got there early, and the line was a little long, but we got it soon enough. The guy was really nice, we chatted for a bit while waiting for the trade. Lots of little kids in line, but an equal amount of people around my age.

Since this wasn't my first pokemon event, I wasn't oooh excited, but it was still a good time. I've got me mew ^-^
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

NyauNyau wrote:Anyone have it on their Emerald? ..isnt it possible to clone it on that game?
No. Can't enter Mew in the Battle Tower, and therefore can't clone it.
Image Image
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

AngharadTy wrote:
No. Can't enter Mew in the Battle Tower, and therefore can't clone it.
Yes, you can.
Here is a video of someone cloning Mew (it's in Spanish, but it's Pkm Emerald, and it's Mew)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2lsxhCGrTU

The cloning happens before your team is checked to see who is useable in battle, so you ca clone any Pokemon.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Ah.. Okay.. that's just slightly different from the cloning instructions I had seen. Maybe I'll try that later.

Edit: Yeah, it's the same except the intstructions I had told me to enter the pokemon I wanted to clone. Not just have it in the party. Now I have a cloned Mew, and I feel dirty. But when D/P comes out, I can give it away and feel less dirty.
Image Image
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

You should give it to me. ;3

I used to have a Mew back in the R/B/Y games. One I got from a friend(I'm 99% sure it was sharked) and two that I cloned off of that one. :D Eee, they were awesome. xD

I wish I could've gone and got a Mew. :o
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Slugawoo wrote:You should give it to me. ;3
Or you should give it to the person who has been asking desperately since the giveaway day. :D

Or you could give it to the asking person you like more. :(

Or maybe you could make your own Mew Army and take over the universe!
MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH :P
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

It seems a bit presumptuous when you phrase it like that, Darigan; it's just a silly little Mew, but you're kind of going the wrong way about asking after it. D/P isn't even available yet, it's a bit early to jump to conclusions. And Slugawoo saying "you should" sounded like a joke, but it didn't sound like a joke when you said it. Or maybe one of those too-hearty jokes covering up overeagerness.

I mean, I can clone my Mews and make an army, yeah, but just cool down a little if you want one of mine. ^_~
Image Image
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

AngharadTy wrote:It seems a bit presumptuous when you phrase it like that, Darigan; it's just a silly little Mew, but you're kind of going the wrong way about asking after it. D/P isn't even available yet, it's a bit early to jump to conclusions. And Slugawoo saying "you should" sounded like a joke, but it didn't sound like a joke when you said it. Or maybe one of those too-hearty jokes covering up overeagerness.

I mean, I can clone my Mews and make an army, yeah, but just cool down a little if you want one of mine. ^_~
I thought the emoticons after each sentence were enough to make it "sound" like a joke. :?

When I asked someone to please get me a Mew I was being serious.
When I said I understood why you would keep them both I was being serious.
When I posted the link of how to clone on Emerald it was to prove it's possible. (you said it wasn't)
When I said to make an army of mews I was joking. I don't intend to clone my Pokemon or to get clones in trades. I don't really consider them legit, and there will be plenty of them (Mew clones) around in WiFi when DP is released.