World of Warcraft - Join Daggerspine (PVP) (US)

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
oh em gee

Post by oh em gee »

heee, BC expansion!

i'll be buying it tomorrow, although gamestop sent me a message about something "MIDNIGHT RELEASE PARTAY WITH LIMITED EDITION GAME GUIDES!" but i have to work the next day. =P

no collector's edition for me, though. 40 extra bucks for a lot of stuff just doesn't appeal... even for the adorable pet. i have turtle mount = happy enough =D

although had i bought the collector's edition of the actual GAME i wouldn't have regretted it. hellooooooo baby panda.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Is the collector's edition stuff available indefinitely, or for a limited period of time? In Guild Wars I bought a preorder that came with a special code for free stuff, but because it arrived later than it was supposed to, I missed the deadline to enter that code and the extra money I spent was wasted. I mean, if you can manage to find a collector's edition of the expansion somewhere down the road, will you still be able to get your goodies?
oh em gee

Post by oh em gee »

Huggles wrote:Is the collector's edition stuff available indefinitely, or for a limited period of time? In Guild Wars I bought a preorder that came with a special code for free stuff, but because it arrived later than it was supposed to, I missed the deadline to enter that code and the extra money I spent was wasted. I mean, if you can manage to find a collector's edition of the expansion somewhere down the road, will you still be able to get your goodies?
i do believe there is no time limit to get your goodies with the collector's editions for WoW. but don't quote me on that. o_o;

it's just that i see a lowbie now and then running around with a mini diablo or zergling, so i assume that the codes work indefinitely. also, that the MRAGHGHLHGHGHG (baby murloc orc-man) that you turn in codes for the baby murloc for going to blizzcon last year is still around in orgrimmar.

could always send an in-game poke to a GM to ask. =D during the day they're quite prompt in giving answers. i like to ask them questions like "what is your favorite cheese?" whenever they ask me "is there anything else i can help you with?"
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Eeee!!! We got the expansion!!!! Yaaaaay!!!!

I made Ryan go out first thing this morning to track down 2 of them. xD I'm so excited yet so mad at the same time. I have to work all day, and I won't be home till 10:00 tonight. D= The day will go by so slowly because all I'll be thinking about is playing it. xD Gahhhh. Oh well. We got our hands on it, that's all I'm happy about. We were worried since we didn't have it pre-ordered that it would be sold out everywhere. But we were in luck!
Image Image
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

So...I picked up my expansion today. Back when the first Warcraft thread was made around this time last year I had no clue what Warcraft was. Now when I find the time I greatly enjoy plyaing it. Anyways, I've browsed through some of the thread to see who is who and where.

I'm looking foward to starting a shiny new blood elf on my PVP server, Ravenholt and taking my druid on Argent Dawn up to 70. If there really are a lot of the NC'ers on Daggerspine I wouldn't mind making a new character on it as well.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Well not a whole lot, there's like 5 total or something, but please do. The normal areas are quite barren(pun intended) right now. Someone was offering gold for a healer for the Wailing Caverns about 10 minutes after it went live. I would have taken them up if I hadn't been playing all day. There was absolutely no one around then, but people are kind of trickling back in. I saw my first player BE in Ashenvale today. I had to look twice before going to help her kill a beast because for some reason I didn't expect to see any outside of Outland.
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Ahhhh SO AWESOME. I love the Blood Elves, the men are so wonderfully flamboyant. xD The Draenei females are so sexy too!!! I never imagined they could look so evil and demonic, but I'm really liking them a lot more than I thought I would.

Daggerspine
Sesshoumarru - Blood Elf Warlock

Gurubashi
Hextress - Draenei Shaman
Image Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Oh, and I just noticed that there are still some free character transfers left. I'm moving Ziyal from Gilneas(PVE) to Area 52(PVE). There's no way I could resist that name.
Niptor

Post by Niptor »

oh em gee wrote:
Huggles wrote:Is the collector's edition stuff available indefinitely, or for a limited period of time? In Guild Wars I bought a preorder that came with a special code for free stuff, but because it arrived later than it was supposed to, I missed the deadline to enter that code and the extra money I spent was wasted. I mean, if you can manage to find a collector's edition of the expansion somewhere down the road, will you still be able to get your goodies?
i do believe there is no time limit to get your goodies with the collector's editions for WoW. but don't quote me on that. o_o;

it's just that i see a lowbie now and then running around with a mini diablo or zergling, so i assume that the codes work indefinitely. also, that the MRAGHGHLHGHGHG (baby murloc orc-man) that you turn in codes for the baby murloc for going to blizzcon last year is still around in orgrimmar.

could always send an in-game poke to a GM to ask. =D during the day they're quite prompt in giving answers. i like to ask them questions like "what is your favorite cheese?" whenever they ask me "is there anything else i can help you with?"
The collectors edition pets do not have codes.

The diablo/zergling/panda you get upon creation of any new character. You get an item in your inventory that you click to start a quest, and talk to the npc right in the starting area to get. You can do this at any time at all, no time limit.

The BC pet (netherwhelp) you will get sent in the in-game mail on any existing characters and any new characters (so for new characters you will have to run to an area with a mailbox to get it, since starting areas don't have them). Most in-game mail lasts for 30 days once it gets to your mailbox, so I would assume the same applies for this pet.

Murky was a special case and had a code. when they decided they would remove the NPC to redeem the code, they gave much advance warning about it so that people could get their pet before it was too late.

Hope this helped some.
NyauNyau

Post by NyauNyau »

This looks like fun...too bad my computer is too old and dated, and doesnt have an advanced graphics card to run it properly.. D:
Nothing To See Here
oh em gee

Post by oh em gee »

my mains are on whisperwind, and HOOBOY is silvermoon city crowded. the server was crashing every 5 minutes at least, and the lag tiger was on the prowl all night.

on the other hand, my blood elf is hot. anorexic, but hot.

=]
Xulael

Post by Xulael »

Ohohoho. I got the expansion yesterday... I'll be installing and playing either tonight or tomorrow afternoon. Gonna be hard deciding whether I want to play BE or Draenei first... XD

~X

Edit :: I made Nextus on Daggerspine. He's a BE warlock. Now I just need to...get back into the flow of the game and level like crazy.
[ X goes by Xulael on most sites ]
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Eehehe. I think perhaps I'll roll a warlock too since my brain cannot handle having more than one character per class. Either that or a mage. I'll post my name once I've decided for sure.

Edit: Maybe not. I created a hunter named Brandice, after a friend of mine, instead. But, grah! No matter how hard I tried, all the acceptable variants of She-Ra are taken. :( Oh, and I did not realize that you only had to be level 58 to enter the outlands, not the new starting areas.

The magical self sweeping brooms all over Silvermoon are really cute and I love it even more than Darnassus. I'm starting to really miss my druid though. I don't being a hunter nearly as much.