Puzzle Pirates: Who Plays?

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Enriana
Human Avatar: 155464

Puzzle Pirates: Who Plays?

Post by Enriana »

I do (I'm Enri, hee), and I know Ty and Will do... anyone else? It's so addictive. =D
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

I do :) I'm Nelennath, but I'm on Sage and I think Ty and Will are on some other ocean...
Enriana
Human Avatar: 155464

Post by Enriana »

oogabooga wrote:I do :) I'm Nelennath, but I'm on Sage and I think Ty and Will are on some other ocean...
Oh, yes, I'm on Viridian as well. I've been intending to traverse the other oceans sometime soon, though, so if you get a random hearty request from a complete stranger some time in the future, it's probably me. ;)
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

I did. I forget what I named myself... either Minzanu or Millipede, I'm sure. Either way, I don't play anymore. My computer can't handle it and all the good items are for paying players. :o
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Slugawoo wrote:all the good items are for paying players. :o
Only on a subscription ocean (the blue colors). Doubloon oceans (the green colors) let anyone wear any items (with a few exceptions, e.g., needing an officer badge to wear a captain's hat) as long as you can buy them. And while you can indeed buy doubloons with real cash, you can also exchange pieces of eight for them, so you can have all sorts of awesome items and never drop a dime on the game.
Image Image
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

Enriana wrote:if you get a random hearty request from a complete stranger some time in the future, it's probably me. ;)
Tell me it's you anyway, because I actually get random hearty requests fairly often :P
Riddler

Post by Riddler »

Ooh, I used to play, but I was scabbing off someone else's paid account xP I don't even know if the account's still in existence, but if 'tis, I'm Aornis. I'd check but PP tends to bork my other windows, and I'm kinda supposed to be studying for exams =P I lovedlovedloved the puzzles but my inner antisocial hated the whole communicate-to-survive element.
Thanks to Twisted for the awesome set!
Otter

Post by Otter »

I do, although rather infrequently. I'm usually on the hunter ocean under the name of Amethystos.

The first time I came there I met one of those 'elite' players on the viridian ocean (when viridian was the only doubloon ocean) who harassed me for being a greenie. That kind of turned me off of the game for a while.
I lovedlovedloved the puzzles but my inner antisocial hated the whole communicate-to-survive element.
That was my problem with it, too. It it involves social skills which I don't have. You can just puzzle with the navy, but it's not profitable. I do job sometimes but it's usually on a large ship like a war brig, so the only interaction I get is "please move to the sailing station" or something like that.

I remember one time when I was jobbing on a one of those large ships, and the officer in command told the crew to "abandon ship" when it badly damaged and full of bilge. (I’m not sure, but I don’t think ships can be sunk unless they’re in a blockade. At least I’ve never seen a ship sink when it’s not in blockade, no matter how bad it’s gotten.) He then planked us when we tried to fix the ship and left the ship at a league point. I’m pretty sure he’s not an officer anymore. *grin*
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

Ships can be sunk in PVP if the flags involved are at war with each other, but that doesn't happen often that I've seen. Certainly my flag doesn't make a habit of being at war... Anyway, if it does sink pirates on board don't lose anything, and have the chance to get an injury :)