wii: wii tour

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Spivsy

wii: wii tour

Post by Spivsy »

Well, I've played it. It's great, actually it's better than great, it's fantastic. I played wii sports against my friend (kicked his ass) played twilight princess (I sucked at it.), rayman raving rabbids (that game is good) and trauma center, where I had to pull glass out of somebodys arm.

It's quite hard to use the nunchuck along with the remote ala twilight princess, but once you get the hang of it there's endless combinations to try out. Sadly, we didn't get a chance on wii play or wario ware smooth moves because the games got switched halfway through for trauma center and raving rabbids. The only problem I can see about the wii is that on some games the sensor is hypersensitive, and the curser goes crazy before landing where you want it to.

I felt sorry for the guy trying to get people to play on the ds lite he had with him.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

*envy*

I found out today that my order of TP (for Gamecube- I'm not buying a Wii before I've tried it out) is going to be delayed by four days, from the 15th to the 19th December- so I'm not going to be able to play it until the new year, goddamnit.
Keith

Post by Keith »

I've got the Gamecube version of TP pre-ordered, because I'm not getting a wii until I don't have to stand in line for one. But I'm going to get TP on it, too.

I've played Wii sports - too, as well as TP on it. I'm so excited for the Wii.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Who here has a Wii now? XD

I bought two today, for me and my boyfriend.. Also Got Zelda, MonkeyBall, and spare controllers.. It's going to take a bit of getting used to, though it doesn't help that I'm tired.. The wiimote's fairly sensitive, as said. You also can't sit with your knees bent in front of you or whatever because it blocks it from working.

I didn't get to go to the tour (don't know if it was even here), so today's my first time playing..
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

*giggles endlessly over the term 'wiimote'* That's just the best name ever. xD

Gah, I'm so jealous of everyone that's getting one right now. I'm so freakin excited for this console, but we can't really afford one right now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a christmas present though. ;D

Till then I've devised a master plan of kidnapping Tophy and his Wii.
Image Image
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Grr. I'm not getting mine till my birthday on the 6th. X3 At least I have a couple of new-ish DS games to tide me over...

Nobody spoil Twilight Princess for me till then, a'ight? :D
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

I don't plan on getting one, but the day after Christmas I'll be visiting my little cousin who will have at least one of the new consoles, if not both so I'm sure I'll be able to play one eventually.
Image Image Image
Aurinona

Post by Aurinona »

I was about five people past the cut-off for Wiis at Toys-R-Us this morning, and everywhere else had insane lines. >:( I guess I'll try to grab one from a later shipment.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I'm not getting one unless I'm given one for free. But, then again, I'm not buying any of the new consoles. I'm not a zelda fan, but I'd kill your grandma for a GC and Metroid Prime. Between a memory upgrade, a ds lite and games, and a new DDR pad since I can't find all the parts to my old one, I'll barely have monies as it is. *holds up sign*

Will make sarcastic comments for next gen consoles
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

I was watching some youtube videos and the Virtual Console aspect of the Wii is quite intriguing, hopefully it won't tempt me to spend my monies.
Image Image Image
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

I want to get a Revolution, but it's a little spendy. That and Twilight Princess is the only worthwhile game for it. I really like the crosshairs with the bow.

I don't understand the mindset behind the people that camp out weeks before launch for a fucking game system. Mental instability aside, don't these people have JOBS? I mean, they must have some sort of income besides their mothers to be able to afford a $500 system.

Maybe I'll wait and see if anything else worthwhile for it comes out before looking at it longingly.
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

$500? My Wii was 280something Canadian, so it would be even less American.

TP is as fantastic as was expected. It really isn't as hard as I thought it would be; I adjusted to the wiimote with minimal frustration.

I sort of blow at Wii Sports, though.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Yeah, spending $500 on a Wii means you did something wrong. ^_~

We sat in the cold and dark for hours this morning but we came away with a Wii and Zelda, Monkey Ball, and Rayman, and also an extra remote (I will not call it a Wiimote, I think that is stupid). We got home and I made a Mii and then fell asleep. ;P But Derek's been playing for hours and loves it. I think I'll go take over for a bit. *scurries*
Image Image
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

I think Damion may have been talking about the PS3.
Image Image Image
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

I think discussing the PS3 on the wii thread is tangential. And I don't mean that in a rude way, but we have a whole section for games. It's not that much effort to give PS3's their own thread.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.