Maple Story

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Ares

Maple Story

Post by Ares »

Does anyone here play maple story?I like to play that game a lot.My name there is AresVladimir because Ares was taken.I'm a warrior!!

Illuen plays with me on maple story too! :D
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I play Maple Story a lot too. Probably far more then I should, actually... I have 13 characters right now, but my main is a Fire Mage named Ezlune on Bera. What server do you play on?

I want Blackbull's Deed to the Land already -_-;;
Slipknotbondage13

Post by Slipknotbondage13 »

Ares character is on Broa-as is one of mine.I've made a character in Windsea (is that the name of the place with the W starting it?) We'd started in Broa as that's where his sister is and she's played for months now.
VanillaCoke

Post by VanillaCoke »

I played it for a while, was fun. I become a magician because spells are pretty and all. I got fustrated with all the leveling up though. I might revisit maple story sometime, it was a nice fun game. And addictive.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I got pretty far in Maple Story, and then lost interest for a few weeks, and when I tried to get back I messed up choosing my PIN and now it won't let me in at all. I sent support emails and such but eventually gave up. I keep meaning to reinstall it and start over, but then, I'm lazy.
Image Image
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

I haven't been on for about a week, but I was fairly addicted before that. My highest-level character is Nelennath, a level 27 mage on Bera, but I really messed up with skills (apparently you're not supposed to max out Energy Bolt. Oops.) so I'm trying to bring myself to devote more time to one done right - Persephonia, on Broa. But she's only level 13 or so.

I have a few more, just begun, but I got bored with them all :P
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I had an archer last time. The first time I played (ages ago, before it was popular, when there were still crazy hacks all throughout, like flying people and such), I made a magician. But I went insane because of mana. It's so hard to level up a magician--5 minutes of combat and you're out of mana, so it's either wait for 15 minutes for it to come back, or use a mana potion which is costly. Sigh. I'd consider having a magician as a secondary, using my main to make money and giving it to the magician to buy potions with, but that's a pain.
Image Image
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

Ooga, there's nothing wrong with maxing Bolt. It's not as powerful as Claw in the long run, but you'll be getting better moves once you get to 2nd job anyway. I have two mages with maxed bolt, and it's really not as big a deal as some of the guide nazis make it out to be.

I'm a big fan of unique builds. I find it makes the game far more interesting then having the same stats as the next character. My fire mage has 25 STR and can use a fusion mace. My level 32 cleric has bolt maxed instead of claw. I've got a LUKless poison master. My pure lightning has bolt and invincible maxed. And just for the fun of it, I have a warrior cleric, which has a cap of 20 INT with the rest into STR and DEX. My sixth mage is a 4/4 Claw/Guard ice/lightning for the heck of it. And that's just my mages XD I also have a AB Crossbowman, Hybrid Spearman, Low DEX BW Page, and STR Bandit. The last three are your average Sin, Hunter and Fighter. I should probably note that most of these characters aren't actually second job yet, but they will be eventually and I have their stats planned out and everything.

I do catch a lot of flack from people, especially with my fire mage and bolt cleric. (When did the cat get on my lap?) But I enjoy laughing at them because they have nothing better to do then be offended by a unique character. And man, I ranted again. Forgive me XD
Slipknotbondage13 wrote:Ares character is on Broa-as is one of mine.I've made a character in Windsea (is that the name of the place with the W starting it?) We'd started in Broa as that's where his sister is and she's played for months now.
Broa is pretty fun, my bolt cleric Antheryn is there. The 4th world is actually Windia, but I don't play on their much because my LUKless mage is stuck in Ossy and I dislike sins.
Slipknotbondage13

Post by Slipknotbondage13 »

I've only played a few days what is a sins?? I'm not overly fond of my character on Windia-it's on my daughter's account as I've tried to create a female on mine and cannot as I made a male character for Ares to play first :p I chose to be a mage in windia feh...so so weak *lmao* level 7 and blue snails are a huge effort to beat.

My main character is a guy in Brodea-a thief-lovely to play with compared to the mage but weak compared to Ares warrior who is the same level (12) as my thief.I've no idea what skills to up when I level with the thief.I think claw looks like it'll be useful but not so sure about the rest.I've put a couple points in a few other things though.

With Ares account though Raine's friend is helping him out with where to put points as he's got no clue.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

Sin is short for Assassin, one of the second jobs for the thief and the second most popular class in all of Maple Story next to mages. Personally I find most sins to be obnoxious jerks, but I'm primarily a mage, and I think most sins tend to feel the same way about mages =D

One of the best sites out there is http://www.hidden-street.net They have Weapon and Armor stats, info on all the quests and monsters, and in general good information. They also have a lot of guides, which are useful as guidelines in figuring out where to put AP and SP.

As for thief moves... The two second jobs are vastly different, so it's probably a good idea to have in mind which you'd like to be when putting in skill points. Bandits use daggers, while Sins use Claws and throwing stars. Bandits are a lot like warriors in fighting style, but they're some of the strongest characters around in 3rd job. Sins are long range and tend to jump around a lot. If you're going to be a bandit, max Double Stab, if you're going for a sin, Lucky 7 and Keen Eyes. Generally if you're going for one class, you don't max the other moves, but it's not that big a deal I think. As for the other moves, it's up to you. Personally I think Dark Sight is rather fun...

If you're going to do a mage right, you kinda have to put up with sucking until around level 17 or so, as you should max Max MP Increase before anything else, other then one point in bolt. After that it's good to max MP Recovery, so you can actually fight with some endurance. But once you get those two covered, you can start maxing your attack, and once that's covered, you're going to have a lot of fun. First 8 levels on a 4/4 are painful though T-T

Hope that's helpful and not ranty. There should be a warning not to get Joey started on Maple...
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

I know what you mean Joey. I am a level 17 mage on Broa with Ares and Slipknot, and until the last three or so levels I was weak. Now, however, my attacks are doing between 80 and 120 consecutively, and I am loving it. I also am working on maxing out bolt, but I always do weird stuff like that in RPGs. I do not see the fun in a game if you have to have the exact same stats as every other Mage in the game, if you know what I mean.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

Wait until 23. That's when I maxed my bolt with Antheryn. I had actually done the thing where you save SP when your attack is at level 10 to avoid the MP increase, then max it at once a few levels later. I got that at level 23, along with a wand upgrade, and it was incredibly fun having all that power.

And then I Party Quested...

Anyway, on Broa you'll probably see me as Antheryn, Verouk, Derina, or Haves. Haves being my newbie I started the other night for no good reason.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

*muttergrumbledownloads* Guess I'll join Broa. I'll try and friend some of you Broans. =)

Okay, I'm on Broa, as Chaostrophy. Since thief is the only path I haven't gone yet, I'm doing that. I'll be boring and go sin, but I love throwing stars, they're just so cool!

Edit later: Ehh, I dunno if thief suits me. I made an archer again, Spidrak. =)
Last edited by AngharadTy on 09 Feb 2006 01:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Bunglejub

Post by Bunglejub »

I've been playing on and off for a bit now. I got bored of playing with my archer and warrior so I'm using a mage now on Windia called HyperWook. I think I'm at level 19 at the moment, but I'm a bit bored with it as I've finished all the quests that I'm powerful enough to do and the rest of the Level 15 quests are too much for me to do right now.

So yeah, I'm only playing a bit each day to get my exp up 10% or so. Doesn't help that I just died a couple of minutes ago due to me answering the phone and not paying attention. :(
Imagethanks to MM
my account
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

I actually have a bit of a dying problem. I think I've died at least 6 times this level, and 5% at level 42 is a bitch to lose. First time was semi intentional at Wraiths, I died twice at Jr. Pepe's while not paying attention, and then I had a few nasty deaths at Dark Nependeths/Lunar Pixies, the two of them are a tad out of my range still, grr. I'm betting I'd be level 43 by now if not for all that dying...