Nintendo DS. Is it worth buying?

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

VI is the best by far, in most people (including mine's) opinions. I just suggested the only one specifically for DS besides that Chocobo game, but I haven't yet played it so I can't recommend it.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Has anyone found any real substantial evidence that they'll ever make the DS truly OLD Gameboy game compatible, or if there will be a way to do so?

The only reason I won't get one (aside from and especially considering the price factor) is that it won't play my old Gameboy games, and Brain Age isn't enough reason alone to get it. I plan to eventually get another better-screen GBA-SP when mine finally gives up (it's already acting old), but if I could play the games on a DS I would get that instead. I keep getting misinformation (and high hopes dashed) when people say there's an adapter or that indeed their DS plays their old GB games...and of course they lie (or they think I'm only talking about GBA games which I already told them was NOT the case).
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Joey wrote:Both Phoenix Wright games get rave reviews but I haven't played either due to soul sucking.
I just finished the first PW game, and I immediately ran out and bought the second one. It's not a game for everyone (there's very little action; it really is more like an "interactive novel"), but it's my favorite DS game right now. Hell, if I'd known I'd love the series this much, I would have bought the DS just for it.

When school's in session, I usually leave the DS on the back burner. But I don't regret buying it, because when I do have time to play it, I usually end up wasting a few hours on it when I only intended to kill 30 minutes or so. I'm happier that I invested in it rather than a non-portable console (i.e., the Wii), because I can take it with me pretty much everywhere and play it on the bus or plane or whenever I have a moment to sit.

And for the record, I have the black DS Lite. And I love it. :3