Nintendo DS. Is it worth buying?

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

You might want to try a used games place instead. Most of their stuff is already out of the box anyway, so you can try whatever you want, and they'll probably be more than happy to let you pick and choose if it means they'll make a sale.

I still haven't bought one yet, even though I have at least two DS games with my GBA collection. I have Warioware and something else. I was planning on getting it for Metroid Prime Hunters and Animal Crossing, but now I'm not so sure. I've decided that I need an iphone, or whatever they're going to call it, when it's released because I don't have a cellphone or mp3 player. Well, I do have an mp3 player, but I've only gotten so far as opening it in the year or so I've had it. Plus, I think I threw away the cord that connects it to my pc on that day I finally cleaned my room last year.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Get a DS. Diamond and Pearl are coming out April 22. Plus, there's the two Kirby games, and Metroid, and Castlevania, and Mario, Sonic, Tetris, AND all of the GBA games...
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Ryan bought me a DS Lite for my birthday and I love it to bits, it's so fun to play, I love how interactive the touch screen is with games. I'd definitely reccommend it. =D
Image Image
Anna the Red

Post by Anna the Red »

They have the Sonic games?!

Yep, The Nintendo DS shall be mine! Now I just need to save up enough to buy the console, Emerald, probably Pokemon Rangers and anything else I can afford. Whoo!
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Hopefully you'll like the DS if you do decide to get one and don't plan to play any of the very old GB games.

I probably won't ever get one until/unless they make it completely Gameboy backward-compatible. I like my older games way too much to justify getting a DS (which can't play half of my games), though my GB AdvanceSP is starting to show its age and I'll probably have to replace it soon. I'm ever so slightly tempted though because of Brain Age and the better multiplayer abilities, but those aren't worth the cost of it to me.
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

Yeah, Sonic Rush. But it's crap.
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

I have no idea whether or not a DS is worth it, as I don't own one, I just want to warn you- if Madge or someone else sends you a DS, get them to make sure it's labelled as a cheap gift or you're likely to get tax slapped on it when it goes through Customs if Iceland's anything like here.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Spivsy wrote:
Yeah, Sonic Rush. But it's crap.
Yeah, says Game Informer, who likes to kiss ass to Sony and complained that Sonic Rush felt too much like the Genesis games (which is what everyone in the Sega community wanted after the atrocities that were Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog). And Blaze pwns.

I personally love that game. I'm playing it over again right now because of how awesome it is. >:)
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

It's crap so says Spivsy. I couldn't give a shit what review sites say, they aren't me so they don't know if it's crap or not. Crap is a matter of opinion, and spivsy says sonic rush=crap.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

It finally occurred to me that we have an Offsite Games forum for just this reason, hee, so I moved the topic. I'm slow some days. Hopefully the shadow topic I left is enough to not be confusing.
Image Image
covet

Post by covet »

I love my DSlite. I got it for christmas. I'm a platform scroller kinda gal and super princess peach was <i>awesome.</i> Sonic rush is pretty hard and makes me a little boggle eyed, and I think I'm giving up on it until there is at least an infinite lives cheat code found because it pisses me off to start over so often. Yoshi's island is a good platformer which I'm playing right now. Harder than Princess Peach, but not <i>too</i> hard.

I'm not much of a gamer in general, but I do love this. Also! You can get an internet browser and use it like a tiny tiny portable laptop.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

It's not that difficult to be harder then Super Princess Peach. It's a great game and I loved it, but I beat it entirely within a few days. And I'm not that good at games.
Anna the Red

Post by Anna the Red »

AngharadTy wrote:It finally occurred to me that we have an Offsite Games forum for just this reason, hee, so I moved the topic. I'm slow some days. Hopefully the shadow topic I left is enough to not be confusing.
Whoops! sorry Ty! I tend to associate 'offsite' with 'Subeta' so I didn't think! Ta for the move though. Do you want me to change the title so it fits with the section rules?

Is Sonic Rush really crap? Damn. I was so excited about a new game. I do so love Knuckles and Tails. I had a crush on Knuckles after I started reading the comics.

I realise now I probably should not have mentioned that.

Madge sent me the Emerald Rom, so I don't think I'll be buying that, but I will definitely be buying Pokemon Rangers, as it sounds pretty fucking awesome. Also: diamond or Pearl, because that sounds very cool as well.

Any other games anyone can recommend?
Keith

Post by Keith »

Brain Age is really interesting. I know that a game about learning doesn't sound fun, but it's interesting to see yourself get 'younger' every time you play, and you'll notice that it really does make a difference challenging yourself everyday. Just don't buy the sequels (big brain academy, etc) as they aren't nearly as good.

Final Fantasy III is actaully really good. The plotline isn't good, but there wasn't much they could do with that, since they just ported it from GBA. But the job system was revolutionary at that point, and is still fun to play.

There are lots of good games, really. :D (I love my DS)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Heh, I had more fun playing around with Big Brain Academy than Brain Age--probably because I loathe sudoku.

Anna, I dunno if the title now is what it always was or if you changed it, but this title works just fine. It's about a system, not a specific game.
Image Image