Pokemon Crater

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Scimthary

Pokemon Crater

Post by Scimthary »

I just came across this website very recently ( yesterday actually ) although I had been hearing about it for a long time. It's an online game where you don't need to download anything seing as you playing on the site: http://www.pokemoncrater.com

The game is basically about capturing pokemons, and there are 4 types of pokemons: normal, ghostly, dark, metallic and shiny. Which means you can have ( as an example ) a regular normal pidgey and a ghostly pidgey, but all the non-normal pokemons are much rarer than the normal.
It's also possible to battle against gyms from Kanto, Jhoto and Hoenn and the leagues. When you have all the badges, the legendary pokemons will appear.

Example:
Dark Mantine - Image
Shiny Mantine - Image

Of course, the game has a trade system where you can trade your pokemons for anyone else pokemons and the forums are not that bad either. It can look boring at first because you have to move your character around the maps using a system similar to the one found on neoquest ( neopets ), but it's really fun and addicting once you get used to it. :D

My username there is Crucialus. ^____^
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Wow I used to play this game years ago! I totally forgot about it. It's probably changed a bit since I last logged in, but it was pretty fun. Do you still pick all of your pokemon's moves? That was one thing I didn't like about it. You could give any pokemon any attack.
Image Image Image
Scimthary

Post by Scimthary »

Monkeyguy wrote:Wow I used to play this game years ago! I totally forgot about it. It's probably changed a bit since I last logged in, but it was pretty fun. Do you still pick all of your pokemon's moves? That was one thing I didn't like about it. You could give any pokemon any attack.
Yes, you can still do that, as long as you pay for that attack =P
dunx5000

Post by dunx5000 »

Yup, I've been playing this too, it's like the closest thing to a pokémon MMO (mental note: not a "moo") It's quite fun =D
I'm Dunxie.. there's a minimum user name requirement of 5 letters
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Oooh, nifty! I shall have to check it out. Hopefully it'll have some Pokémon I like. I'm a particular fan of Dratini and Dragonair...but I LOATHE Dragonite. So I'm hoping at least the first two are there.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Fjorab_Teké wrote:I'm a particular fan of Dratini
I was looking at the FAQ's and they have 3 unique evolutions of Dratini, ice, fire, and electric versions.
Image Image Image
kerg

Post by kerg »

I play that site, not very often though. The one thing I don't like about it is
that the battling isn't realistic, even attacks like thunder wave do damage. Other than that it's really cool, my name there is Kerg.
dunx5000 wrote: there's a minimum user name requirement of 5 letters
Really? Wonder how I got my name then...? :?
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

I'm Spivsy on there, I once heard this described as "Netbattle for retards" and since I had no idea how to work netbattle I jumped at this.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Does anyone have any tips on how to beat both Elite Four? The 8th Gym leaders and Pryce?

Like what Pokemon should I level up or catch?

I currently have a Dark Tangela, Swampert, Shuckle, Hypno, Weavile and Ghostly Ludicolo. In my other Pokemon I have a Seviper and Dewgong. I can catch others, that's why I am asking.

I'm adi_gallia if you want to check out my Pokemon or something.
Xulael

Post by Xulael »

I've played Pokemon Crater off and on for a while now 'cause of my youngest brother. I always get bored before I get very far, even if I'm multi-tasking to keep my mind off of the boring grind. XD

I'm a little annoyed that my Jolteon doesn't have the ability to learn Substitute*. o_o It'd also be cool if you could give your Pokemon nicknames, but, alas~ No such luck.

My user's Xulael.

~X

Edit: *apparently, the game has none of the defensive moves at all--ie, reflect, synthesis, etc. Which is...laaaaaaaaame. |: I do not like playing like a nubsauce and using all attack moves.
[ X goes by Xulael on most sites ]
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Yeah, an actual online Pokémon thing would be cool. As it is, I just can't get into Crater. Too not Pokémon-like.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Luka

Post by Luka »

I play it, i play it! XD
My nickname here is Lucior. I play it after a 2 years o_o;
Yesterday i search a Dialuga. I found a Dark Dialuga XD. Nice. I love this game, when i am bother.
neopets: Lukeina
subeta: Lukensz