Pokemon D/P/Pt discussion

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Re: Pokemon D/P discussion

Post by Jessi »

Thanks to Ty being super amazing, I have been re-EV training my beloved Gardevoir Francis, which is a lot easier now that he's level 81 than it would have been actually playing the game with him xD Hooray!

Some questions, in case anyone knows:
-Does moving a Pokemon from D/P to Ranch act the same as a trade, and cause them to go back to a neutral happiness setting? I ask because I wanted to put Francis in there to see how cute he looks, but I also don't want it to ruin his happiness.
-Are Pokemon in Ranch set to sleep at a certain time, or does it involve their personalities and what not? On that note - does anyone know what bloody time Jirachi is -awake- in Ranch?! We've managed to catch him awake once or twice, but it's usually because I throw another Pokemon on his head or something like that. Otherwise, he's -always- sleeping. It's frustrating ;_;
Anubimon

Post by Anubimon »

AngharadTy wrote:I got my Deoxys(es) yesterday. Just like with Darkrai, we just parked in front of the store and turned the DSes on. ^_^ I got a modest one on Diamond and I dunno what nature to aim for on Pearl... Maybe modest with even better IVs?
Well, depends on how you want to use him. If you have a Modest already for Special Attacking, I'd suggest going for a different nature for a different form.
If you want to be evil you can go for Defense form and do something like Protect, Recover, Toxic, and Cosmic Power. Maybe get some Leftovers on it. Put a lot of speed and maybe a speed boosting nature to help it outrun stuff and it will never die after you Cosmic Power enough. I had the misfortune of fighting a similar Lugia on Battle Revolution once. Protect, Substitute, Toxic, Roost. I rage just thinking about it.
The balls of evil are never safe from the steel-toed boot of JUSTICE!!!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Heehee. Yeah, that is pretty tempting, and *definitely* what I would do if my one Deoxys didn't have crappy IVs. *Probably* still what I'll end up doing. Because that'd be so great.
Image Image
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Is anyone willing to do some dex-trades with me? I'm looking for Jirachi, Deoxys, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Phione and Manaphy.

PM me if you're willing to trade me them for the dex data. I have a Mew and Celebi (not sure how legit since they're from the GTS) if anyone wants to get them for their dex while they help me.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I'm necroing this. For great justice, I swear. And because making a Platinum only topic was not worth it in my eyes :)

Platinum is out in Americanada in less than one month (And I will be getting it. If I find a job before that.) Who else is? :)

Oh, and speaking of D/P, I finally started to be decent at poffins. Well, decent enough to get Milotics, now, which is fun. My arm hurts after three poffins, though
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Re: Pokemon D/P/Pt discussion

Post by AngharadTy »

There, I fixed the topic title.

I want Platinum, but... I also want money, so it's a conundrum. D=
Image Image
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Lindsey and I have already preordered our copies of Platinum and are picking them up on the 22nd! I've started breeding the team I plan to use in it, too xD
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I'm getting Platinum as well! I've held up a record of owning at least one of every version, why stop now? I'm thinking I may not start it until April 22nd though, since that would have all three of my versions start on the same date a year apart and I LIKE SYMMETRY! /Death the Kid. *cough* And I also have a team in mind, but I haven't started breeding it yet.

Instead I've been working hard to train my second team on Diamond, which is close to finalizing movesets, I just need to raise my Xatu like 5 more levels. But that got distracted because I started playing Sapphire again, since I never finished raising a team there. I reworked my movesets and everything, so the team sucks less. Does anyone remember where to find PP ups in that game?
WisteriaLynx
Human Avatar: 319191

Post by WisteriaLynx »

I'm also getting Platinum. x3 I can't wait for the expanded Sinnoh dex! I love fire-types... it was so depressing to only have two of them pre-E4 in D/P. I've started playing my Ruby version again to kill time until then (but I don't know where to find PP ups, sorry Dx).
Kari

Post by Kari »

Americanana = awesome term.

I'm...actually not getting Platinum, since I have too many other games to work through. I'll get it eventually, but not at release. I was going to make a whole new team for wi-fi anyway, but Flygon was recently bumped up to OU tier, and I refuse to use more than one OU in my team, and Weavile already fills that spot :( My team shall be dragon-less for a while longer, now.
derp
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I may or may not get Platinum. I haven't yet gotten as far as I'd like to on Diamond (I have a tendency to stall on higher-level sticky/slow spots in a game). I haven't seen the new species, but most of my favorites are still the originals, though I do like a few of the more recent ones.

I've also considered getting the new DSi, but STUPID Nintendo decided to make the music format AAC, not .mp3...thus cutting a chunk out of the cool factor. It'll also mean no more GBA games or certain "bulky" DS games (thankfully none of which I have, but still sucky). I just hope the future DS games aren't only DSi compatible. :P I could tolerate it better if they came out with a decent card game pack (read: Ultimate Card Games that I've been hoping they finally produce for the DS) and some more board type games.
EDIT - Apparently they plan to fix the issue of "backward compatibility" but take it even one step better and have discounted game downloads available instead of a cartridge slot...neeeeaaat! And with SD cards, the storage capacity is pretty well endless.
Last edited by Fjorab_Teke on 08 Mar 2009 08:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Just a reminder, the regigigas giveaway event starts tomorrow I believe. I'll probably stop by and pick mine up on Monday after class.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Regigigas at TRS? Does it do anything special? I have one on Diamond already, because I had all the regis on Ruby and moved them over. Do I want this enough to bug Derek to take me to the child-place again? ;)
Image Image
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

It opens a special place where you can catch the three Regis, but otherwise...moveset, maybe.

Which reminds me, I still don't have Regigigas.

(And, I decided I will buy Platinum on launch date)
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

I'll be getting Platinum, but when it's released in the UK. I debated about importing but figure I can live without it for a few more months....although I'll be resetting for a shiny Piplup so God knows when I'll actually start to properly play it.