Pokemon D/P/Pt discussion

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Pokemon D/P/Pt discussion

Post by AngharadTy »

Ah, well, sorry then for the explanation, heehee. Like I said, I don't AR my pokemon games (not that I care, but I probably wouldn't if I had the choice) so I dunno how it works.
Image Image
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

Alecko wrote:The actual program is called RNGReporter; it and the instructions are in the first post of the Smogon topic (should have made that clearer before).

(I actually don't have- or care for- AR. The international parents bit is what I'm interested in. Even if the shinies are technically legit for this, it still feels like cheating to me).
OOH, interesting. I apparently haven't been keeping up with the hacking front as well as I used to. Thank you!

I don't AR pokemon except to clone or to use the hatch-shiny code for giveaways. The only thing I do on a regular basis is use pokesav to tweak things for people, like re-nicknaming or assigning OTs.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Sorry, guys. I realize I'm a noob. 8D

I seem to recall a dude in one of the previous games being able to delete a move and restore an older move that that pokemon had. If that makes any sense. Does this dude exist in platinum and where can I find him? Because I totally messed up my Kadabra's attack set. :<
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Yeps, he's in Canalave city (6th badge city) :)
Move restorer is in Pastoria.

Ty, I managed to find a spare TM for you. PM me so than we can find a hour, as my wireless is a bastard these days and it loves to disconnect me for the lulz.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

My two garchomps (on two games) are named Giblets and Landshark. Which are fine names, but it's a bit like naming a dog Spot or Fluffy. Anyone have any better ideas? ;P
Image Image
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Woo! Thank you, Iggy. 8D You've saved my Kadabra.

On a side note, all this pokemon has made me want to play my leafgreen version again. So I restarted both my FR and LG so that I could get all three starters on LG, stole my friend's GBA, and ransacked the basement and my room trying to find those funky plastic thingies that allow you to trade. Needless to say, I am currently very happy, and my friend will be now that she gets her gamething back.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Wow, this thread is enormous @_@

I just got a DS lite and Pokemon Diamond yesterday. The last pokemon game I played was Gold, so I'm totally excited by all the new stuff (not the least of which are the graphics... WOAH! Almost 3D!). And the cute little animations when you send pokes out to battle! And leaving footprints in sand! And and and! *gushy*

Anyway. Who wants to suggest improvements for my team? Keep in mind that I've played for like 6 hours and have NO familiarity with third or fourth gen pokes -- so I really don't know what's out there in terms of choice.

MY POKEMANS, LET ME SHOW YOU THEM Here's my current team:

-Water starter's 2nd evolution (I forget its name...)
-Ponyta (I'm not finding any other fire types... I like Rapidash but I want Houndoom :()
-The pidgey equivalent's 2nd evolution (Star... something.)
-Alakazam (got the Abra from the in-game trade, leveled up, traded with sis to evolve)
-Luxio? (Electric dude...)
-Onix (to be Steelix'd ASAP)

My HM slave is Bidoof, who replaces Onix when I need to cut/rock smash my way around. Any pokes I should absolutely consider replacing with others or anything? I'm wanting a ghost/poison/something nasty (I can catch Ghastly at that Old Chateau place) or a dark type (currently the electric guy is my only poke with a dark type move, which is Bite).

Also, I really want to look into the ~*trading pokemans over the internet*~ thing, which strikes me as an amazing development. Wowowow!
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Houndour/Houndoom are only in Platinum, prior to National Dex. They're post National Dex in Pearl.(Diamond got Mightyena) I think. I forgot.

You won't need a fire type THAT much, I think Byron is the only gym leader where one is a good idea, though. And even that, not that much, especially if you have Staravia/Staraptor (Which is pretty kickass. I adore Pidgeot, don't get me wrong, but Staraptor actually has a fun moveset) and later, Lucario.

Where are you, right now?
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

I'm not sure what prior/post National Dex means, but in any case I have Diamond, and so that's Mightyena. Hum. Sis has Pearl, we're both playing together, dawdling our way towards Veilstone City. (I'm guessing Mightyena is one of the newer generation pokes because it doesn't ring a bell. Same with Lucario haha.)So no Houndoom in sight by the looks of it. Oh well.

I really like Pidgeot, too. I'm glad there's an equivalent (or, judging by your post, better) in this game! I have Staravia now. He is cute. If I can skip on a fire type, what would you suggest to replace it? I think I'll keep mine trained up anyway because I like Rapidash.

Oh, and can you get Eevee in this game?... ok I'm going to go do some research rather than ask what are probably dumb questions LOL.

10 mins later: EEVEE HAS TWO NEW EVOLUTIONS OMG :shock:
Larkspurlane @ neo
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

You get the National Dex (complete pokedex spanning all games) after beating the Elite Four.

Mightyena is from the Ruby/Sapphire generation; Lucario is new to Diamond/Pearl. I love Lucario. I have two. ^_^

You've basically got a solid team there. You could consider adding a dragon (Garchomp is the hot new one to D/P) or an ice type. I like to have things for when I face dragons, hehe. And if you want the ghost/poison, Gengar is still super sweet.

But really, if there's any pokemon in particular that you really want, it doesn't matter if it's available in Diamond specifically, pre or post Nat. Dex. You just need an internet connection. And to ask us to breed for you. I know I have a houndour somewhere, so I could breed you an egg--you can even trade eggs so if you want to hatch it yourself, you can. I am not 100% sure I have a houndour, though, heh. (It's in my pokedex, sure, but I have a tendency to trade things away willy-nilly.)
Image Image
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

You get the National Dex after see the 150 pokémon in Sinnoh.
After, you get the PokéRadar. Which allows you to get some not-Sinnoh pokémon. Although I forgot if you have to beat Elite 4 before or after.

Lucario is Fighting/Steel/Kickass. You get his preevo egg before Canalave (6th gym?) and he evolves by happiness.

Yes, you get Eevee after beating the Elite Four in Diamond/Pearl :) I suggest resetting until you get a female, for breeding purposes :P

I used Stunky/Skuntank and later Croagunk/Toxicroak to replace a Fire type before I could get a decent one (Read - Camerupt). Skuntank learns Flamethrower naturally, and resists poison damage and psychic attacks. :)

Or, or Sneasel/Weavile. One of the rare ice types worth it. :)
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Thank you for the explanations! I feel really out of date. The concept of trading pokemon over the internet is totally amazing to me. Hahaha. That is so cool. I still have to figure out how to actually connect -- I found the Global Trading Whatsit place in Jubilife (sp?) I think, but my DS wouldn't connect. I figure I have to fiddle with settings on my wireless router or something.

So you can battle over the internet too, from what I have gathered? I'm reading some pretty spectacular strategy guides about EVs and IVs and pokemon natures and I'm like... wowww. I thought I just had to make my poke earn EXP. Haha. I think I'll stick to in-game Hiker Anthonys for right now. :D

When I figure out how to actually connect to the internet with my DS I will post here with a 2-3 pokemon wishlist!! :D Would that be ok? I totally forgot dragon and ice. I just looked up Garchomp and it looks cool, and it's very interesting that its second type is ground. Hm! I'd love an egg/youngin for one of those. I will figure out the connection issue before I get carried away, haha.

Edit: and thank you for the suggestions, Iggy. I have noted them for when I come across them & in case I can't get my internet thing to work. The skunk ones are particularly interesting... hm! *rubs chin thoughtfully*
Last edited by Larkspurlane on 15 Apr 2009 02:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Larkspurlane @ neo
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Ahah, no problem. I think it took me three router rebooting and over half a hour to trade with Ty, the other day :P
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Hmm, I think you have to beat the E4... it's been a while since I did it on D/P. I'm being lazy on Pt so it'll take me another few days to beat them, haha.

Weavile is pretty awesome, I should train one. But then maybe not, because I might just breed a Luxray with Ice Fang instead. I'm still undecided on that count. (95% accuracy does not feel that high in my hands!)
Image Image
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Ohh yeah, Platinum just came out!

Me and my little sis (well little -- she's 21 haha) were both at Toys R Us wondering whether we should get it. In the end we decided to be like old times and get the paired games (we played Red and Blue, and Gold and Silver, together). Is Platinum very different, or is it kind of like how Yellow was to R/B?

(*feels so dated*)
Larkspurlane @ neo