Pokemon D/P/Pt discussion

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Iggy

Re: Pokemon D/P/Pt discussion

Post by Iggy »

Today is Friday, so people that don't have Drifloon for their 'dex, it's in the Windworks.

Yes. Stupid reminder. I need to go catch mine right now.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I was heading off to serebii.net today to look some things up, and saw an announcement I knew you UK-Pokemon players would like to hear about :3 There will be a Shaymin event for UKers from April 4th-18th!
Not only that, but between 4th - 18th April participating GAME Stores across the country will be running events where you can have your face painted, get your balloon Pokémon, and meet some of the Pokémon characters, all in store!*

Plus you'll even be able to battle the legendary Pokémon trainer!*

*NOTE: Store event activities will vary from store to store, please ring your nearest GAME Store ahead of visiting to find out more.
Here is the actual page with the info on it!
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

..I spent 2 hours trying to catch Giratina last night. That was a huge pain in the ass. D: Most of the time it fainted because it ended up needing to use Struggle.

*wishes she had brought a pokemon that could sleep status it, but eventually got lucky with random paralysis from Spark*
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Ooh, it comes new me on the 4th and 5th. I want to go, but I'm not brave enough to go to a Pokemon event, heh.
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Adi, I'm not sure if these events work the same way, but at the giveaways we've had here at both Toys r Us and Gamestop, you can literally go in, download your Pokemon, and leave - Ty was able to do it from her car even. Lindsey and I just walked right into both Gamestop and Toys r Us, got our Pokemon in about 2 seconds, and left - since you just need to get your mysterious gift. It's not like the old days where you had to transfer with a Nintendo rep or anything. You should go xD You don't have to interact with anyone, really.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Getting a Mew was one of the most harrowing experiences of my life. And then Pokemon went to a wireless handheld and it was YAY. Totally go--you don't have to really exist there for long, like Jessi said. =)
Image Image
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Hmm...it doesn't sound so bad if it's wireless. It'd be better if this was at Toys R Us, the two GAME shops I can get to easily are in a shopping centre or in the middle of a town and the shops themselves are so tiny and cramped. I'd feel like a dork walking around with a DS. TRU, however, is HUGE so I'd feel less paranoid about it.

Perhaps I'll convince my youngest brother to come along. xD
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Adi, don't feel like a dork xD Lindsey and I bring our DSes everywhere! We'll be out for a nice dinner somewhere and I'll be like "HAY LETS TRADE POKEYMANS". And we do.

Haha yeah, Ty, I remember going to the Manaphy event, not knowing what to expect - and then we were like "Really, this is it? O_o" And it was good.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Haha! Yeah. I had all the horror stories about getting Mew... pennywhistles should all be broken into a billion bits. And then burned. Just in case.
Image Image
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Since my platinum game guide has been lost and then taken, probably never to be seen by me again, I realized I had a diamond-pearl pokedex book that will theoretically immediately eliminate half my problems. Does anyone know if the learned moves changed from d-p or are they all the same?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

There are some changes. I believe serebii.net is up to date, and veekun.com might be by now, as well. Serebii has a page listing the differences from D/P to Pt (click Platinum on the left, and then the differences link on the right--I'm having internet problems right now and can't get most pages to load).
Image Image
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Well, darn. I guess I'll have to rebuy the guide book. Those websites will help a lot when I have access to a computer, which I usually don't when I'm at school or on the train. :< Thanks for the links; I'm really liking this Veekun site. Now I just need something with an awesomely labeled map.
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

TCStarwind, we're just using our D/P guide anyway; the biggest difference is a few moves have been added here and there and some Pokemon learn different moves at different levels. Not all Pokemon are different, though. So far, at least, Platinum hasn't been different enough to make us even consider getting an up to date Platinum Pokedex.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

So... like... when I got Diamond, I saw my first-ever wild (non-red-gyarados) shiny. And it was a machoke. Basically my least favorite pokemon line ever. My second least favorite pokemon line ever is the geodude line.

Guess what shiny I just found on Platinum?
Image Image
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Ahah. Shiny Geodude isn't that bad. Except for the fact it's a Geodude. And Geodude is annoying.

I got a shiny Nincada in Diamond, Ty. Whose only good point is to evolve into two shinies, if I remember right.