Pokemon D/P/Pt discussion

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Keith

Post by Keith »

That's why you save ;p and make sure that your game is okay before you save again.

I used to AR my entire mew team, just because they were my favorite's. And I'd also get pokemon that I couldn't in my game, etc.

-dirty cheater-
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

From what I've read about this particular glitch, saving is not an option. Saving is actually one of the things that will destroy your file.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Hmm I don't know which of Diamond or Pearl to get.

Diamond has Seel, Pearl has Spheal. (Seals <3)

Diamond has Murkrow and Pearl has Misdreavus.

I like Diamonds legendary, but I also like Bagon and Glameow from Pearl. It's gonna be a coin toss decision on the day I think, but first I have to tackle the fact that I don't have a DS. x.O
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

sorry, this is a double post and bumping an old topic, but I'm gonna do it anyway as I have a question and I think this should be an official D/P discussion until the release.

http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/gbapokemon.shtml

I was just there and I am curious about it, does anyone know exactly this is gonna work? In my household we own a Ruby and Emerald. We have a Japanese FR/LG. Does this mean I will have to get the English versions of S/FR/LG? Also, does anyone know how far into the game we would need to be to activate this thing? (on the GBA game, not D/P)
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

I really, really hate to bump up topics, but D/P is just five days away for me, and I'm so excited I can't hold it in. Will I be the only one getting it at such a time?
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Omg, I'm BEYOND excited, so you are not alone xD FMD and I preordered our copies about a month ago, and we'll be going in Sunday morning to pick them up, along with our cute styluses :D

I'm so excited XD She's getting pearl, and I'm getting diamond. And AGH I told myself I'd never be addicted to Pokemon! Look what you all did to me!

(seriously, when I first joined the forums, I knew NOTHING of pokemon. NOTHING)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Hmm, I started at NC before I started up with Pokemon, too. What, do people at this forum just like games with cute critters or something? ^_~

I'm picking up my copy of Diamond on Sunday. When I preordered, the clerk laughed and said no one wanted Pearl because it's pink. Honestly, that hadn't occurred to me--I just want Dialga a lot more than P..Palkia? Dammit. I learned the Japanese names and now it'll take a while before I figure out the English. ;P (I was tempted to name my starter Pocchama, but I think I'll go with a Futurama theme, instead, and name it Poppler.)
Image Image
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

nanabobo567 wrote:I really, really hate to bump up topics, but D/P is just five days away for me, and I'm so excited I can't hold it in. Will I be the only one getting it at such a time?
I'm really excited, too! This week is going too slowly for me!

I preordered Pearl, by the way. xD
jessibean wrote:Omg, I'm BEYOND excited, so you are not alone xD FMD and I preordered our copies about a month ago, and we'll be going in Sunday morning to pick them up, along with our cute styluses :D

I'm so excited XD She's getting pearl, and I'm getting diamond. And AGH I told myself I'd never be addicted to Pokemon! Look what you all did to me!

(seriously, when I first joined the forums, I knew NOTHING of pokemon. NOTHING)
xD Congrats on getting addicted to Poke'mon. Soon, you'll be neglecting family, friends, and the computer alike when D/P come out!
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

Agh! Somehow I forgot...or something... that Pearl is pink! Stupid! I pre-ordered Diamond based solely on the legendary, too. Now I want the pink one.

The adorable styluses are a US-only thing, though. Boo. We got Pokemon bookmarks...
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Silverevilchao wrote: xD Congrats on getting addicted to Poke'mon. Soon, you'll be neglecting family, friends, and the computer alike when D/P come out!
I already did for Sapphire and Leaf Green when I played through those xD

Agh and Ty! None of us are getting the fire starter xD How are we supposed to trade for credit?! (It's okay, I come baring many gifts of Pokemon in like, a week and a half! I'm excited about that, too XD)
NyauNyau

Post by NyauNyau »

:O I GOT PEARL..or will rather. Ill be good to trade starters with anyone. Such is the plan to do at work, to trade till we have all three from the start. Probably trade over cheapy pokemon. x_@ ..does anyone know if it lets you trade Pokemon right from the start, from the older games?

I have all three of three of the starters from Fire Red , and I believe , the same for Sapphire. So, if anyone wants a Mudkip, Torchic, Treeko, Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle. Feel free to say so. Though, there might be a wait, Ill have to hatch them if I don't already have them.
Nothing To See Here
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Joey is getting Diamond. In my defense, Dragon/Steel is better then Dragon/Water, so I'd rather have Dialga. I'll end up getting both eventually anyway.

So this seems like a good a place as any to say that I want you all to join Team Rocket47. http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/tr47headquarters/ It's my Yahoo Group that I've had for years and have recently wanted to revive. So if you'd like to join, and I know you want to, don't worry about the membership approval. It's there to keep the spammers at bay and if you mention something about pokemon in the comment thing you should be fine.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I'm exicted about it too! I'm kicking myself for not pre-ordering it though. **kicks self** I'm going to be getting Diamond cause of the legondary on it too, not cause of colour or anything. Though I do plan to get pearl eventually. But to concerve money, one at a time. ^_^ I just hope they have some when I get to work. Curse me have to work late on this sunday or all sundays! All the other sundays they have me work early but noooo not the one where pokemon comes out! **grumbles** Maybe one of my friends in electronics can hold one for me.
My starter is so going to be the water. I mean really, a steal armored penguin...freaking awesome! This will be the first time I went with a water starter, all the other water starters never did it for me, I always went with fire. But I don't like this fire starter at all.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
NyauNyau

Post by NyauNyau »

If you order through the Toys R Us site, and use Google Checkout instead of the TRU one, and its the first time you use it, you get $10 off your first purchase. I did it for my game. So..:O It came out to 32.something instead of the 37+ it wouldve been. It takes the $10 before taxes and shipping
Nothing To See Here
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

A friend of mine who works in a game store hooked me up with both of the styluses a few weeks ago, so those are sitting on my shelf all pretteh like. :D

I haven't preordered, but I'm going up to Circuit City on Sunday morning (after calling them and doublechecking it's THERE, probably) because they're having a sale on them for $27.99. I'll try to pick up the guide, too.

I'm buying Diamond because I like Dialga better than Palkia, but if Pearl is all they have, then I'll be just as happy with it, too. With either one, a friend of mine said she would catch me as many of the opposite-game's pokemon for me as I want, to finish my Pokedex.

I also know someone who's going to be giving out shiny Eevees in a few weeks, so YAY! I can't decide if I want to keep the Eevee unevolved, or if I want to make a green Espeon or a blue & black Umbreon. Or even a magenta Vaporeon. Hmm. Decisions, decisions.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage