Pokemon D/P/Pt discussion

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Buttersauce

Pokemon D/P/Pt discussion

Post by Buttersauce »

I asked this same question over at the Serebii forums.

After realising that no one knew what I was talking about and due to an indirect fear of being pointed out ridiculed, I hope you guys can help. Does anyone know of a good place I can preorder Pokemon D/P? I must stress this part: my one and only choice of payment is Paypal. I only have money there for this. Oh, and what are my chances of getting the stylus bonus?
ImageImage
Friend Code:
3565-8412-4029
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

That does seem challenging, especially if you're restricted to paypal. I'm pretty sure that Gamestop and EBgames are the only places that come with the preorder stylus, but I could be wrong. Both of those don't take paypal, so that's not helpful.

I've searched around and I'm not finding anything.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Um. Buy someone's preorder on eBay?

It's a hard question.
Image Image
Keith

Post by Keith »

Gamespot and EBGames are the only places with the stylus.

If you PMed me all your information - I could go ahead and pre-order one for you. Then I'd give you my paypal, and you could just send me the total :)
Fish

Post by Fish »

Hopefully this isn't too off-topic, but...

-Glare-

I don't want a DS, but I want Pearl. Stupid Nintendo taking it off the only system that particular variety of the game has been on.
<B>highly</b>FLAMMABLE<I>animal</i>
<a href="http://subeta.org/userinfo.php?user=158800">See: Feezl</a>
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

That's what people said about the GBA games, because they weren't on Game Boy anymore. ^_~

The Nintendo handheld has always been their main system, not GB or GBC or GBA. Just "handheld." Also, they made games for N64 and Gamecube. And had already released some for the DS.
Image Image
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

I have a somewhat related question also: As someone who knows literally nothing about pokemon games, is there one in particular out of diamond and pearl that is better to get?

Or, what are the differences? (eg which different pokemon etc)
Keith

Post by Keith »

The basic RPG pokemon games (red/blue/yellow/gold/silver/etc) have been the same since the start.

You're a boy (or girl, with the choice more recently) and you're job is to catch all the pokemon. You fight an evil team (rocket/magma/aqua/etc) and eventually the elite four.

Each game has some upgraded features though, that make it worthwhile. The cute pokemon, attacks, etc.

I can't really go into depth about what is going to be different in this game and the others, it'll be in over-head 3D, which is an improvement for hte entire series. It'll have more capibilities, being on the DS.

Some things I KNOW will be in this game, and that will make it worth buying (for me, at least):

Wifi - The WiFi ability to battle up to 20 people at once, will be amazing. Complete with voice chat.
New Opponent - Team Galaxy
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

The games have a couple differences in Pokemon selection: http://serebii.net/diamondpearl/exclusives.shtml

Which is essentially the only difference between them. Story, gameplay, etc. are pretty much identical. (Well, note that I haven't played them myself, and have been avoiding spoilers. When the storyline differed for, say, Ruby and Sapphire, it was just which bad guys you were fighting and sometimes where; not a big difference in terms of the end result.) The last Pokemon on each list is the legendary one, the title Pokemon, which is the biggest difference. I want Diamond because Dialga is cooler. ^_~
Image Image
Keith

Post by Keith »

I was hoping they'd make the DS game the game that has all of the pokemon.

I'm hoping that in the next DS game (and I've heard rumors) that it will be the entire pokemon world.

The DS has extensive storage capibilities, and since the game isn't in full 3D (ala super mario 64) I think it could handle it. Imagine being able to travel through all the islands and be able to collect all 348597345 pokemon.

That would be a fun game.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Keith wrote:I was hoping they'd make the DS game the game that has all of the pokemon.

I'm hoping that in the next DS game (and I've heard rumors) that it will be the entire pokemon world.

The DS has extensive storage capibilities, and since the game isn't in full 3D (ala super mario 64) I think it could handle it. Imagine being able to travel through all the islands and be able to collect all 348597345 pokemon.

That would be a fun game.
Thing is, it DOES have all of the Poke'mon. With the exception of previous starters and legendaries, but, other than that, it literally has EVERYTHING.

http://serebii.net/diamondpearl/unobtainables.shtml

Not to mention, there's online trading, so...
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

But that is not, I believe, what Keith was saying--no single DS cartridge will be able to independantly collect all Pokemon. Which would be awesome but will never happen, because they like making money too much. ^_^
Image Image
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

AngharadTy wrote:But that is not, I believe, what Keith was saying--no single DS cartridge will be able to independantly collect all Pokemon. Which would be awesome but will never happen, because they like making money too much. ^_^
Exactly, it's why they make two games everytime. Like Red & Blue, Gold & Silver. You could only get all the Pokemon if you had all the games.

Sometimes you have to go to real life places to get them, which really sucks for people who are from England, I have never seen or heard of a Pokemon convention where you get Deoxys coming to England.

I want to get Diamond and Pearl, but I don't want a DS, I will have to check the prices of them.

When does D/P come out in the UK?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

It kind of sucks sometimes when you live in the U.S., too, the U.S. being ungainly and huge and conventions tending to be far away from where you are. ^_~

Umm. Gamefaqs says TBA for Europe, still, so I suppose that counts you. But they're slow to update and often crappy, so... they're just fast to check. ;P
Image Image
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

Thanks Ty ^_^ I reckon I'll go for Diamond seeing as it has the Dewgong *snugs it*

The current date doing the rounds for UK release is June x_x