Pokemon D/P/Pt discussion

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Iggy

Re: Pokemon D/P/Pt discussion

Post by Iggy »

Ty, I might just have the weirdest pokemon game ever, since I have two pokémon left to see in the Sinnoh Dex.

Rotom. This is normal, I skipped the TV thing and will do it tonight.

AND TENTACOOL. HOW DID I MANAGE TO SWIM AND SURF THAT MUCH WITHOUT SEEING ONE. I DUNNO.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

You can catch other legendaries with a quick ball right off the bat, too. Some of them. I don't remember which, though. XD
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Kari

Post by Kari »

Mine came in the mail today, and I've been playing since then. Just finished trading over my Dragon eggs and hatching them, now I'm levelling my level 1 babies.

At least my Gible is kinda capable already, since I bred Earthquake onto her. :)
derp
Susan

Post by Susan »

I think you can catch Cresselia with a quick ball too. D: I so didn't know that, just found out 5 minutes ago. I wasted my master ball on catching Cresselia. -Feels stupid- ;-;
meerca1234212 @ neopets Visions @ Subeta
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I clone master balls on Emerald for use in case of shiny. >.>
Image Image
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Caught all the runners with Ultra Balls, I think. At least, I got Moltres that way :)
Susan

Post by Susan »

Lucky. I googled that and apparently cloning things is only 100% safe in Emerald? I only have LeafGreen, Sapphire, and Diamond. Dx

With all this talk about Platinum, I'm really tempted to go out and buy it. x3 I had no idea it was released until I saw this thread.
meerca1234212 @ neopets Visions @ Subeta
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

I don't think it's 100% safe, even in Emerald.

I have a lot of cloned Master Balls though, so...

If anyone wants some, PM me. :U
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Yeah, Lindsey'll tell you its not 100% 'safe'. If you mess up the order, even SLIGHTLY - she saved one too many times - it'll delete some of the Pokemon you've moved around. She lost most of her battle tower Pokemon that way.

Granted, if you follow the steps correctly every time, it's -relatively- safe, but you still have to be a bit careful.

I am playing Platinum at a slow yet steady rate - beat the second gym leader, which -thrilled- me since now my stupid Pokemon listen to me again xD I live with the satisfaction of knowing that after the 4th gym, I pretty much have nothing to worry about; there's no way I'll get above 50 by the 6th gym or above 70 by the last xD My All-Blue team is working out awesomely thus far, especially my amazingly-bred Surskit, which I love xD

In my other happy news, a bunch of Ralts and Kirlia cards I bought on Ebay (...I'm a Kirlia fan, has that ever been mentioned?) came today :D So I am happy! And Joey's going to send me doubles of all the Ralts, Kirlia and Gardevoir cards she has! GLEE!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Why can't I find a pachirisu? Sheesh. I'm just gonna transfer one from Diamond. What the deuce, yo.

edit--haha, that made one appear. Win!
Image Image
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

I've gotten 4 badges so far. :D I think I'm about to get Fly after I beat up some Galactic goons, so that'll be handy.. *training a metang and spiritomb on her team this time around, but needs to train something with grass moves*
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I decided to play a little with the Battle Frontier last night.

Right now, my favorite (by far) is the Roulette/Arcade. It's very fun!
I like the Castle as well, but don't really care about the option to see my opponent's pokémon. Since I can't really change mine.

Oh well.
Kari

Post by Kari »

I've gotten three badges so far. Fantina was a bit tough, taking out 5/6 of my team, but I was also underleveled a bit. I found another good grinding spot above Solaceon Town, so I'll be getting to 30 before moving on. At least then more of my team will evolve!
derp
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I would like to take the time to say that I'm an idiot. 8D When I bought the game on Sunday, I also bought the phonebook-sized guide that goes with it. Well, since the only time I have to play is at school, I've been taking both my DS and guide to school with me. And then today I went and lost my guide. Damnit. I loved that guide. I'm going to scour the school tomorrow and hope that I find it (or maybe that my teacher saw it lying somewhere and hid it away for me). If not, I'm making and posting lost-puppy posters for it. :<

But I beat Gardenia, and I can't wait until my Psyduck evolves into Golduck in 10 more levels. I don't like Psyduck.
Kari

Post by Kari »

Ah...I have to do such a runaround to get a Dragon Scale for my Seadra. I have to go back into my Diamond game, catch a Banette with the Frisk ability (tells if a wild man has an item), teach it Thief, and go find wild Horsea/Seadra who have a 5% chance of holding the item, and steal it from them, then trade it to a friend so I can trade it to my Platinum and then trade my Seadra so it evolves.

*huffpuff* This game is trolling me.
derp