Pokemon D/P/Pt discussion

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
NyauNyau

Post by NyauNyau »

o_O its out on sunday, wth..so wierd

I wonder if the Circuit City here will have such a sale.
Nothing To See Here
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Yup yup, the 22nd. Been looking forward to this for awhile. **rubs hands together** And if the Circuit City around here has such a sale, that will mean Wal-Mart will match said price or have it a bit lower, yay! I wonder if my 10% discount will count or not. Oh well, don't care, as long as I get it I'm happy. **works on her Ruby for the time being**
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Haven't all the Pokemon games come out on Sundays, or something like that? Because Nintendo doesn't want kids skipping school.

And the sale at Circuit City should be nationwide. They're kind of low man on the totem pole when it comes to video game sales, so they have highly competitive prices for the first week of a game's release.
Image Image
NyauNyau

Post by NyauNyau »

Awesome. If thats the case, Im calling tommorow, just to be absolutley sure that the Circuit City here is doing it too. I don't want to wait for the game to ship..since it is a sunday.

And yea, I thought Nintendo followed the Tuesday release thing, which is what most games do.
Nothing To See Here
Alicorn

Post by Alicorn »

Well I know that whenever Wal-Mart got a shipment of Wiies (is that the right pural? ^_^" ) it was always on the weekend. Not sure about other games cause I never really paid attention. **looks sheepish**
NyauNyau

Post by NyauNyau »

AHH..so cant wait. Ill cancel my TRUthing , and get it at Circuit City. Unless someone REALLY wants the game, and doesnt mind I get it for them, provided I get paid back of course.

Anyway. AH..Im so taking all three of my Pokemon games plus the link cable when I go there on Sunday..x3 Not that expecting a lot of people there, I doubt it. Though the TRUMew thing was a rather good turn out. ..even if it had one ..creepy old man there. o_O'
Nothing To See Here
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

One thing I'm super irritated about with the whole "trading from GBA game to D/P" is that you have to have beaten the games (in the case of the GBA games) to transfer Pokemon to D/P. And you have to have the Sinnoh-dex completed.

I'm so bad about sticking to a game long enough to beat it. Sigh.

I guess I'm just going to hope that there's cheaters out there who want to give me all the superspecial Pokemon they've duped. XD
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
NyauNyau

Post by NyauNyau »

D: ..wtf, you CANT trade from the start then? That is, from GB-DP Thats so lame. : |

*Guilty of cheating too :x*
Nothing To See Here
Alicorn

Post by Alicorn »

I've heard about beating the D/P first before being able to trade with the GBA. But I wonder what is meant by beat. Does it mean you beat the elite four or does it mean you have to fill in the pokedex? Cause I never fill my pokedex. ^_^" I always just play, catch the pokemon I like and get them to high strength unless I get out of the mood of playing it before that. I go through mood swings when it comes to playing my games. ^_^"
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

AFAIK, you don't have to completely "beat" (ie, beat the Elite Four) D/P to transfer, but do have to have seen all 150 Sinnoh Pokemon to complete the Dex.

I have Gamer's ADD; I crack out on a game for a week or two, then put it down near the very end. I have serious problems with commitment when it comes to games. :P
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Anubimon

Post by Anubimon »

You have to have seen (not caught) every Pokemon in the Sinnoh Dex (except for Manaphy) in order to get the National Dex in DP.
The balls of evil are never safe from the steel-toed boot of JUSTICE!!!
Alicorn

Post by Alicorn »

Ooh alright, that's good to know. I can do that, I'm so much better at seeing pokemon then catching them. ^_^" Alright, must relay that info to my fiance and some of my friends who are getting the game too. Thanks for telling me!
Mayhem wrote:I have Gamer's ADD; I crack out on a game for a week or two, then put it down near the very end. I have serious problems with commitment when it comes to games.
Hehehe, I'm about the same way. I'll suddenly get in the mood to play a certain game, become totally addicted to it where I play it all the time. This can last from a few days to a few weeks. Then I suddenly won't want to play it anymore. Then I move to another game or sudden want to do something else. ^_^"
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

So would an American D/P work on a UK DS? -thinking about buying American D/P-
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

adi_gallia wrote:So would an American D/P work on a UK DS? -thinking about buying American D/P-
Sure would! All handheld systems are region-free (in fact, most video game systems in general are now) so an American D/P will work on a UK DS, you'll just have to put up with American spellings ;)
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Slightly off topic, but generally when things get regionalised to a European version, the English text is identical- our DS/GBA games just have extra languages on them. I'm pretty sure that's the case with Animal Crossing, which is fairly text-heavy, and Phoenix Wright. I'm not sure about other games, but it matters less in something like Mario Kart as there is much less text. So we still get American English spellings on our UK games.
Neopets wishlists: here