Pokemon D/P/Pt discussion

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

AngharadTy wrote:It kind of sucks sometimes when you live in the U.S., too, the U.S. being ungainly and huge and conventions tending to be far away from where you are. ^_~
At least the conventions are in the same country as you, you do have a much bigger country though. :P

Hmm, I think that those sorts of Pokemon are stupid, I really wanted a Jirachi, Mew or Deoxys but I have neither. I think Mew and Deoxys were event Pokemon and for Jirachi you needed a Gamecube game or something.

Aww, not June, my birthday is May 26th I almost had a potential birthday present there, ah well. I want D/P now, why is it on a handheld which I don't want? D=
Keith

Post by Keith »

I'd just really like a game that has all the lands.

I mean - they aren't making money on the old games anymore. So.

They should just put all of them into one game.
Crystal Firefly

Post by Crystal Firefly »

I'm pretty sure at least Mew was given out in some sort of convention/contest in the UK. I remember being annoyed that I missed it (not that I would have been able to go anyway)

I want to get Diamond (though Pearl has a better legendary) but I also do not have a DS. I guess I'll wait on it since outside of this and Phoenix Wright I don't really want one too much. Online battling looks like so much fun though. I've never had friends to battle against.

Some of the new Pokemon do look rather sloppy though...
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

I preordered at EB Games... must've been about two months ago. I just said I wanted to preorder Pokémon Diamond, and it happened. I haven't gone back to ask about the stylus yet, though. As for your situation... No idea. I'm not patient enough to wait. I really hate all these "event-only" Pokémon. The only Pokémon not from the fourth generation I don't have are Deoxys and Ho-Oh, and I'm procrast- er, working on Ho-Oh right now. Yes, I even have Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi. I had to go to events to get them. It's okay, though, because now I'm addicted to that sort of thing, so Sheimi, Darkrai, and Manaphy/Phione shouldn't be a problem. So... I heard with online battling you can actually talk to people while doing so, using the DS mic. On the Lite it's on the hinge, on the regular it's on the bottom edge. If it's ture, it's probably a pretty crappy reception online anyways. Either way, I'll keep others in mind.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

I wouldn't hate Event Poke'mon so much if the events would come to freaking Las Vegas. The only one that came over here was the Mew promotion in September.

Plus, I bet I'll have a hard time going to them when I move to Grand Forks in North Dakota.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

*coughs*

The only event Pokemon I ever got was Mew, and I'm still gleeful about that. Not so much about the incessant screeching and whistleblowing of the kids at the store, but it was still worth it. I haven't trained mine, except to give it... whichever statboosting things, I forget which do what. I might release it into Diamond, when I get that.
Image Image
Keith

Post by Keith »

I'm going to be honest.

I cheated. I cheated in every game. To get a mew.

:(
Anubimon

Post by Anubimon »

I got a Mew at the Toys R Us event from a few months ago... But I haven't actually used it yet. I couldn't decide whether to train it in my Leaf Green game or just transfer it over to D/P when I get one of those... And since my interest in LG faded before I decided, I guess I'll just transfer it over.
I'm excited... Although I hear D/P can get kinda boring. =/ Does anyone know what starter they're picking? I'm going for the fire one, since fire is awesome and there are like... no other fires in the game at all. >> I do love the water starter too, though.
The balls of evil are never safe from the steel-toed boot of JUSTICE!!!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

All Pokemon games can get "kinda boring." They're all the same, hee. Train train train! Train more. Train some more!

I hate the fire starter because I hate monkeys. Which sucks because I always pick fire first. So, water for me.
Image Image
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I got mew from the Toys R Us thing too. I totally forget which game though. The event kind of came while I wasn't too interested in training. I also got one of those tickets that let you get lati@s in the opposite version. Not that it did me that much good. *shrug*

I'll probably start with the water type as well. I tend to go for fire first, but I'm not that picky, and I like penguins better then monkeys. I like the fire's evolutions though.
Vertalus

Post by Vertalus »

I live up in NH so I rarely saw the Pokemon events at all.

I'll get Diamond when come out but I noticed some of the new Pokemon are pretty ugly.(My opinion) I wish there was an evolution to Marowak or a pre-evolution to Cubone.

I also have to admit I cheated to get the 'promotion' only Pokemon such as Mew and others.
sureq

Post by sureq »

I used the trainer glitch in the days of red/blue to get mew.

I'm so getting Diamond! How will I transfer all my pokemon from Emerald? Through the DS?
ImageImage
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

Hmm... I'll be starting with the grass or water starter. I hate monkeys so much. D: And just think, the fire one could have an attack where he throws his own flaming poo(yes, I know it doesn't, but it could). -shudders-

The transfer thing's a little wierd. :P You can move 6 pokemon a day, and they appear in a park where you need to catch them again. The special pokeballs have a 100% catch rate, so you just need to find them. They keep their stats, level, shiny, etc. But yeah, you move them through the DS.

And my brother has a AR, so I'm pretty sure I'll be cheating to get the unobtainable legendaries. ...I haven't had a Mew since R/B/Y. ._.;
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I'm probably going to use the grass starter. I'm a little miffed that the fire starter is fire/fighting -again-. That was so much fun in Blaziken, but geez, don't overdo it ;_;

Is that how you transfer? BAH! Oh well, I have like, 20 baby raltses ready to go over, I just have to pick which one XD

I... don't see the point in cheating to get legendary pokemon ;_; It takes out the fun. For example, I'm driving 4 hours just to get a Jirachi from Ty. SEE?! That's fun xD
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

I'll probably start out with the Penguin. I like penguins, and water/steel seems like an interesting typo combo to me. Maybe I'll make an attempt to get the flaming monkey later, but... eh. Like Jessi said, geez, the other starters get different combos from before, why keep the fire/fighting? Even if it is a really good combination. Yarsh.
<3