Pokemon D/P/Pt discussion

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Anubimon

Post by Anubimon »

sureq wrote:I'm so getting Diamond! How will I transfer all my pokemon from Emerald? Through the DS?
In addition to what the others said... Once you transfer the Pokemon to D/P, you can't send them back to the game they came from. So choose who you're gonna send wisely.
The balls of evil are never safe from the steel-toed boot of JUSTICE!!!
Buttersauce

Post by Buttersauce »

Holy 'Karp, I've never had a thread here get this long. XD

I just found that Barnes & Noble has it....sort of via Gamestop. But they won't let you take pre-order. What the butt. Toys R' Us has it, but they til their "release date" of the 29th(that's not the release date you twits). Someone mentioned that they'd order one for me. Eh, I can't do that. :( I think I might get it from Toys R' Us. I'm still looking guys....

Heh, I just realised I have a male, Modest Hypno. Now all I need is a copy of Emerald and I'll really be on a roll. :D
ImageImage
Friend Code:
3565-8412-4029
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Did you try eBay? People do sell preorders sometimes. And sometimes they sell their preorder bonus items, too.
Image Image
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

When the released the titles I was totally gonna get Pearl dispite me always getting the "first" of the pairs.. then I saw Diamond's Legendary (Dialga?) and now Murkrow being exclusive has totally tipped the balance.

Nintendo events happen surprisingly often around here.. and I'm no longer embarresed to go to the Pokémon ones.. I think getting the event Pokémon will be much easier with Wifi trading; some people will do anything for shiny Pokémon and there was that glitch in the original release where you could get Shemi and Darkrai.. who knows they might even make them avaliable through Battle Revolution. *waits patiently for Ranger*
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Hehe, being too old for Pokémon... Y'know, at the Pokémon Across America thing, my parents had been bugging me about being too old for Pokémon "Parties", as they called it, and then we went in. Some... Must've been fourty year old guy in line for Celebi noticed I had my wireless adapter on my Gameboy and asked me if I wanted a battle. I don't think they'll talk about that again.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Buttersauce

Post by Buttersauce »

AngharadTy wrote:Did you try eBay? People do sell preorders sometimes. And sometimes they sell their preorder bonus items, too.
Ah, you know what? I just may try for the stylus and the game. Plus I might want a skin for my DS as well. Thankies. :D

*checks* Well well well, they do have it. It's just people in question are...suspicously new. :shock:
ImageImage
Friend Code:
3565-8412-4029
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

Since this is the D/P thread, I had a thought...

What do you think the chances are for Nintendo to have/add a feature that lets them hand out bonus items via wifi, ala Animal Crossing: Wild World style?

I doubt it, but maybe it could be a possibility for future Pokemon titles. It'd be super if they gave out a rare pokemon or item (like a Master Ball or something) over wifi. :D

/geek.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Considering they still haven't given out any Mario items over Wifi for AC, and this week they gave an "Exotic Chair", chances are they wouldn't give anything good if they did have such for Pokémon. They might give out another Drowzee with Sweet Scent, or maybe a hard-to-find Mystic Water, but I doubt they'd give out Light Balls and Shaymins.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

The japanese versions of d/p have a non game destroying glitch in which allows you to catch the promotional pokemons, or whatever the hell the plural is. So, in theory, you could trade from a japanese pearl to an english diamond and get yourself some exclusives.
In theory.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

nanabobo567 wrote:Considering they still haven't given out any Mario items over Wifi for AC, and this week they gave an "Exotic Chair", chances are they wouldn't give anything good if they did have such for Pokémon. They might give out another Drowzee with Sweet Scent, or maybe a hard-to-find Mystic Water, but I doubt they'd give out Light Balls and Shaymins.
Personally, it would be awesome if they gave the promotional Poke'mon away via online Wi-Fi like they did with Manafi and Ranger. Because not everyone lives in a city they're promoting at. I was lucky to get a freaking Mew in the September promotion - none of the other ones ever came here.
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

Or you could just cut out the middle man and buy an action replay.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

You could, but cheating feels like cheating to me. Then again, is it cheating when you aren't given any other option? Or when the option you are given is unavailable? After all, it's one thing to AR yourself thousands of Master Balls, it's another to make a Pokémon you can't get any other way.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Spivsy wrote:The japanese versions of d/p have a non game destroying glitch in which allows you to catch the promotional pokemons, or whatever the hell the plural is. So, in theory, you could trade from a japanese pearl to an english diamond and get yourself some exclusives.
In theory.
Actually, it does have some chance of destroying your game. I dunno what the percentage is, but it's been reported. Take it with a grain of salt, I suppose; it is, after all, coming from the online Pokemon community. ^_~
Image Image
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

AngharadTy wrote:
Spivsy wrote:The japanese versions of d/p have a non game destroying glitch in which allows you to catch the promotional pokemons, or whatever the hell the plural is. So, in theory, you could trade from a japanese pearl to an english diamond and get yourself some exclusives.
In theory.
Actually, it does have some chance of destroying your game. I dunno what the percentage is, but it's been reported. Take it with a grain of salt, I suppose; it is, after all, coming from the online Pokemon community. ^_~
There was also a rumor going about on Serebii that newer versions of the Japanese game do NOT have the easily exploitable glitch in them.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

It destroys your game if you don't end up following the directions exactly. One step too far and you'll end up in no-man's-land.