Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) - Three new characters!

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) - Three new characters!

Post by Silverevilchao »

Trio of Nintendo Characters Announced for Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Article wrote:Samus Aran's greatest rival will be joining the Super Smash Brothers Brawl roster, as well as pint-sized versions of Mario's most formidable foe and Hyrule's Hero of Time.

SSBB director Masashiro Sakurai made the announcement via Japanese radio program "The Gaming Show" that Metroid mega-boss Ridley, Bowser Jr. and the Wind Waker version of Link have been added as new members to the Super Smash Brothers Brawl combatant list. The newly added triad join the other first-timers making an appearance in the Nintendo brawler-- Metal Gear Solid hero Solid Snake, Meta Knight, Wario, and Zero Suit Samus.

Getting the boot with this iteration of the Super Smash Brothers series are Young Link, the Ice Climbers, and Mr. Game and Watch. Sakurai expects a roster of 40 characters to fill the game, with other non-Nintendo characters joining the fray still a possibility.
Article ish here

You read it right. You can play as F***ING RIDLEY!!!!

In other news, Young Link was a useless clone character in my eyes, so I'm happy he's gone, and Game and Watch didn't do it for me.

But...but...ICE CLIMBERS?!

They were all sorts of awesome, and didn't have or were clones. Too bad they're gone. :( *continues wishing for Sonic in SSBB*
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Ridley? pwn. :o I hope that article is true.. I'll be sad if Mr. G&W is gone though, he was amusing.

The official Smash Bros. Site doesn't list them, though, so I don't fully believe it yet.
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

I love Baby Bowser, so this pleases me. Hopefully he'll have lots of neat paintbrush attacks.

I don't understand the point of taking out Young Link but adding Wind Waker Link. If they wanted a Wind Waker character, why not add someone different like Medli or Tetra? I mean really, what will he be able to do that's different from regular Link? Eye-gouge with the Windwaker? Bore other characters to death by sailing until the end of time?

The Ice Climbers were cute, but a good choice to take out. Game and Watch was damn useless.

I'm still holding out for more Kirby characters.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

More Kirby characters would be nice.. I'd wanna see one of the more popular enemies (like Waddle Dee), or King Dedede.. Or Dark Matter somehow.
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

Like Topher said, Baby Bowser.. awesome!

I kind of like the idea of WW Link replacing Young Link.. with the new TP Link in already it's kind fo like the next generation of Zelda (replacing the two.. but y'know one) N64 Links. He can like.. blow people away! ¬_¬;

Ridley?! That's freaking amazing! It's good the.. I dunno, game groups(?) are getting a bit more even.

I'd really love to see Midna in this, and Dry Bones.. the list goes on and on.

I wouldn't mind Sonic in it if Shadow etc weren't there.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Obviously I love Ridley. So yay!

But Mr Game & Watch? Man, he's classic! Bacon!
Image Image
Anubimon

Post by Anubimon »

Grah, Baby Bowser? I don't like him at all. x.x I hope he's not just a Bowser clone.
Wind Waker Link? Eh... Wish there was a different character in this place. Hopefully he won't be just a clone either.
But Ridley? omgyay!
Though rumors of those three being in the game and the three being outed have been going around the internet for a looong time... I guess it's finally official now? I can't wait for Brawl, regardless. I really hope they can include online play, or else I will be sad.
The balls of evil are never safe from the steel-toed boot of JUSTICE!!!
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

WTF??? The Ice Climbers and Mr. G&W were two (three?) of my favorite characters in Melee. Maybe not to play with (though I was pretty awesome with the IC's) but I loved the fact that Nintendo actually put in such really obscure one-shot characters from the NES era, and was hoping to actually see more characters like them in Brawl. And now they're just... gone? Like that?

NOT AMUSED. >:C If they even think about taking Ness out because he's not well-known enough, I WILL HURT SOMEONE. BADLY. Oh well. I'll doubt they'll do that anyway, since I don't really see them removing a character considering he was part of the original SSB lineup and all.

Ahem, yes. Ridley = AWESOME, and I pretty much knew WW Link would be in there somewhere. Bowser Jr, though? Bleh. Never liked the character much, but then again I'm mostly just bitter that they pretty much killed off the ORIGINAL Koopa Kids in favor of some boring Mini-Me version of Bowser. >> Hopefully he'll at least have some unique attacks (involving the paintbrush from Sunshine, most likely) rather than just being a Bowser clone.
immortal_janemba

Post by immortal_janemba »

Mr Game and Watch was my fave, I am deeply saddened on the confirmation of his kicking. Ice Climbers were classic too although not as classic, but they were quite popular. I coulndn't care less about young link but to see that windwaker link got in over Mr GaW and Ice Climbers I don't see much of the logic.
ImageImage
ChibiDragon86

Post by ChibiDragon86 »

I'm sorry to be the bringer of bad news but this has been a rumor floating the internet for quite some time since the very first Brawl Trailer was annouced.

If you check out game faqs users have put warnings if you hear the baby bowser, ridely, young link rumor it's false.
D. Baby Bowser, Ridley, and Cel-Shaded Link: A rumor had started some time ago that there had been an interview with Sakurai, in which he stated that Baby Bowser, Ridley, and Cel-Shaded Link were going to be in the game. It also mentioned a couple of characters that were going to be removed. This was completely false. As far as I know, one of the users here on GameFAQs started the rumor here and on another site or something, and then it just took off like mad, with random gaming sites posting the rumor. Tons of people believed it, and it caused a lot of strife until it was finally resolved. However, this does not eliminate the chance that either Baby Bowser, Ridley, or Cel-Shaded Link might be in SSBB.
And you can read the clip here
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmes ... c=29028085

~ Chibi
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

SHIT! Not fair.

But, damn it, it linked to the official French Wii site. :| And the Sega forums found the article...
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

aww, shame not a surprise though. Like Aqua said, I wasn't going to fully believe till I heard it from the official site.