Pokemon D/P Trading (And Battling?) Thread

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Pillow

Re: Pokemon D/P Trading (And Battling?) Thread

Post by Pillow »

Oh man. You Americans are so lucky. >.<

Why can't they come up north for once? T.T We have people who play Pokemon too....
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

The nearest TRU is about twenty minutes away from here, but you'd better believe I'm going to drive all the way out there for a little pixel hedgehog-thing. XD Yay, (official) Shaymin!
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

K, so apparently this information was leaked, and everything referencing it has been taken down. I don't think this means that the event is off though, but I'll keep everyone updated :D
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Thanks Joeyyyy! You are a good news source. ;D
Image Image
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

As soon as I get my WiFi working properly, I'll give you my infos. =( Right now, my Wi-Fi sucks a large amount of butt =(

Watch for update about my friend code and yadada.

(You suck, error 52100)

EDIT: And now, it works!
Last edited by Iggy on 27 Jan 2009 01:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Another TRU event! According to this, on March 8-21 they're giving away a special lvl100 Regigigas, that will unlock secret locations in Platinum where you can catch the other Regis (a normal Regigigas from D/P won't work).
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

http://www.pokemon.com/#news_/XML/news_345.xml

And it looks like Shaymin's back on :D The event will be February 8th through the 14th.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

Just a quick double post update to let everyone know that Shaymins are available now! Just got em on both my versions. You can also get a $5 off coupon for another pokemon game, I'm probably gonna save mine for Platinum. Or splurge on Ranger finally, I dunno. I don't know if this is everywhere, but I also got a nifty poster for the 11th movie, which is going to be premiering on Cartoon Network this weekend.

In other pokemon news, Viz is going to start rereleasing the Pokemon Adventures manga in June. I recommend it, it follows the game's story much more closely then the anime and it's a really fun story. I also want it to hopefully sell well enough that Viz will finally release volumes 8+ :D

This has been your one and only Joey's Pokemon Action News! Back to you in the studio!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I hate Ranger. I stopped playing it. It hurts sooooo much. The novelty wore off almost instantly. ;P

I was gonna try to get Shaymin today, but I'm too tired. Sigh.
Image Image
Kari

Post by Kari »

I like the first Ranger, it got hard near the end, but it was enjoyable. I haven't gotten too far in the second one, but I did download those optional missions before they disappeared.

I also got a Shaymin! I was lucky since I went with my friend to the mall yesterday, and there was a TRU across the street. IVs aren't anything special, but I was resetting for an hour to get a decent one...
derp
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I was telling Joey on MSN that maybe I have a skewed experience with Ranger, because I have recurring tendonitis anyway. =\ But, even apart from the mechanics (oh god my hand, why so many circles), it was just too repetitive. Then again, I adore Mystery Dungeon, and I know people claim that those are repetitive. Hehe.
Image Image
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

(http://www.mangafox.com/page/manga/seri ... dventures/ for your Pokemon Adventure needs) Though I highly suggest people buy it..:3 the more support the better.

I got Shaymins, two on my CycloDS, so I can clone them, eventually. I didnt bother with the poster or the coupon, didnt seem like they had any.
Image Image
ImageImage
WisteriaLynx
Human Avatar: 319191

Post by WisteriaLynx »

Does anyone know if the TRU Shaymins are nature-rigged, or you can reset to get a decent nature? And also how far along in the game do you have to be to get one? *just got a used Diamond to trade with herself xD *
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Though I haven't received them yet, my boyfriend says he got me a mild and modest natured shaymin.. So they probably aren't rigged.

And you can get them anytime. *can't receive them because boyfriend is at the beginning of his game after resetting it* XD
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

We're going to get our Shaymins Thursday :D Am very excited about this.

I'm actually posting, however, with some sad news on behalf of FMD. It's a long story, but Lindsey accidentally threw out her copy of Pearl - yeah, as in, in the trash. Obviously it's long gone now.

We're buying her a new copy of it probably later today, and Joey and I are helping her fix up her Pokedex again, but if anyone has any extra Pokemon, especially legendaries (ones that they can clone from old games or whatever), I know she'd really appreciate it!