Pokemon D/P Trading (And Battling?) Thread

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Anubimon

Post by Anubimon »

You just need to learn to apprecate a manly Pokemon.
... The thought of a Machamp being female is kinda frighting, actually.
The balls of evil are never safe from the steel-toed boot of JUSTICE!!!
EarwenAncalime

Post by EarwenAncalime »

1) Pearl
2) I have Ruby/Saphire/LeafGreen/Emerald - Willing to Breed.
3) TBA
4) All and Any
5) Same as 4
6) I'll see as I go along. Sorry there isn't a lot of info, I only got mine and I only got to start it...
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

I'm looking for a few specific pokemon and/or items. :3 Eggs are fine.

Squirtle
Chikorita
Torchic
Trecko
Dratini
Bagon
Slowpoke
Pinsir
Misdreavus
Houndour/Houndoom
Stantler
Spheal
Shieldon

Water Stone
Fire Stone
Heart Scales

In return, I have the ability to give you an egg of one of the the following pokemon:

Bulbasaur
Charmander
Totodile
Cyndaquil
Mudkip
Glameow (Pearl exclusive)
Beldum
Slugma (Ability cuts hatching-time in half)
Eevee
Croagunk
Gible
Scyther
Duskull
Sharpedo

OR - I have a legit Deoxys that I can swap back and forth, if you have the National Dex, so you can register it.

PM me if you're interested!

Sammy / 1074 7204 0369
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

-has a female Machoke on Ruby-

*innocent face* I just caught the first Machop I could find to get me through...Norman I think it was. :P

Oh and I have a male Medicham as well, a Pokemon I think of as female. xD
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

rofl, poor Ty XD *pets* My first ever shiny pokemon was a Golbat, so... I vaguely know your feelings D:
<3
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Crobat is fairly nice, but wow, the Zubat line just doesn't look good shiny!
Image Image
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Have I told the late night shiny Goldeen story?
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Joey wrote:Have I told the late night shiny Goldeen story?
I haven't heard you tell it, but I think from what you said I can tell what's gonna happen. But do tell. :P
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

K so it's the middle of the night and I'm sitting in my room playing Gold. And as I'm half asleep all of a sudden this shiny Goldeen shows up. And it confused the heck out of me, because I was half asleep and wasn't sure if it had shined or not. I didn't even know what the shine was since this was my first shiny. So I'm staring at it trying to figure out of all goldeens are that colour. So I decide to catch it anyway after debating whether I was crazy or not for 10 minutes.

The catch of the story is that a few weeks later I caught a second shiny Goldeen in the same game.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Haha I figured that it'd be something to do with the shiny Goldeen being a very weak looking shiny, I can barely tell the difference either. At least you not only caught it, but caught another! I don't think I'd ever see a shiny, let alone catch it. If I did see one I would probably have no Pokeballs.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

So my girlfriend was supposed to come over to my house today because I was going to go take her to a movie. She lives about 20 minutes away, and the movie we were supposed to see was supposed to start in 40 minutes. I figured, "Cool, I'll just play Pokemon while I wait."

So I was playing Pokemon Ruby, and having a pretty damn good time. Anyway, she finally showed up, except she was crying as she walks into my room. Instead of doing the right thing by comforting her, I half-focused on my game and her. She started telling me her cat died, and just as she was getting into it, I got into a random encounter in my game.

A shiny Pidgey (which has a 1/8192 chance of appearing). Holy ****. I stared into my screen in amazement and yelled "Holy crap, YES", interrupting her mid-story. She sobbed more and started to scream "You don't even ****ing care! YOU JUST WANT TO PLAY YOUR ****ING GAME!" I was still looking at my screen, focusing on catching my shiny Pidgey, when she walked over, and tossed the game against the wall. I ran over and picked up my DS, hoping that nothing had changed on screen. It turned out she broke my DS. My system and my Shiny Pidgey, gone forever.

I exploded, using every obscenity I knew, and started flailing my arms around. I didn't know she was behind me, and apparently I back-handed her in the face while I was swinging my fists around. She yelled out "SCREW YOU", and ran out of my house in tears.

So do you think I can turn in my DS and Pokemon Ruby if I still have the receipts?
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Now I feel real dumb for asking this (thinking I should know this ^_^") but what is a shiny pokemon? I gather it's a different colour from others but is there anything else different? And how does one come by one?

I shall fill out the little form once I get more into the game...I'm still not that far in it, only past the 2nd gym. ^_^"
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Anubimon

Post by Anubimon »

Alicorn wrote:Now I feel real dumb for asking this (thinking I should know this ^_^") but what is a shiny pokemon? I gather it's a different colour from others but is there anything else different? And how does one come by one?

I shall fill out the little form once I get more into the game...I'm still not that far in it, only past the 2nd gym. ^_^"
A shiny Pokemon is a different colored variant of a Pokemon. There's like a 1 in 8000 chance of encountering one. Otherwise, there's no difference in stats or anything.
And Mayhem, haha. I do love that story. Always brings the lol's.
Should we take some of this to the D/P discussion thread, or will this thread just become a general thread?
The balls of evil are never safe from the steel-toed boot of JUSTICE!!!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Just a different color. And they appear in the wild, if you're really, really lucky--like Mayhem said, it's a 1 in 8192 chance. You can see the shinies in visual pokedexes, usually, like Serebii's.

Edit: ninja'd, but hey, I have a link. ^_~

We could probably benefit from having this kind of discussion on the discussion thread. This one is for trading/battling/wifi-ness. Good call.
Image Image
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

So sorry for the off topicness. :oops: But thank you so much for the answer. Now I"m not so confused. ^_^" No more offtopicness from me, I swear. To make up for it here, here's the answers to the questions.

1) Diamond
2) Ruby and I wouldn't mind breeding, once I get the hang of it
3) None yet, will update once i Have one
4) Once I'm able to trade and have pokemon to trade, I shall put here
5) Same as above
6) Evee is my number one I want, as for others I'm not sure yet, I shall update later.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel