Ebay Help: Pokemon cards

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Ebay Help: Pokemon cards

Post by Huggles »

I have about 100-120 Pokemon cards that I'd like to sell. They were given to me many moons ago by my uncle for the sole purpose of collecting. I've got some Star Wars, X-Men, Wheel of Time, and random sports cards too. I was able to find a buyer for the 1k or so Magic cards I have fairly easily, but I haven't a clue where to go for the rest. Since I don't have all that many, I'd be content with a price guide and shoving them on ebay or something, but again I have no clue as to where to even look. I couldn't even tell you what kind of cards they were, except that they have different colored backgrounds and a couple of them are shiny. Oh, and I've also found another stack of Pokemon cards, only they aren't from the game. Help?
Last edited by Huggles on 28 May 2007 08:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

http://www.pojo.com/priceguide/prices.html for pokemon card pricing. It might help if you know which set which cards are from, though. I'm pretty sure Pojo doesn't use images that often and you could be there for about half an hour looking up a single card. o.0
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

Wow, Pojo. I remember when that place just had pages on pokémon, digimon and dragonball. Pojo was the reason I ended up in this place, they had adverts for neopets.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Well, looked through them and most of them seem to be from Fossil. I'm guessing the rest are from one of the base sets. It would help with my confidence if most of the sites weren't designed in 1999. It turns out I have more WoT than I do Magic, and their sites seem especially crappy. I think I might sell the pokemon cards on ebay, then maybe brave the depths of geekdom and try to find a comic book store that will take the rest.

Unless, of course, anyone here wants them?
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I'm bumping this because I'm broke. Anyway, I finally got around to creating a spreadsheet of all my Pokemon cards in Google and checked the price guides at Pojo. I sold my magic cards for $90, and am impatiently waiting for my check to arrive; it's been a week. I have around $50 worth, max, but the prices on Ebay are wildly different. I've only ever purchased something from Ebay once, even with Paypal I didn't get my $50 back when they failed to deliver the item, and I've never sold anything there. There are tons of lots up with 0 bids. The ones with bids are for as little as 2 or 3 dollars for the same amount and kind of cards. So, are they really that worthless or is this just how weird things are? I suppose I could just put them up and see for myself, but I don't want to waste anymore time by packaging them and calculating shipping if I don't need to do so.
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

I guess it's easier to make good profit in a convention or tournament, where real players and collectors (those who are eager to pay anything for what they need) can be found.
Ebay is full of people who just want to get rid fast of old stuff that is taking space and can't care to look for how much those cards are really worth and for people who would pay it.
It's the paradise of resellers.
If you know anyone into card games, rpgs or related things and that goes to where the card game fans gather I'd say ask this person to find buyers for you.