World Of Warcraft: Worth it to Subscribe?

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Bacon

World Of Warcraft: Worth it to Subscribe?

Post by Bacon »

I'm thinking of subscribing to WoW, but I don't know if it's worth it. It's a fun game, but I'm still not sure! What do you all think?
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I still believe I, and a few other people, have some free trial time to give away. You'd still have to sign up with some sort of payment, I think, but you won't be charged if you cancel/quit before your trial ends. I'll have to look later. There's really no better way than to judge for yourself. Right now, I'm not subscribing because I need the money, but I always thought it was extremely fun. The only other reason I stop is because I can't find people to play with.
Veo

Post by Veo »

I go to a really nerdy college, and after awhile, from what I've seen on three different accounts, it gets old after a while.

Just what I've seen, that's all. *sheepish*
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

The big problem with WoW is that you'll have to throw away EVERYTHING to progress in that game - you dedicate so much time and get so little done in the game.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Well, again, that's never been an issue for me. I could spend all day running around naked as long as I had someone else to talk to. If your only goal is to get to level 60 or 70 and obtain whatever ultimate weapons or amor there are as soon as possible, then it's probably not going to be fun at all.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

In my experience it's like Maple Story 2.0. Better graphics, 3D, More Adult, and more intense. If you enjoy Maple but want something that is even more addictive go for it. If not stick with Maple Story because it's free.
Image Image Image
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

I'm a pretty avid WoW player myself and do recommend the game. I though, am like Huggles. It's the people that keep me playing. I've only added 8 levels out of the possible 10 to my level 60 character and the game has been out how long? I spend most of my time just enjoying the company of my guild and being goofy. RP servers are great for that, not that I knew what I was signing up on when I first started. I just picked a random server name that I had heard a friend mention before. ;p

So, like Veo and Silver there said, it can get old and you can devote too much time to it and only care about what gear and levels you can obtain. Me, I spend really very little time on there actively doing anything and yet still progress at a nice pace when I get it in my mind to do so. It's just a matter of having a good group of people to work with/asks questions and those people are going to be what keeps you coming back to WoW in my opinion, not the content after a while.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Xulael

Post by Xulael »

I'm a WoW addict, whenever my pocket allows. Played since before release (yay, testing~), but never for more than two-three months at once. My main is on Alliance side, Emerald Dream. RP-PvP for the win. Despite having a lvl70, I tend to favor wandering around the world and doing random things as they appeal to me, rather than being "OMG RAIDING OMG PVP FOR BETTER GEAR", etc.

I recommend the game, but it's not for everyone. As already said, try out a trial account before you buy. o:
[ X goes by Xulael on most sites ]
Keith

Post by Keith »

I noticed your MapleStory signature, and figured I'd relate it to that.

Maplestory is a waste of time, compared to WoW. It takes me about three weeks of hardcore training to get a WoW character (alliance) to lvl60+. It took me a couple of months to do that with a Maplestory character.

I agree with everyone else,I just like running around with my characters and having fun.
sureq

Post by sureq »

FOR THE HORDE!!!!

Yeah, this is my new neopets. I usually only play with with friends I know in real life, so we all play together and have fun cursing allience when sculled characters kill us in the middle of quests.

My friend who conned us all into it has about 3 level 70 characters and just finds doing arenas fun enough without the need for rewards so...

I say it's worth it. And if you pay via game cards I guess it's easier to take breaks from it when life intrudes or you just wanna do something else.
ImageImage
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

If you're gonna call yourself a gamer, you have to try WoW at least once. Them's the rules of the internet. Free trials are handy, and they don't limit your character all that much (you can't use mail, I think, nor can you trade with paying players, etc.). WoW tends to have something for everybody. I love playing as a hunter because you can train a few pets, and I loveses pets. My troll hunter has a wonderful and fairly rare scorpion.

However, I personally probably won't play anymore, because I can't justify the cost for what is overall a fairly mediocre game. The community is a strong point, to many, but I hate interacting with most other gamers, so it's not a point that matters to me. The game itself does have everything. But it doesn't excel notably in any single area. At least, to me. I just mean this as an opinion based on my own tastes. Obviously, many people are helplessly addicted. And it is fun, but if I want a game that's just fun but doesn't stand out in stellar ways, there's any number of poorly translated, free Korean games I could try. Can't beat free. ^_~
Image Image
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

*cough*

Image Image
sureq

Post by sureq »

Mistress Morbid wrote:*cough*
Sexes you.

Also, I want that top.
ImageImage
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

...am I the only one that plays alliance here? I wanted a druid for shapeshifting and well...female taurens' legs freak me out, so I had no choice but nightelf or be a male tauren. I mean, sure I do horde on other servers, but I'm primarily alliance.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

My main is actually a night elf. But that was solely because my friends were already established as alliance and I had to fit in with them, and night elves are much hotter than the other alliance races, uck. ;P By preference, I'd be undead--too bad they can't be hunters.
Image Image