Super Smash Brothers Brawl Website!

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl Website!

Post by Joey »

Finally beat SSE, I was really slow at it and I kept leaving the system on so I have something like 130 hours on the file. I enjoyed it greatly, all the cut scenes were great. My favorites being
Spoiler: open/close
Shiek, Fox and the Tea, and Lucario picking up Snake's box.
All I have left to unlock is Jigglypuff. Toon Link was a pain in the ass, took me like 4 times.

Wolf is definitely a favorite of mine, I love playing him better then Fox or Falco. Pit's also grown on my a lot, I like using him. Marth, PT, and Lucario are also all great. I must play more tomorrow.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I was away when my brother got the game, so when I came back, he'd been playing it for a week straight, had unlocked every character and completed all of the one-player events and most of the challenges... and can easily kick my ass anytime we play (although he would have been able to do that anyway -- he was great at Melee, and I never really played it). However, last night we completed all of the co-op events, which was a lot of fun (especially event 21). I like Pikachu, who was always my go-to character in the N64 version. I also really like Bowser now, though, and I'm good with Lucario. I'm decent with Peach and the Pokemon Trainer.
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

The absolute best cutscene in SSE is when
Captain Falcon first shows up and accidentally wipes out Olimar's ENTIRE PIKMIN ARMY without even noticing.
I laughed SO hard at that. XD

I've played around with the unlockable characters a bit more, and I'd have to say that right now Lucario and Lucas are tied for my favorite newcomers, though I still find myself using Yoshi, Ness and Pikachu (always my best characters in the older games) a lot too. I hate that they screwed up Mario so much though, I'm terrible with him now. Luigi still rocks though. :D (and has the funniest final smash ever)

Ugh, it took me like four tries each to get Toon Link and Wolf, too. I think that's mostly because of the annoying stages you fight them on though...
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Okay, I don't own the game yet, but I've been reading the thread, and now I'm braving the thread to ask a question: can someone tell me if the game lets you switch the language to Japanese, like SSBM did? Linds and I only play SSBM in Japanese, so it'd be really weird to have to play SSBB in English.

..Now someone locate me a Wii ;_;
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Saturn while that was one of my favorites, I have to say that the best was
when Peach, Sheik and Fox had tea on the top of the Halberd.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I must say my favorite cut scenes were..
The one where sheik and fox are drinking tea with peach, that one made me giggle. I also enjoyed the one where metaknight runs into lucario and they fight. As well the clip where lucario finds snake, the look on snake's face was priceless.
But I enjoyed the whole thing all around, even though I got mad while fighting the final boss. The only thing I didn't like was..
How they brought sonic in. It just seemed to random. Like they couldn't think of a creative way to bring him into the story so lets just have him suddenly show up at the end, bah!
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

So I'm totally late to the awesome party (and bumping this, BUT THIS IS RELEVANT!), but Lindsey and I got our freaking Wii (yay!) and I now have a code to share with you all!

1504-5934-5631

So add me. I want to battle people ;_;
sezrin

Post by sezrin »

My housemate finally bought this yesterday (we're a bit behind the times here). After playing for a couple of hours I slowly found it addictive despite neither of us having a clue what was happening. The only person I seemed to be able to win with was Kirby - mainly cause he was better at recovering from suicidal jumps and he can eat people :) . Anyone got any advice or know of any simple guides I can look at to work out the basics?