Pokemon: Manaphy Europe Event

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
adi_gallia

Pokemon: Manaphy Europe Event

Post by adi_gallia »

It was close between a post in Offsite Games or the AaToW thread and I chose here, I made it it's own thread because this is a Pokemon Ranger Event, not D/P and I don't believe we have a general Pokemon game/Ranger chat-

The Manaphy event is coming to Europe...

...but to get it you need to have a complete Pokemon Ranger game by the 2nd of June, I don't even have the game, because my lack of DS. I'm getting one on Saturday, my birthday, even if I got Pokemon Ranger with it I probably wouldn't have the time to complete the game by June 2nd so I could get Manaphy. Anyway, I would be too embarrassed to be a 17 year old going to a Pokemon event.

If this was closer to the Europe D/P released date (July 27th) I would probably buy Ranger and complete it, but it isn't so I miss out on an opportunity to get one of the cutest Pokemon ever. It's okay, I'm sure one of you will trade on to me to put it in my 'dex, but I wanted my own.

If anyone is interested there are details on the GAME website, it should be at any local GAME store, I know of at least 2 that are less than 10 miles from me too. ;-;

If any of you happen to have a completed Ranger and don't want a Manaphy, but can go to the event I would love you forever if you gave me it. :P
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Sure

Post by hebdenhippy »

I've completed Ranger and live in walking distance of a GAME, this is good :D I'll get Manaphy and when I have I'll breed it (it says it's breedable) and I'll send one to you if you want adi. Providing you have Pearl/ Diamond, then i can send it.

And, just to make the whole event better for me, 2nd of June (Manarphy Day) is my birthday :D
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Manaphy breed to make Phione (sp?) and Phione don't evolve into Manaphy, weird, I know. Thanks anyway ^_~
hebdenhippy

Oh right

Post by hebdenhippy »

Oh right, sorry I didn't know :oops: . Still, I'll see if I like Manaphy or not, If I don't like it (and I probably won't because it looks similar Jirachi and I already have a 3 Jirachis, yeh, I obsessed with them) I'll let you know and you can have it, or, I can go into two different GAMES and get 2 Manaphys... would that work? If so, that'd be great, there are 4 GAMES near me :D

EDIT: Your right, we're naughty, so instead of making a new post, I'll edit this one. I'll let you know if you can have the Manarphy, you probably can, I only really want it for the Pokedex because I've got my little indestructable team :twisted: I got lots of Jirachis from Pokemon channel, you can make them from there, I'll try to get you one if you want, but there might be a limit on how many you can make
Last edited by hebdenhippy on 23 May 2007 03:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Oooh thanks :)

Umm..I don't think it would work, but I'm not sure, I assume that the code they give you is the one relevant to your game, but I don't know 100% (someone confirm this?). I'm pretty sure that each Pokemon Ranger will only be allowed to do the Manaphy Egg thing once.

How did you get so many Jirachi anyway? I think I missed that event(s)

ETA: Quite a few posts of us two in a row, tell me off mods. :o
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Pokemon: Manaphy Europe Event

Post by AngharadTy »

adi_gallia wrote:Anyway, I would be too embarrassed to be a 17 year old going to a Pokemon event.
I took my husband with me to Toys R Us to get Mew. We're both in our mid 20s. Embarrassment means nothing. And, at least it seems to me, it's only 17-18 year olds who say they're "too embarrassed"; generally, when you get a little older, you stop caring what people think and go just for yourself.
Image Image
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I must be dumb O_o I thought you actually got a Manaphy egg at the end of the Pokemon Ragner game - not from an event that you needed to beat Pokemon Ranger for? *blinks*

And the reason Manaphy breeds into Fione but doesn't evolve is because they're both legendaries. The idea behind a Legendary is only one exists; its pretty cool that Manaphy can breed and turn into anything else at all.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I don't know Jessi. I thought so too, but I was on Serebii and it said about this event to get a Manaphy egg, I suppose it is from only an event, but I don't know.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

You enter a code to get access to the Manaphy egg mission on Ranger. The code for the European version is not yet released. You don't actually have to go; the code should be the same for everyone, so just wait until it's posted online. If you go, I expect they'll give away some other kind of merchandise.
Image Image
adi_gallia

Re: Oh right

Post by adi_gallia »

hebdenhippy wrote:I'll try to get you one if you want, but there might be a limit on how many you can make
Get me a Jirachi? Or just a Manaphy? I'm sure I will want a Jirachi too and if anyone has a Mew, they are like a classic Pokemon to me, I had one on Pokemon Blue, but it was soooo tacky, it had Fly, Cut, Surf and Mega Kick.

I'm a sucker for the cute little legendaries.

Wait, how do you get Celebi without cheating? D:

ETA: While I was being greedy I forgot to post the original thing I was going to post
AngharadTy wrote:You enter a code to get access to the Manaphy egg mission on Ranger. The code for the European version is not yet released. You don't actually have to go; the code should be the same for everyone, so just wait until it's posted online. If you go, I expect they'll give away some other kind of merchandise.
Really? o____o That seems a bit stupid, why bother having all these events if you can just get it online, that would be so much easier. I thought each code would be personal to the cartirdge or whatever you call a DS game, but come to think of it, I doubt it is.
Last edited by adi_gallia on 23 May 2007 08:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I thought you said you kept an eye on Serebii's news? Celebi is an event pokemon.

http://serebii.net/games/events-pkmn.shtml
Image Image
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

AngharadTy wrote:I thought you said you kept an eye on Serebii's news? Celebi is an event pokemon.
I do, sometimes. I check whenever I remember really, that page shows that Celebi hasn't been to the UK. Sad ;-;

I don't think I'll ever fully complete a Pokedex without cheating. x.x
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

But Celebi has been released in Europe, and of course other continents; with wifi, now, many people have legit ones. I got one in a trade for another legendary.

Also, when it comes to 'dex completion, the game counts it complete without the event pokemon. And anyway, once again, with wifi, it's easier to at least do a tradeback to get 'dex info on a legendary.
Image Image
hebdenhippy

Oh right

Post by hebdenhippy »

Oh right, sorry, I'm not too familiar with the new Pokedex, I still havn't completed the Ruby pokedex, and after 3 hours of searching for a feebas, i gave in -_-

If it is possible adi, I'll get you a Jirachi, and anyone else who wants one too because I think you can get them unlimited once you've completed Channel, but I don't know for sure.

And with the Manaphy, i guess I'll just wait and see what happens with that, I'm slightly confused :D
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Well thanks for the offer on Jirachi, and possibly Manaphy.

If Ruby had Wi-Fi I'd send you a Feebas x.x I was playing my brothers Emerald, since he needed Feebas, Milotic and Kingdra to complete his Pokedex I think. I found a Feebas, and when you find the place, you can find loads. He even found a shiny Magikarp while he was fishing there, I'm kinda sad it wasn't a shiny Feebas though.

He still doesn't have a Kindgra, the Dragon Scale is so rare.