Zoo Tycoon

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
gomababe

Zoo Tycoon

Post by gomababe »

I'm just getting back into playing this particular little gem and was wondering if anyone else played it? Generally speaking I prefer the arge free form zoos best as I can show ooff my imaginative skills a bit better there ^_^. I've tried doing safari like zoos and failed miserably so any tips would be apppreciated.

Basicallly discuss the game in any way you like and what kinds of zoos you generally like making as well as the more sadistic things al of us love to do with these sorts of games :P.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Aww Zoo Tycoon, haven't played it in years. I may have to dust it off and reinstall it if I can still find the disc that is.

I had the dino one too, and well my favorite thing to do was build up a massive zoo, block off the enterances, then delete all the fences. I'm a horrible horrible person. But it was great watching the penguins eat like half the animals.

Of course, I always cheated and got a crap load of money at the begining, and usually unlocked everything from the start. My first zoo I waited to do all the research, but after that I just cheated. Good times.

So now I have to go install it. Too bad I can't reinstall my dino one cause I know I lost that disc. Or maybe I'll just download it *shifty eyes*
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

I found the three in one disc set when I was in my 1st year at uni XP, mum and dad weren't too impressed since I already had the first disc. But yeah I loved doing that so much ^_^. I've only just discovered the money cheat so I'll be taking advantage of that. I prefer doing all the research though, gives me more time to pay attention to my big attractions and stuff ^_^. I might do a Jurassic Park theme next, that'll be fun.

And Seerow I'm sure there are place you can *ahem* download Dino Digs from ^_^.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Yeah, I had the three-in-one set, too. I did all sorts of stuff to my zoos. I had a lot of good zoos, but I also had zoos where I would make a beautiful zoo, then start slowly but surely make it into a warzone of doom. Put little dirt pits throughout it and everything. Then I would release all the animals and fire all my zookeepers/janitors/everythingelse. I would block up the entrance and let people run around until they died. I also enjoyed having a nice zoo, but keeping one little blocked-off single tile of water, where I would put any guests that misbehaved. One or two people dying in my zoo a month never seemed to hurt my ratings that much at all, truthfully...
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Kuroro

Post by Kuroro »

Totally missed this post. But heck yes. I do play Zoo Tycoon. Played. I'm a bit less in it today, but I play long sessions from time to time.

In fact, I made a whole bunch of animals for the first game, they were all downloadable through Zoo Admin. Though I'm not sure what happened to the site, the last time I looked, they moved and had all the downloads offline.

Zoo Tycoon got me into 3D animation. I guess that's besides the point though. I had as much fun playing the game as creating things for it.

*searches* I still have some downloads on the space I rent;

http://www.thylacine.be/ZooTycoon/thylacineversion2.zip

<-- One of the oldest though..

http://www.thylacine.be/ZooTycoon/FallowDeer.zip

Unzip, put .ztd file under updates. Load game. Should be there.. If anyone is interested, I have more. :P
Set by WIS!
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

Oh wow, I love Zoo Tycoon, i love all the tycoon games really, but Zoo is my favourite. I've got Zoo Tycoon 2, with a Marine Mania expansion. It's great. I love freeform best, i like making them zoos, and yes, killing guests is always fun :twisted:

When I was feeling in a really sick and twisted mood I decided I'd make a pen of warthogs which I would live feed to the tigers and lion and such, because the warthogs breed and grow really fast, it was the perfect plan!

... I also enjoy making nice pretty zoos, and i like setting up Dolphin, Orca, Sea Lion and Walrus shows in Marine mania.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

:O

I LOVE the Zoo Tycoon games. I waste hours and hours on them. I love ZT2 the best right now, because you can interact more with the animals and just wander around in your own zoo, rather than having to just be satisfied with micromanagement. But my newest computer won't run ZT2 for some reason. :(

I sure do hope 2 comes out with a dinosaur EP!
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Kuroro

Post by Kuroro »

There is one announced: Extinct animals. (Go look at the Zoo Tycoon Site (http://www.zootycoon.com). There was a really small downloadable expansion with dinos already (4 dino's) for ZT2, but you could only get it by downloading and paying online. (I did get it, though.)

I've put a small site online with my self made downloads, only ZT1 though:

http://www.thylacine.be/ZooTycoon/Home.html
Set by WIS!