Maple Story - New Huge and Massive General Discussion Thread

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Maple Story - New Huge and Massive General Discussion Thread

Post by Joey »

Old Thread: viewtopic.php?t=4454

Because the old was had phantom posts that added an obnoxious extra page, we've started up a new massive thread to take over the Other Games section. Alas, old thread, we shall miss ye.

Maple Global Main Site
Maple Europe Main Site

The NC on MS list: (Just post or PM me if you'd like to be added to the list.)
Broa:
Seerow: Jeysca and lshka
PennyLane: PennyLane9
Joey: Derina and Verouk
GibblyWibbly: Harpsocks
Spivsy: TheSpivsy
Kari: Arsellec
Cyro: Kassiel
Mesmirez: Temne
Trick: Thalestral
Dunx5000: Dunxy
Illuen: Illuen
MonkeyGuy: Toneis
LadyNight16: Mafuike
Daisybell: Cantarei
MRBboy2005: MBaconBits
Veo: VeoDragoon
Strawberry Limeade: Dreoni
Ishtar: Axiqa, Enkaia, and Lanatia

Bera: (Where the cool people are!)
Joey: Ezlune and Sairun
Tom: Configured

Other Servers:
Cyro: Deiidra and Sylphina - Windia
Ishtar: Pyeam - Windia
GibblyWibbly: Gibblywibbly - Khaini
MonkeyGuy: Halivan - Bellocan
Joey: Just ask me - Everywhere

And the obligatory helpful site list:
Hidden-Street - General information site, has info on monsters, items, maps, pretty much everything you'd want to know.

Basil Market - An ebay like auction site for buying and selling in game items. Usually cheaper then buying them in the Free Market. Also has some general information. Just avoid the forums at all cost.

Sleepywood Forums - Forums with good information.

Accuracy Calculator - Want to hit stuff? Of course you do! This is a great calculator that will help determine if your character can hit a certain monster or not.

Sauna - This site is great. Just go to it.

Banned Story - The ultimate character generator ever. You can download it as a huge program, or use the online version which is horribly addicting!

And finally, since everyone loves screen shots, here's one of me being attacked by a random yeti: Click!
Last edited by Joey on 17 Jun 2007 06:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Hehe new thread. *Waves good-bye to the massive 50 pager*

And Gibbly - steal the mesos :) And you can hit your boyfriend for me since you know, I'll never see him.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Hi everyone =) Well, I wanted to let you all know I won't be around here anymore, for personal reasons. But I'd still love to hang out with you all in game. Please buddy me if you haven't already =) My main, PennyLane9, and my mage Creph who I use for ludi pq. If you're ever pqing and need someone, let me know.

See you all in game =)

Ashlee
ladynight6

Post by ladynight6 »

Noooo Ash!! *crabs* :( I'm sad to see you go. But whenever I'm on GMS, I'll look for you. Maybe not stalking, but talking to you. :) Good luck Ash! I'll miss you around here... *huggles*

And man I loved our massive thread... It's not gonna go boom is it? Because then I'll have to hunt down the guide Tom gave me ages ago... At like page 20! XD
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

Sorry to see you go, Ash. Hope you can return someday!

The old thread will still be around, it's just all locked and stuff. Stupid extra pages that don't exist and all that. I left a link in the first post for easy access when it inevitably floats down the page.

So, anything you think I can add to the first post? I tried to get in everything useful.
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

You did a nice job Joey, and I like the yeti screenie. I swear its a classic, and much better then the one I had put up of the bear parade heh.

I leveled to 86 today on a Shark and to celebrate went to visit Pianus. Little did I know there were actually TWO of them in there. I had no idea two Pianus's could spawn there, but I guess if the first one isn't killed within like 8 hrs, the second one spawns. And naturally, here's some screenies.
Click. Here you can see (barely) the two of them.
Click. A friend of mine, Rapps, came to join in on the dying.
Click. And then another friend, Kaz, decided he wanted to die by two Pianus's as well and he also joined in :P

Edit: Ohh, you could add a link the Banned Story forums so people could download it.
For those who don't know, Banned Story is a program that lets you dress up characters for Maple anyway you want. Want your male mage to be in female bowman outfit, then the more power to ya! Its great fun to mess around with and you can use it to see what your outfit will look like when you get a new one and stuff.
Only thing I warn you is that it is a HUGE program and will most likely take a while to download. It is by far worth the wait though.
Url - Here

Edit2:
Of course I will Laura :D I'll be on in a little bit again if you are then I can take you :D Pianus is awsome!

Edit3:
Lets see how many edits I can make. Anyway, I second the EMS list..even if only a few people are there. I know Kuschi and Laura play on EMS at least, there may be some other people as well.
Last edited by Seerow on 16 Jun 2007 12:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
ladynight6

Post by ladynight6 »

Eeeeh delete Salamas as one of my characters. And it's Mafuike not Mafuika. I don't want some poor innocent player getting random whispers. XD Other than that I see nothing that's missing.
Maybe we should have a EMS list incase? Or...
edit: Heto that is so freaking cool! You have to take me there sometime!! Please?
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

Ok, I added banned story to the list of sites. I didn't before because I didn't know the URL and didn't want to dig around the 50 page thread for it. Also deleted and corrected on the character list. I'm perfectly willing to add an EMS list, just let me know what characters to add.

So I wish I had money so I could abuse the double EXP cards. 22 characters are hard to manage. And I'm laughing at everyone who insisted that they'd never come to GMS.

And double the Pianus is scary. I've never even run into one, let alone two. I feel deprived.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

I'm about a % off 75 after soloing Master Death Teddies for hours upon hours in search of mysterious sand... stuff. I ended up partying with a random level 62 cleric who was attempting to do the quest. He was nice though, and did help. I finally managed to do it, after 300 Tachions were clogging my inventory. It's got to be one of the most unrealistic quests. No level 60 could do that without some extreme help.

It also made me realise that having so few high level friends has it's disadvantages. People just gave me odd looks as I ducked and dived, soloing the evil beings. And as they effortlessly demoilished them. Ah well. One step closer to Palpulatus. One more quest off the expansive list. I need some priest buddies.

Could you possibly add Sleepywood to the links? Though full of flamers, there is some intelligent discussion on the forums, I much prefer them to Basilmarket. The guides are usually pretty handy there.

Oh, and someone megaphoned that in Omega Sector, for the event, Anego was summoned (the Showa town boss, the better bit of Japan, though the castle is pretty awesome, anyway). I don't know if it is true or not, but regardless, yay? Wait, if it's not true, then no yay. If it is true, yay. I hope we get Leafre or Showa in the next patch. Not that I don't like the Mushroom Shrine, it just offers nothing to me, or anyone higher than about level 45. Oh, it was false. Ah well. There were about 20 CRogs summoned deep in Ludi, supposedly. Shame, I was there.

Trips to Sleepywood have their rewards. New GM blog is exciting!

Hey everyone!

It's been busy the past few months over here, and while we're happy overall, there is still much work to be done.

So, the Global exclusive area. No, we haven't forgotten about it, quite the contrary. We've been working on it for a long time...and if you'll indulge me for a moment, I'll explain.

The Global community is huge. And because it is so large, that means diversity--we have people playing from Los Angeles to New York to London to Paris to Rome to Tel Aviv. How could we go about creating an area that everyone can enjoy and resonate with?

A city. Not just any city. A city where the past meets the present meets the future. A city that holds many, many secrets; and is the beginning of something new.

Or, as we like to call it, New Leaf City.

Stay tuned for details, but for the time being, we look forward to seeing your reactions. We're being mum on a date, but it's coming...sooner than you think.

Been a great year so far, and it's only going to get better. So, we'd like to ask you: What's been your favorite area or thing to do so far this year?

Thanks for Playing, and keep your eyes peeled, you never know what else we have up our sleeve...

- Stoveboy -
It may sound totally cheesy, but I'm excited! I hope we get more than recoloured monsters, though.
:?
Subeta: Thomas
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

I don't know the URL for sleepywood offhand, since I honestly never go there. But I'd be happy to add it.

That new leaf city thing really sounds cool. I'm interested in hearing more about it. I've been meaning to get into playing for a week, but I get all lazy about it and FFX is very luring.
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

The new town does look cool :D Hope by "sooner then you think" it means sometime this year. Maybe I'm just too used to Neo's "coming soon" messages...

Anyway, I bought my first CS outfit today. Expensive X_x

Click
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Kreludor content! Coming soon!

I wonder what actually happened to it?

Anyway, today I did a bit of levelling. Well, not really. I gained 16% as I did nothing much but lounge. After killing quite a few Gigantic Spirit Vikings, I managed to get the 3 Peices of Cracked Dimension that I needed yesterday. Whilst doing so, I got to level 75. I had a small dilemma about where to put my skill points. I'm aiming for 21 Strafe at the moment... but Eruption and Puppet are so tempting. Eruption would be awesome, without the 5 points required in mortal blow. Puppet would be awesome... but Strafe. Sigh! At least my damage goes up. Only three more levels. Maybe I should just get Strafe to 18.

Anyway, I did a few more lingering quests. Yay, I got a Green Hawkeye. Always wanted a level 35 bowman hat. I finished the last Omega quest I needed to do... which required nothing to do with Omega. I like Omega Sector, despite there being nothing to do there, past quests, so explored for a bit. I went to the robot boss, I think it's called MT-09, anyway, and found I could kill it in 3 - 4 hits with a warrior pill. Then, I went back to Ludibrium, walked up and down the town due to boredom, and went to KFT. After walking to the end and back, and upon return a fighter asked me to help him kill Goblins. I accepted, so ended up walking back. Was exciting. After that episode, I went down to Aqua Dungeon and killed some Squids and Gobies. I was a little bored. And level 75 Snipers have so few places train.

In other news, I got that package from the cash shop for the crossbows. Considering it was cheaper than buying the actual bow by items, it was rather worth it. I got a pair of Bubbling Slippers, and a transparent hat, too, for 5400 NX altogether.

It'll probably break in a while, ah well. I did have some fun going through my rankings and identifying hackers on sight. They have a string of random letters and numbers as a name. They wield a spear 20 levels too low. Their armour has been carried over from Maple Island. I wonder?

In even more other news, I helped form a guild today. A few friends and I created the delightful 'Randomangos' as a delight location for legit, literate people to enjoy themselves. It's nice, yet we need a logo.

And in final news, http://www.sleepywood.net/forums. The main site isn't up to much, and the guides out-of-date, but the forums are okay.
Subeta: Thomas
Gibblywibbly

Post by Gibblywibbly »

Joey - You might want to edit that list. The character I play on in Khaini is called Gibblywibbly, not HurriKaty. I did have a HurriKaty, but that was when I was new and.. yeah that went bad.

They really need to give you more help when you start the game. Pretty much everyone messes up strait off of the bat.
Miltank is the coolest pokemon.
Kuschelfloh

Post by Kuschelfloh »

Aww that outfit is so cute Heto! :D

CS is very addictive. I already spent 20 euros on the limited items they have in the Euro CS xD lol but cute hehe :) And always better than the warrior helmets. xD

Euro server crashed so now I can't get in and make screenshots. I was woken up by my brother phoning all panicky cause he couldn't get on and then I ended up explaining servers and internet stuffs xD lol On a sunday morning.

Since the servers are in germany and they have really bad storms there right now, it could have been a power out or something. I dunno. Oh well, time to do other things xD
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

I just copied the list from the old thread, so don't blame me! xD I'll be happy to make any corrections though. Also added Sleepywood, as you can see.

So I went and explored Mushroom Temple and KFT for the first time. Got most of the quests done, all I have left is the rice from hamsters and collecting fox tails for eternity. I'm leaving those for later. Apparently the Level 55 ghost one isn't activated because I couldn't find the NPC anywhere. I even went past Bains and Lucidas. Those things hurt. Died like twice at Bains, but it's all good because I had just leveled. Now Ez is 56.

K, now I'm tired.