Maple Story - New Huge and Massive General Discussion Thread

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: Maple Story - New Huge and Massive General Discussion Thread

Post by Seerow »

Well, I /had/ quite, but if I can get it to run on my mac (hopefully without having to shell out $80 for parralels) I may start up again. I have been missing MS lately.

Carnival PQ? Do share :P I haven't been keeping up with MS at all since I've stopped playing, so I have no idea what's been added.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Lulz. Carnival pq is amazing. It's for levels 30-50, and you can get to it through Kerning, Orbis, and Ludi. You make a party of 2-6 people and you compete against another party of the same amount of people. It's easier to get into because each channel has 6 rooms you can play in. So inside, you have 10 minutes to gain more points than the other team. Depending on which room you go in, you have to kill different monsters. Things like robos, teddies, and rombots. So as you gain points, you can "spend" them to summon harder monsters on the other team, buff the monsters, and curse the other people. You can cast any curse on them that monsters can curse you with in game. Stun, seal, slow, darkness, even dispel =D You can buff the monsters with things like speed, avoid up, acc up, magic attack up, and even cancel physical and magic attacks, so that the other team's attacks do 1 damage. If you die inside you don't lose exp, you just respawn, but you lose a few points. At the end of the 10 minutes the team with the most points wins. The exp you get depends on how many points you gained. If you win with 500+ points, 30k exp. Ludi pq is pretty much dead because of this pq lol. It's so much fun to cover the other team in master cronos and rombots then watch them die a million times =D Oh and you don't actually lose the points you spend on monsters and things. Some people get confused in the pq and refuse to summon monsters because they think you lose points doing it. The points are used up summoning but it still shows how many points you actually gained killing monsters in the pq, and that is the number that matters in the end.

ALSO. In the pq monsters drop these maple coins. You collect them then when youhave 50 you can turn them in to get a spiegelman necklace. Spiegelman is the npc that runs the pq. An average necklace has +1 int, dex, str, and luk, but they can come out with 0 or 2 of a stat. It has 3 slots, which you scroll with marbles you get from turning in 40 coins. Each marble adds 30 hp and mp with I think a 70% success rate. You can also buy weapons using the coins. Level 50 weapons are..20 coins I think. But I just save up my coins for necklaces...I wanna get a 2 int one.
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

And CPQ is fun because when me and gibbly do it we confuse the team into thinking "oh, they're low levels, they won't do well", then we kick their asses into next week.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

I got a 2 gig ram. Nvidia Graphics card...If I can run RO with no problems, Im sure its the same for MS.
Image Image
ImageImage
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Do you have Vista? I know people using it have been having problems with Maple.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Nope. XP..It patched too, so Im not sure what could be wrong with it.
Image Image
ImageImage
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Where is everyone? I've been back for a few days now and have yet to catch anyone online.
Image Image Image
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

I actually pretty much officially quite. Until they make a version for Macs, its just far to annoying to play.
Well, I may not ever actually be back. Too much stuff happened there to ever make me feel comfortable :P

I was hoping to get Indrys to F/P Mage status, ohh well XD Maybe someday when I'm old and gray I'll finally get it 0_o
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

I've been playing more often lately, though I'm getting bored due to lack of quests. I'm up to level 43 for the first time (between three characters on my Windia account I never made it past 34), and I have a level 25 male thief named Aubrien who'll be a bandit.

I don't interact with anyone on MS besides my two best friends, so you all should bother me more often ):
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I'm kinda getting back into playing. Was thinking of 2xing my way to 70 on Bera sometime soon. I'm mainly just sick of Broa, I'm kind of just using it to buy stuff for other servers now that I can transfer items via trading.

Also trying to finish making the staff for my old costume. Styrofoam = fun things to throw at cats.
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

I've been around...mostly in the morning for 2x then afk the rest of the day lol. I got new hair on Penny today!

I started in Henesys, trying to get the Darling Diva hair...but after getting afro, braids, and cornrows..I decided to use my last nx on an Amoria coupon, since I've always had good luck there.

I have a few screenies, too =-O
Here is a level up from a few levels ago:
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d95/L ... evelUp.jpg

My friend Dex and I decided to kill Mushmom with our level on bolt/claw. Check out my 252/252 claw damage!
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d95/L ... DexMM2.jpg
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

Speaking of screenies, Ash I found a bunch of screenies last night from your wedding with David. There's like 50 of them if you want em :D

I need to get some screenies of my awesomely scrolled Black Nap that my guild leader scrolled for me.
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Oooh!! Thanks Joey =D I don't need all 50 but a few would be nice to see =D What kind of cape, str cape? Lol I should take a screenie of Strawberry's bow. It's 10 speed..the first thing I ever scrolled where every scroll worked.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

Yup, tis a cape of STR. +9, which isn't as good as scrolling a Goblin Cape with 100%s but it'll do until I'm 65. It's awesome, I think 2 30%s and 2 60%s hit on it, while the last 60% failed.

So has anyone else gotten into the TCG? I don't care as much about the codes, the artwork on the cards is much more interesting. My favorite is the Surprised Octopus, just read the caption xD Anyway, I'm looking for someone to trade with so I can complete my sets. I've got less then half of the first and 2/3 of the second. And most forums seem to have a stick up the ass rule against trading. Is anyone interested?

Screenie dump!
Here's a bunch from when Gibbly advanced: 1, 2, 3, 4
And from that wedding and the following GPQ: 1, 2, 3, 4
Me being immature: Heehee
Being killed by Thanatos on a guild expedition: Thank the chocolate!
And an old funny one I found: Really, I have no explaination.
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

*Comes out of hiding*
GIBBLY! Grats on making it to 3rd job :D