Maple Story - New Huge and Massive General Discussion Thread

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Kari

Re: Maple Story - New Huge and Massive General Discussion Thread

Post by Kari »

Mmm...I want to play again. What's the best place for a level 43(?) Spearman to do the grind now? I haven't played since the Halloween event...
derp
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Haha thanks for the screenies, Joey =D Nice cape, too =D I don't play TCG but I want one of those red chairs...can you tell if a code is for the chair by looking at it, like the pets? If you can I'll buy a chair code off you. I'm still trying to get that APQ chair, too. I APQ two or three times most days and still haven't gotten it =-/

Here is a screenie from yesterday....I leveled up Dex to 80 at HHG. I was supposed to level with him but my stupid dragon leveled me while I was trying to go through my door after getting to 99.98% at himes =(

Dex Levelup

Hi Kari =D The best place for you to "train" now is Carnival PQ...there is a post I made on the last page that describes it. You'll level there much faster than you would training anywhere....I went from 42-51 on my archer in about a week of CPQ. I'll re-add you on Penny once the patch ends =D

EDIT: Stupid server check!
Kari

Post by Kari »

After getting killed about 5 times by a couple monsters at the place I had last logged in, I finally found my way out of NLC and to this new PQ place. Then I remembered how annoying it is to join PQs with strangers XD
derp
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

I'll pq with you anytime you feel like it. The exp you get there is pretty awesome.
Image Image Image
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I've heard that the only way to get the red chair is via the starter set. Which would kind of make sense, that's when I got my chair. I do have a stack of like 25 unused code cards if you do find that there's a code for the chair.

Incidentally, how exactly do the itcg pets work? Do you still need to give them water of life and such or are they just going to die after 30 days? I got a black bunny code I'm gonna use sometime, once I decide what account to put it on.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

I was playing over on Kradia today and apparently no one there is strong enough to take out the cakes because every town I went to had one! It's a little frustrating seeing them taunt everyone lol.
Image Image Image
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Maybe I'll just buy a starter set sometime for a chair lol. But we got new chairs in gachapon now and I want them too =-/

I have some new screenies, too =D

Those monster things from the alchemist quest are so fun: MushAsh

In the Bathhouse with Gibbly and some other friends: Bath!

A few nights ago Broa got our first level 200, Korwyn. Tons of people showed up and he dced a few times because of he lag lol. I somehow missed getting a screenie of the actual level up. 1 2 3 4

There are dead people in the last screenie because after he leveled someone used a showa boss sack lol.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

Ok, greatest achievement ever! I was redeeming a bunch of the itcg codes I had a stack of, and I now have 3 subani ankhs and a narcian jewel. I'll never be poor again! Incidentally, they all came from rare cards, so I'm curious about a connection now.
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Congrats Joey =D If you get any extra tiger codes I know some people who will buy from you. Skunks too but I figured if you get another skunk code you'll want to use it yourself.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d95/L ... Skunk1.jpg
Here is my newest pet, for those who haven't seen her yet. I bought the code from Joey =D She's so cute I had to buy nx to match.

I got married on my archer to my friend Dex yesterday but I forgot to take screenies =( Screenie key still doesn't work and I always forget to open Aldos.
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

o.O Anyone else still playing?
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

I still play, but the game's starting to stagnate at the mid-50 levels. I've done almost all my quests except the broken ones, the expensive ones that give worthless items, and two jump quests... quests keep me playing, the prospect of grinding for hours doesn't. That's why I'm only 5x after 2+ years of play. :P
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

I have been playing a little lately... not doing anything too serious, but just... playing around I guess. I'm building up the courage to pay Gobies a visit. :P But that'd mean training. Which is still taboo.
Subeta: Thomas
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

I haven't been training lately either =P Training with genesis gets so expensive. I was doing the ariant collesium for the past few days and got my chair a day ago. It's really cute =D AC was kinda fun but the random people in it were really annoying. Lots of ksing and scorpion stealing.

Have you tried newties yet, Tom? I'm not sure what time you play but around this time of day the maps on Broa at least aren't crowded.
Gibblywibbly

Post by Gibblywibbly »

I still play, but at the moment I'm slightly inactive, as my XP went kablooey, in a quite literal manner, with noises and smoke. The only thing I've got to use right now is a Vista, and Vistas are TERRIBLE for Maple. The framerate kills me.
Miltank is the coolest pokemon.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

Eh... just can't get into it. I've got that last push to 70 and I just have no motivation. Still buying the itcg though. I want to finish at least one set! Maybe it'll motivate me if I sell my itcg stuff...