LAIR

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

LAIR

Post by Mayhem »

... seriously, you guys. SERIOUSLY.

The graphics are pretty good, the story is a lot better than I thought it'd be...

But OH GOD THE CONTROLS.

This game could have been so, so much more better if they hadn't thrown in the Six Axis controls and called it "intuitive." Up is down, left is right, black is purple. Precision? What's that, again?

Not only are the controls the most absurd I've ever seen

For anyone who thought about buying this game - unless you really like fighting with difficult controls or think you do it without flying into some kind of homicidal rage ... go for it. If not, rent it and remember not to break things while playing it.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Buttersauce

Post by Buttersauce »

I thought this was going to be an awesome game, as it had dragons. Little did I know that it was going to end up being that bad. Just why are dragon games just doomed to be crappy in certain (usually many) departments?

I wonder how much X-Play has stomped on it....
ImageImage
Friend Code:
3565-8412-4029
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

I thought it was going to be like Drakengard. Which is to say, extremely frustrating at first, but as I go on it's not too bad.

No. This game is that bad throughout the entire. fucking. thing.

I'm so, so glad I rented it instead of wasting money on it. It had so much potential, the story is great, it drew me in and it's the only reason I even got through that thing. Every time I stepped away from the game though, it left me wanting to KILL THINGS and leave a bloody trail in my wake.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Haha, I misread the title of this post as "LIAR!" I guess it was close to the truth, eh? :|

I hate when games really fail to meet even vague expectations. I keep coming across DS game reviews for something I'd like until they point out massive glitches and play difficulties, and I have at least one game that's glitchy in both the Advance and the DS versions (though the DS one seems to be affected less but has its own issues). It makes me wonder if anybody ever tests those before release.