Anyone else play Flyff?

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Anyone else play Flyff?

Post by Mayhem »

http://flyff.gpotato.com/

It's a free 3D MMORPG. I only just recently started diddling around and so far (lol I think I'm level 6 or 7) and I like what I see!

Does anyone else here play Flyff?
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Spivsy

Re: Anyone else play Flyff?

Post by Spivsy »

Downloading it now, in the meantime I'm looking for guides- so I don't screw up.
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

I play. I started a little over a week ago. I'm Millipede on the Lawolf server and around level 20. And I still don't have a clue what I'm doing, since the FAQs in the game and on the official website are little to no help at all. x: Atleast I've got the basics down.
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

I just started playing today and it's really enjoyable so far. I'm Aubrien on Lawolf (I'll have a girl character soon), level 6 so far... thinking about becoming either an Assist or Magician.

http://www.flyffworld.com and the official wiki have some good information for beginners, but I can't seem to find any advice for first job builds.
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

I've got about 2 hours left for the download, I had to restart because I went to bed ¬¬.
I think I'm gonna be a merc.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Eh, I tried it and I wasn't very impressed. The controls were very spastic (at least on my computer) and I hate the way it just plops you down without the slightest idea of what to do.
Image Image Image
Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

Thanks, Cyro! I'll check them out.

There's a tutorial in the beginning, but for some reason, I think it glitched on me ... it commanded me to learn how to Follow someone. I did so ... but it wasn't satisfied and didn't give me a next direction. So I turned it off and just started killing things.

I'm Kythlite on the Kern server. I think I hit lvl 9 or 10 last night. I can't decide if I want to go Merc or Assist, so I've been spreading my stuff out pretty evenly so far.
Varicolored on Subeta
ladynight6

Post by ladynight6 »

I'm downloading it right now to check it out. (I do click Run when downloading right?)
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

I've given up on it, it's refusing to download.
Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

:( Spivsy, have you tried another mirror?

Ladyknight, click Run after it's finished downloading and it'll install. It's a VERY long installation process, so be prepared to leave your computer alone for a bit if your system tends to lag with serious multitasking. >_>
Varicolored on Subeta
ladynight6

Post by ladynight6 »

Mayhem wrote::( Spivsy, have you tried another mirror?

Ladyknight, click Run after it's finished downloading and it'll install. It's a VERY long installation process, so be prepared to leave your computer alone for a bit if your system tends to lag with serious multitasking. >_>
I got it all downloaded. Jeez it took hours! :shock: The game seems cool, but I'm having trouble with getting a hang of things. Not sure if it's really for me. *shrugs*
Aoi-lan

Post by Aoi-lan »

Hmm, I've played flyff since its beta, a few years ago.. I stopped playing for about a year, just picked up again a few days ago. If any of you guys need help, feel free to pm me in game X3

I'm Evarice (66 billposter)/Felyx (62 ranger) on Lawolf and Suika (55 acrobat)/Miubi (63 ringmaster) on Mia.

I hope you guys stay, I haven't met any out of the game who plays flyff~
Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

I'm not a very fast leveler since I get bored with playing for hours on end, but I hit 15 the other day and became a Magician. 8D

I'm 18 now and trying to grind to 20 today so I can buy a flying broom! I've never really played MMORPG before, I really like it! Maybe I'll get into a larger one later on after I finally have a computer that can run them (which may not be so far in the future as I thought!).
Varicolored on Subeta