Super Mario Galaxy!

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Kidnemo

Super Mario Galaxy!

Post by Kidnemo »

ok so SMG comes out on Friday over here, I'm not sure whether it's out in the US already or not, but I am sure that I am freaking excited. I planned to replay Mario 64 and Sunshine before it came out but that.. didn't go to plan, I'm on Hazy Maze Cave with like 30something stars so it doesn't look as though that'll work out but, oh well. TWO DAYS!

So.. I guess I just thought we could have a board about this, since it's like... yeah Mario, so who's gonna get it? Who's already got it? How is it?
OMFGMARIO.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Re: Super Mario Galaxy!

Post by hebdenhippy »

I'm as excited as you are, it's coming out on Friday where I am too, and I've preordered and I'm ready to get it! I can't wait, it looks really amazing, I've tried not to spoil too much for myself, but the reviews I've read have all been very positive. All around 97%, so it's one freaking good game!

I believe it's already out in the US, but don't hold me to it.
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

haha, a magazine in Italy gave it 11 out of 10 :D
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I've got it! Wasn't able to get it until tonight even though it was released yesterday.

It's amazing. I don't even know how to describe it, I may need to play a few more levels. I'm really wishing I had a better tv for gaming as the one I have doesn't do the graphics justice. And the controls are really instinctive, you just get it right away. I must play more.
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

I'm getting it tomorrow, hopefully. Looks to be an amazing game, can't wait to play it. :D Arrghwtf don't torture me. D:

...even though I really don't have any business buying any new games considering I have a huge pile of old ones I still haven't beaten yet >_>
hebdenhippy

Post by hebdenhippy »

Ah, it's oh tomorrow! I can't wait, I've been a bit bored lately because I've completed all of my Wii games, so I've been console-less. I went on Mario Sunshine the other day though to light my Mario spirit once more. Just. One. More. Day.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

I haven't posted here since I got it, and I just beat it. Well, not all stars, but I got to the last boss battle and saw the ending. Pretty darn plotty for a Mario game. Plotty? Is that a word? Erm...
Yeah, my favorite galaxy found so far is the one called the Sweet, Sweet Galaxy. It reminds me of a dream I had as a kid, and it has a remix of my favorite music: SMB3 Aerial music!!! Yay!
Also, the Mailtoad. Ech.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
hebdenhippy

Post by hebdenhippy »

ZOMG! I've bought it, and it's amazing, even better than I thought it would be. The graphics are amazing too, they look like something off an Xbox 360. I have around 35 stars now, I like to totally complete a galaxy, get all of the shines available in it before moving onto the next, so I'm only at the Kitchen dome, in the first Haunted Mansion level, but it's great! I really like the Manta-racing, but I'd say my favourite galaxy so far has been the one with all the Penguins, I forgot it's name, it's like dome of water, with little islands on it, so gorgeous ^^
roger9614462

Post by roger9614462 »

I'm getting it for Christmas, and you guys make the waiting even more difficult... I want to play this game too! (Best game of all time on GameRankings, with an average of 97.9%!)
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

Woooow so yes I got it yesterday, and obvious it's awesome. Sweet Sweet Galaxy is pretty fun but I'm still in love with Honeyhive... it's just so fun. I have 20something stars at the mo.
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

Mrr, I've been playing since Tuesday and I'm stuck at 99 stars. I know where the 100th star is (the Rolling Gizmo Galaxy), I just can't get it, but I have no goddamn idea where the other 20 are. I refuse to fight Bowser until I have all of them because I want the different final cutscene but ...gah, my patience is running out.

Also, Daredevil comets suck.

----------------
Now playing: Damien Rice - Cannonball
via FoxyTunes
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Haha, the Sweet Sweet Galaxy is crack! I'm horrible at it, but man is it fun.

I've finally gotten around to some good playtime with this today. I'm loving everything about this game. The music in particular is wonderful, I love how easy it is to get extra lives because I tend to die a lot, and it's just so much fun! I'm in love with Mario all over again, after how disappointed I was with Sunshine. (You reeeeally don't want to get me started on cleaning beaches.)
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

So I finally managed to get this a couple of days ago, though I haven't had time to get very far into it due to my job sucking and all that. So I'm only at about 17-ish stars right now (just opened the Kitchen area and the penguin island place).

GOD this is the prettiest game I've played in a long time @_@ I can't really explain why but the whole game just has this really neat style to it. I'm loving the hell out of the soundtrack too, it's just so... wow. Heh I'm used to Mario games just having bouncy fluffy cartoon music the whole way through, I'm kinda wowed by the music in this game being so... EPIC sounding as it is X3

I LOVE that one galaxy (forget the name) where you roll that ball thing around with the remixed SMB3 music playing. Fun fun. I love the bosses so far too; especially the first Bowser fight and the huge robot thing that's like three times the size of the planet you're on. That fight was waaaayyy too short though :(
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

The Boss battles are so fun in this game.. just not with daredevil comets, haha.. I'm on like 59 stars I think.. even the levels which I dislike are just SO fun to play.. it's just so pretty and fun. After Twilight Princess being sort of beige and melancholy it's so nice to play a colourful game.

edit: The last powerup is SO unbelievably fun.