Misticpets - Brand spanking new petsite

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Sagrei

Re: Misticpets - Brand spanking new petsite

Post by Sagrei »

Registered as Revan. Ha.

Haven't decided if I'm going to stick around and play this thing yet, as the world map kept telling me the places I clicked on haven't been explored yet, but I'll give it a fair chance.

Besides, that kiwi-looking critter is great.
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

I finally got around to getting my password retrieved so I could check out the new colours and overall I guess I like them. I got the 1000MC Points event while creating a Nokwi so I used that to pay for the colour changes. I now have a Toxic Phelocan, Riverside Emperon, Noir Nokwi and a Normal Nokwi. I didn't mean to end up with two Nokwi's but when I was creating the first I swear it told me the name was taken. :-/ So I tried another name, got it, went to the changing place and realised four names were on the drop-down list. I guess I just mis-read it (I tried searching 'Montaro' and he's all that's showing up) but it was an odd couple of minutes. Oh well.
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

Cranberry wrote:However, no matter how nice the pets are, I am not going to enjoy this site until they give us a way to make real money. I spent ages playing that stupid card game a while back and I only have 35,000 MC.
Restocking isn't too bad of a money maker right now. I woke up to 18k in my till this morning, and still have 60 items left to sell. But it is a little slow and repricing your goods feels more tedious than ever after the convenience of Subeta's autopricer. We need more people restocking and undercutting the falsely inflated items, because the only profitable quest is Volcan/Drako's--he asks for semi-rare to rare items which are mostly way too overpriced in user shops simply due to lack of competition.

I have 223k in my bank right now, though I've easily spent 150k on buying 69 of the 72 books.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Whee, I got a Terror Pandora Box a bit ago :D Now to decide who I want to use it on. *Runs off to look at Terror Pets*.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

If you don't mind me asking Seerow, how much to the Pandora boxes go for? It's just, I haven't been on much, so I don't know what a lot of money would count as.
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

Can't really help you there Hepdenhippy, sorry. I got mine from the giveaway that's going on.
There's only one in trades and it has no price, and one in auctions with no bids for 300k.

Considering the most I've ever had was 23k, 300k seems a bit obsessive. Then again, I just started playing again so I don't know what a decent amount of money is considered.
hebdenhippy

Post by hebdenhippy »

Ah right, I so confused as to how to make money! I'm sure I'll get the hang of it though, I only started playing again today.

EDIT: There's just been some Oceanic pets released,

Image Image

They're quite pretty ^^
Sparrow
Human Avatar: 158026

Post by Sparrow »

Oooh, the oceanic pets are quite lovely. I like the orange/yellow scheme of the fins. Inferno is great too, but so far the only other pets I want are Terror and Overgrown. So far it looks like I need to get three Terror Pandoria boxes somehow. XD But, last night, I was selected to receive a Pandoria box in the giveaway, and I got a baby one! :D I used it on my pet Demonax, and he is too adorable now: http://www.misticpets.com/petprofile.php?pet=Demonax
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

I want the ocean pets too, my favorite of the Themes so far! Musical wants to be an Oceanic Gourix!
hebdenhippy

Post by hebdenhippy »

Cool! I just got randomly selected to receive a Baby Pandoria Box, I have no idea what that means, but I'm not complaining ^^

I decided to use it on Cloud, aw ^^ the cuteness

Edited: *Image removed* I didn't know that about the off site image use ^^ whoops
Last edited by hebdenhippy on 19 Jan 2008 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Remember, misticpets doesn't allow off-site image use. It may very well work for you due to your cache, but the rest of us can't see it. ;)
Image Image
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

Is there any sort of hotel to put our pets in? Poor Quat has been depressed and dying since I created him.
I feel like such a newbie. I have no idea how to do anything on this site. I did manage to change Quats color ^_^
Not all who wander are lost.
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

At the moment, there is no Hotel :( All my pets are hungry and depressed too.

If you go to the Giveaway (In "Games" under "Non-Flash type Games") you can get 10k MC and a piece of cake to celebrate Misticpets having 5k users. The 10k MC is rather nice!

Other then that, I started restocking a bit and while I haven't made tons off it or anything, my shop is stocked and waiting for it to sell. That's really the only way to make MC right now, as the quests generally aren't worth it as they ask for expensive things.

I ended up using my Terror box on Psalm, who I found in the pound. So pretty now!

Edit: Having a bit of downtime right now. The news post said it would last about two hours, from 6:30-8:30 or so.
hebdenhippy

Post by hebdenhippy »

New Storm pets are out, they're quite nice, I like the Stignightus. I'm still confused at how you actually get a Stignightus (or other LE pet to that matter) is there some sort of Morphing Potion/Elixir?
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I swear this site wants be to play it. Second to the Overgrown scheme, my most wanted colour for a petsite was Storm. At least the way MisticPets executed it wasn't how I wanted it really, but it's close. Why can't Subeta use these ideas instead? If they do now they'll be accused of copying though.