Misticpets - Brand spanking new petsite

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
covet

Re: Misticpets - Brand spanking new petsite

Post by covet »

...*signs up*

*gets item*

\o/
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Hm... I know my username (and get a different error when using it) but apparently I don't know my own password (and I know what it would have been) and there's no "help I'm a moron" link. *shrugs and gives up on misticpets yet again*
Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Day two was released. I really really wish they had started putting up the clues and such at midnight like normal sites. Starting them so late in the day is just annoying.

Today's was rather tricky. Here's the solution:
Spoiler: open/close
First off go visit the pet Needle here which gives you the clue to find the next part of the puzzle, which can be found by looking at the pet Tsunami here.

And the prize is this Hatchipal egg:
ImageMistical Mottled Egg
That sucks Ty :( If you want I can ask Zarabeth, the site owner, if there is a way to retrieve your password?
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Actually, you can reset your password. I know because I had no idea what mine was, and after I clicked around for long enough, the reset password option finally popped up. I did a site search for my username, then clicked on the "You must be logged in" link, then clicked on the "I've forgotten my password" link.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

*laughs* That sounds like a solid plan. If it doesn't work, no harm done.

edit--that worked. Silly me, trying to use the resources available on the frame, instead of the login page itself. ;)
Image Image
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Thanks for posting these, Seerow. Geez, I've missed so much on Mysticpets - those zodiac pets are awfully pretty. I should poke around there again, heh.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I've been poking around here and on Misticpets, myself. I'm quite thoroughly tired of seeing:
Mysterious Mistic Event!
"Oh no, oh no!" mumbles a small Tarinooki as it scampers past. "Late again! This isn't good, isn't good at all..."
Though it is kind of funny because I just watched Alice in Wonderland.

Is there some way to keep my pets fed/happy more easily than buying a bunch of items when I don't know the economy well at all?

Can you change species or just colors? (edit: I just saw a Normal Cheran Species Potion in a shop, so, guess there's species changing.) Either way, I can't make out the details on my favorite pet, like, at all. What the hell was I thinking. I'd like to change the color. Sadly, that mage thing doesn't seem to be open anymore.

I did look through the thread here, but I got irritated when I ran across that thing where they redid the pandoria giveaway while I wasn't here, so the box I got is nonexistant and I missed out on the actual box. That's why I quit in the first place. Now I'm grumpy. I'd forgotten how freaking irritating that was.
Image Image
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

Species changers should be working I'm pretty sure. They were broken for a while but I think staff fixed them. I never needed to change any of my pets species though so I didn't follow that too closely. As for colors, yeah Feron no longer does actual color changing. However, her tree is now a shop that sells various color mushrooms that act as color change potions. There's one for all the basic colors.

I almost never buy anything from user shops, I just buy from the main shops. There's almost always something in stock and its insanely easy to get stuff. There really isn't an economy to speak of really unless it exotic foods, really rare items, or like Pandoria Boxes. The quests were taken down and are being fixed so there really isn't any demand for items. I don't really play or feed my pets (except Samuel who get Exotic foods).

Heh, while looking for the Advent item earlier today, I took a look at the highest scores section, and saw that Samuel was on a lot of the high score stats! Don't remember ever having a pet be on any high score tables for any site, so that's pretty darn awesome :D
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

AngharadTy wrote: Is there some way to keep my pets fed/happy more easily than buying a bunch of items when I don't know the economy well at all?
I was wondering that too. I spent 7k of my 30k buying food items earlier and only got my two pets from dying to malnourished. At this rate, I don't think I can afford to get them back to happy/fed again. I also have no patience for the forced refresh every time you use an item, especially when I'm at work and trying to do something quickly.

But I forgot how pretty my pets were =P

Edit: Nevermind. Thanks for the info Seerow.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I signed up for that site just to get that darn egg. XD So cute. What happens when you "nurture" it?
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

Hatchipals are pretty much like all the adoptables floating around (Valenth for example). You get an egg, attach it to you, and then you post on the forums. Post often enough and eventually it will hatch. Once it matures, you can unattach it and you have a new minion.

You can see a thread about them here: Click
And this picture has all the current Hatchipal stages: Click
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Now that's an interesting idea. :D I really need that bat one. It's adorable.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I like most of the third stages better than the final fourth. Pity. But the Kyts, that's just lovely all through. Pity, again, that there are forum posts involved! Maybe I'll save up for the last stage. ;P

..okay, the site says that "kyts" is not an item. Does it have a different name (since the whorl egg exists, but not in shops) or are those not-searchable? Either way, apparently I can't afford it, by a really really large degree, so, heh...
Image Image
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

That egg exists, its called the Mistical Whorl Egg :) It restocks in the Pandoria's Chambers shop, along with all the other non CS eggs. They are harder to come by since they are rare and that shop tends to rs less then most, but I've come across ~8 eggs in the past three or four days so its not impossible to buy them. The eggs generally run from 90-130k in the shop. I have all these eggs I'm never going to get hatched because I just don't post enough on the forums XD The search seems to be a bit funky when it comes to the eggs, the pink horse one for example showing up multiple times. I have no idea what that fox item itself is called, but I've seen people on the boards with them attached.

Yeah, I like most of the send stage pets better then the final forms :( Hopefully soon Staff will decide to make those unattachable too, its been suggested a lot on various boards.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I just meant that the "kyts" from that image you linked has a different error message in the shop search (something about the item not existing) than the egg (which says there aren't any).
Image Image