Dragon Cave

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Arviragus

Dragon Cave

Post by Arviragus »

Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone else was playing Dragon Cave online. The concept of the game is ridiculously simple: if you go to the website listed below at the right time, you may be presented with some "mystery eggs", which may or may not contain dragon hatchlings. You claim the eggs you want, and are then responsible for collecting clicks on the eggs within a certain timespan to hatch the dragons inside, or the dragons will end up dying. Here is the site

http://dragcave.ath.cx/

And here are my eggs

Image Image

(click them! you know you want to!)

New eggs show up every hour on the hour, so good luck getting yours!
Last edited by Arviragus on 18 Jan 2008 08:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Subeta
nanabobo567

Re: Dragon Cave

Post by nanabobo567 »

Bah, it's just a timed adoptable, how silly!
Yeah. Yeah. I had to. Sorry. I clicked on all yours, you help me?
Image Image
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Ooh, I discovered these guys through another forum. These are the two I'm waiting on right now.

ImageImage

I only grabbed two to start with because I figured I'd be less disappointed that way if they both kicked it before they grew up.

ETA: I have babies! Thanks, you guys! :D ...Also another pair of eggs. ImageImage
danceu4ia

Post by danceu4ia »

I couldn't resist, I clicked on all your eggs too... too cute!

figured I'll stick with one, increase it's chances of survival. I might not be able to hold my curiosity much longer though!
ImageImageImage
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

I made an account there a while back, myself. I really suck at this. Three of my eggs have died in the past two days because they got too many views too quickly from Gaia. xD Anyway, here are the two that are still alive.

ImageImage
Kari

Post by Kari »

Finally grabbed an egg.

derp
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

I got one too :D
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Heres mine. :3 Went ahead and clicked on all of you guys eggs too
Image Image
ImageImage
Sparrow
Human Avatar: 158026

Post by Sparrow »

Image Image Image Image

I said to myself that I wouldn't give in to the temptation of pretty, pretty pixel dragons. I kept telling myself I wouldn't get sucked into this, and that I wouldn't bump a many-months old thread. But I did. Help out my eggies, please! Hee, I love almost all the adult dragons; still waiting to get one o' those gray dragons, and a purple one, and an orange... X) My scroll: http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/Sparrowmaiden
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Honestly, I think it's moronic that they have a chance to die. And if you get one and do too well in some way, it gets diseased?? I lost interest at that point.
Image Image
Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

It is extremely stupid that the eggs and hatchlings can die if they get too many clicks or something... that's what was preventing me from signing up at first. I have to somehow care for these adoptables that have a chance to die?? But I just wanted the gorgeous adult dragons, so I figure I may as well try it out. Anyone know any good tips for not killing ones' dragons?

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

EDIT: Yay, I have adult dragons! :D Some new eggs, too:

Image Image Image Image
Last edited by Sparrow on 21 Aug 2008 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

I finally got a female adult to go with my males and bred them to get the red egg in my siggy. I agree that the whole too may clicks kills your egg thing is really stupid...but I like the dragons and am willing to accept failure a few times if I can eventually get nice pretty adults.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

X) This is why I believe in karma. This past week, after missing so many rare gold and silver eggs, I now somehow managed to get not only a gold, but three silvers. I only want one female silver, so I'll be giving up the other two... surely one of these eggs will turn out to be female. So after they hatch and I find out their gender, send me a note or post here if you want a silver hatchling!

Image Image Image Image Image
Nectaris

Post by Nectaris »

I signed up last Wednesday and now my first four eggs have hatched last night. I too was kept from signing up at first by the idea of them dying from too many clicks. They almost did as I was a little over-enthusiastic about pasting my dragons up everywhere.
Image Image Image Image Image
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

New egg! :3
Image Image
ImageImage