Cabal Online

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Slugawoo

Re: Cabal Online

Post by Slugawoo »

I downloaded it and made Millipede the force shielder. Didn't get too far after that. The background only loaded about half-way.

But I had a bunch of windows open, so I expected as much. I'm going to try again tonight, assuming I finish my homework and my sister gets off the desktop PC eventually. x:

I hope it works better this time, I'm getting really sick of Flyff and it's elevator music.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I sell all my chaos lamps. I used to open them--there's a chance you can get some very nice, rare item out of it, but there's a far, far greater chance you'll get a stack of 50 level 3 mana or hp potions. Which seems nice, until you realize you could have gotten 250k. ^_~

You can turn off the background music in Cabal, except for the instanced dungeons. But you can just rename those ogg files to ogg2 and they won't be able to play anymore. It's not bad music, but since we like to listen to techno while we play, it kind of conflicts.
Image Image
Xulael

Post by Xulael »

It's pretty decent for a free game. I just wish it weren't so copy-pasta. Is there anything in this game that is unique? Haha. I can name four or more other multiplayer RPGs it directly copies from off the top of my head. It serves its purpose though, and that is to waste time. It also gets cookies for not trying to gank my computer with its pretty graphics. c:

I started on Mercury before I realized NCers were on Venus... But, I have the same names on both servers, and it doesn't seem to take much time to level (pre-25). The names I use are: Mhori, Rhons, Sardi, Omin, Thaz, and Quent. When I know what each class is capable of, I'll be able to say for sure which is my main.
[ X goes by Xulael on most sites ]
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I suppose I could go with the argument that "nothing is new anymore," but have you played around with the combo system? Or the battle modes/auras? Also, I have not seen a stat/growth system like this before. I think a lot of little things add up to make the experience more unique.

(Also, I'm pretty sure the purpose is to have fun, not just waste time. ^_~)
Image Image
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

I'm not sure I understand the combo system. I finally started to be able to actually get more than one shot in a row, but I'm not clear on what it actually accomplishes, and I haven't yet been able to make it work on multiple enemies like it says you can. (Is there some hotkey to target the nearest enemy, or some way to automatically select something attacking you?)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

You start to get increased damage for more hits, and past... 11, I think? you get more skill exp (when you hit k, that bar there, that moves faster, for either sword or magic, depending on what skills you're using). You have to learn to be pretty good about switching targets--you can click on the next one during the move where your current one dies. I've found that combo is easiest to use with a ranged attacker (I hate using it with my blader, but it's okay with my force blader). And I think you need at least three skills to swap between; if you have only two, it ends. But I could be wrong; I am weird like that. ^_~
Image Image
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

Awww. I can't seem to find a Mac version.

D:
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Mac versions seem to be the exception, not the rule, heh.
Image Image
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

See, this is why I just play Dungeons and Dragons.
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

I finally downloaded Cabal again today and now have a mage named PennyLane on the Venus server. I love all of those quests =D
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

The quests are great. I never have to wonder what I should do with myself. Although I'm getting to the point now where I have more quests than I know what to do with - you can only have five at once, and I'm trying to be smart and group the ones that are the same monster.

(Laptop update: I just gave them the go-ahead to reinstall the OS, after they'd done a number of other things. Hopefully that will make it all better, and then I can play again.)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Around 45-49, you only get a couple quests per level, and have to grind out the rest. I recommend grinding against Wiggleleaves--there's a chance they'll drop a cape, which you can either sell for millions or wear. =)
Image Image
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Heh yeah I remember when I got to level 30 on the brazil verion I had more quests than I could have started at one time. I had some fun running around doing quests yesterday, and then met up with a friend who I had played Cabal with before. Some random guy showed up and challenged me to a dual, and killed me. D= He then whispered some snotty remarks to me so my friend PKed him =D

I keep forgetting I'm on a noob character now and I'll see a monster I remember from before so I'll hit it, and then realize it can kill me easily. I did that with a boar last night and it chased me around till my friend killed it. =(
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I went to go check out the game today, but it turns out they don't have a version for Macs. I miss my mmorpgs darn it!.

I could install it on the windows side I guess, but its a pain to restart the comp every time I want to play a game.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.