Interesting general gaming/internet thingies

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Kidnemo

Re: Interesting general gaming/internet thingies

Post by Kidnemo »

Grid16 is a fun flash game. It's not dissimilar to Warioware, it's very chaotic and tests your "gaming logic", I love it.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I love Warioware, and I hated that. Warioware at least gives you some sort of chance to familiarize yourself with the various games before they're thrown at you at lightspeed. That was the bad kind of random.

I loved the dinorun game. It's like Turmac Roll, but more awesome.

Samorost made me want to kill things. I do not like those types of games. I do not like them at all. My logic is at many times not at all what one would call "common"I get stuck for hours in games that literally no one else on the planet had problems with. So games that involve someone else's kooky version of sense, often make absolutely none to me. I'm looking at you Myster because I'm going to kill your grandma in her sleep.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

The grid game has instructions for what to do at the top of the screen, but I died a lot because I tried to--get this--read them. Wild notion, eh?

Gemcraft--another tower defense game, quite well done. You level up and you can save your info so you can close it and come back later.

I just replayed Samorost because I really enjoyed it first time through (and I only got through Myst by cheating), but I remember how irked I am at the concept of paying for it. I may have loved it but it's a flash game. I have limits.
Image Image
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

AngharadTy wrote:Gemcraft--another tower defense game, quite well done. You level up and you can save your info so you can close it and come back later.
I've been playing Gemcraft for a while now. It's a lot of fun.
Image Image Image
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

huh, I found Grid16 genuinely intuitive (edit: most of the time anyway), sorry you guys didn't like it, haha. I guess nothing compares to Warioware.. they need to make a new one with the balence board and new motion plus thingy!
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

warioware + peripherals = NO.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Hmm, I liked the Grid16 game, but then I've never played Warioware. Is the "Just Keep Falling" grid the easiest for everyone, or just me? (My next-to-last one is generally Shoot the Lines.)
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

That's how my last game went Wings. I probably would have done a little better, but my dog kept nudging me in the arm lol.
Image Image Image
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

Spivsy wrote:warioware + peripherals = NO.
It's the next logical step as far as I'm concerned, there is talk of making new Wiimotes with motion plus built in, and most of Nintendo's current target consumer group already have Wiifit.

Also it would have online multiplayer. With Wiispeak.

AND JUST TO STAY ON TOPIC (sorry modz) yeah the falling level seems to glitch slightly meaning if you just go left and right quickly you'll fall through the bars. My highscore is x4.0, what about you lot?
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

I'm not buying a wii board for another warioware if it'll be as disappointing as smooth moves.

and if the adverts are anything to go by, the wiis current target consumer is people with gigantic families with nice living rooms, and grandmas.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Quest For The Rest: Like Samorost, only easier and it stars the Polyphonic Spree!
Image Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Monkeyguy wrote:Quest For The Rest: Like Samorost, only easier and it stars the Polyphonic Spree!
I really liked that one! Too bad it wasn't longer.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Anyone have any hints for Dino Run? I finally managed to survive on the easiest level but I'm not getting any super eggs. Is it better to eat as much as you can or to just keep running? What does "Boulder Ride," "Dactyl Chain" and "Doom Surf" mean in the stats? (I apparently haven't done any of them.)
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

boulder ride is when you jump on one of the rolling rocks and run on top of it for as long as you can, dactyl chain is having a pteradactyl grab you and drop you onto another dactyl as many times as you can (I've never managed it once) and doomsurf is where you run as close to the big black killing smoke as you can, for as long as you can.