Spore!!

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Monkeyguy

Re: Spore!!

Post by Monkeyguy »

I stumbled upon this neat blog today, maybe it will inspire some of you : Clicky
Image Image Image
Veo

Post by Veo »

Those rock - I really like the Trogspore. XD

Also, Something Awful did the same thing - http://www.somethingawful.com/d/comedy- ... php?page=1

Some of the ones in that link are just stupid, but some of them kick all ass, like the Alien look a like. :)
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

This Deep Crow owns everything I've seen so far.

If you don't know who Deep Crow is, here's a brief introduction.
Veo

Post by Veo »

Holy crap, is that the full version of Spore? That's amazing! :<
Officer 1BDI

Post by Officer 1BDI »

That's only the full version of the Creature Creator; the reason the setting looks different is because you have the option to change the backgrounds of the creature "tester". Spore itself won't be released until September.
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

My creature creators stopped working. I can get on a for a few minutes until it closes down and I get a "program has stopped working" message. It wouldn't have anything to do with me updating my shockwave and flash players, would it? I've tried reinstalling it and it still won't work.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

So, I discovered the Sporepedia the other day and one thing I love to do is type "Neopet" into the search field. Slowly more are being added. There is also a Mahar, but that's it for Subeta.
Image Image Image
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

x3 those are awesome. ..how do you put them into the game though? Assuming it works for the demo
Image Image
ImageImage
Officer 1BDI

Post by Officer 1BDI »

When you see the tiny, 128x128 pixel PNG image of a creature you like, you can simply drag it to your Creatures folder and it'll be added to your species database. :) You could be able to find your Creatures folder at C:\Documents and Settings\[Name of Computer User]\My Documents\My Spore Creations\Creatures if you're on a PC. I keep a "Spore Creatures" folder on my desktop that I just throw cool critters into as I come across them, and then every few days I move the new ones into the game's folder.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Ooh. Awesome, thanks!
Image Image
ImageImage
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Monkeyguy wrote:So, I discovered the Sporepedia the other day and one thing I love to do is type "Neopet" into the search field. Slowly more are being added. There is also a Mahar, but that's it for Subeta.
I've been looking up various Pokemon, myself. XD A lot of them are really, really awesome.

Here are mine btw. Lots of sharp toothed fangly things in there, now that I look at them all together. o_O I also uploaded a bunch to my Youtube, because I hardly ever use my YT account for anything else. >_>
Miguel

Post by Miguel »

Spore (well, the creature creator) does not need DirectX 10 to work - I just got back from visiting my girlfriend, who bought it (n my credit card :( ) and it runs fine on XP/DX9. Admittedly that's on a reasonable graphics card (NVidia 6600) rather than onboard intel graphics. That said, the Sims series have always been great about supporting all kinds of hardware, so I'd be amazed if people here can't get it to work at all.
Also, I notice that if you pre-order it online (at least in the EU), there is a mac version with the same ship date as PC now. Does anyone here know enough about the DRM and mac/PC versions on the discs? I'd like to run it on my macbook (in OS X) and on my Windows desktop, but don't really want to buy two copies... after all, I can only be playing on one at once!

Also, a warning - seems to be US-only at the minute, but EA are emailing people who create ... "inappropriate" creatures, deleting the creature, and telling them if they do it again they'll be banhammered. I think it's only when you choose to share the creature (through the game interface, not yoinking out the png image from your install directory) with others that it gets uploaded to their servers for them to notice, but I've not played with it myself yet so I might be wrong.
Many thanks to EofS for the avatar and signature images.
Madge

Post by Madge »

Miguel - I have NVIDIA Geforce 6600 LE, I had no idea it was reasonable! I got it for cheap like two years ago.

I downloaded it and it said it needs DX10 to run - is there a crack to stop it asking? Because the program won't start, it just keeps asking for DX10.
danceu4ia

Post by danceu4ia »

son of a biatch...it will not download on my mac, and that looks like the only computer game I will ever NEED to purchase. DX

I guess I'll just content myself with watching Saturn's youtube vids.

so sad. so so sad.
ImageImageImage
Veo

Post by Veo »

I ran into a problem where my laptop could no longer run it, after I bought the full version. It just meant i had to put it on my desktop, big deal, but it kinda surprised me . .

Also. FULL VERSION ROCKS, BUY THIS 'GAME' NOW. :<

best ten bucks ever. And I have no problem paying money for such quality like this - this software is simply, simply amazing. :)