Valenth feeding thread!

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
WisteriaLynx
Human Avatar: 319191

Re: Valenth feeding thread!

Post by WisteriaLynx »

Yeah... the site's not working for me, either (I'm getting "Server not found" instead of anything with MySQL, though), and all the places where adoptables are supposed to show up are blank nothingness or "image" depending whether I'm on Subeta or here.
Veo

Post by Veo »

Same, sadly - site is down for me as well. You think it has something to do with the insane amounts of clicking that kills the server with load?

Think about it. You need over 500 clicks to hit Omega form. So does everyone else. Plus 5,000 for that other pet. That's a lot of image loading.

Maybe they will lessen the clicking . . . *hopes* :<
Kuroro

Post by Kuroro »

I am not able to feed my pets nor any other pets I've fed when this started, for the past four days. :| Is this something that happened before?
Set by WIS!
WisteriaLynx

Post by WisteriaLynx »

At the very least, what you described there isn't happening for me. I'm able to feed anything between periods of 24 hours or so, but I haven't been able to log in since yesterday (and thus don't get any Krus for feeding... argh).
Sparrow
Human Avatar: 158026

Post by Sparrow »

I haven't had any problems so far, which is good, because Valenth released a new pet today, the Chroma Leupak! I adopted two, one to keep Beta (so cuuute!), and another for Neutral. I may end up adopting two more, depending on how I like them!

Image Image Image Image

And these two are not mine, but I just wanted to show what the Neutral and Holy Omegas look like, or soon will be (I never saw anyone level a pet up so fast!) Still waiting for Evil, but these guys already have great promise to be awesome. :D

Edit: Evil found! Amazing... I want them all.

Image Image Image
Last edited by Sparrow on 10 Aug 2008 05:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Veo

Post by Veo »

d'aaaww....so cute....XD
Kuroro

Post by Kuroro »

I didn't like them at first, but they are starting to grown on me.

That said, I've been able to feed again. I'm not sure what the problem was. :|
Set by WIS!
WisteriaLynx

Post by WisteriaLynx »

Likewise. I could actually log in today (and of course snagged one of those new guys). I all the omegas... but I promised myself to only get one of each adoptable, and I'm sticking with that. And the beta wins Lame Fangirl Points with me for reminding me of Guilmon. xD

Kuroro

Post by Kuroro »

Wow, another new one;

Set by WIS!
WisteriaLynx

Post by WisteriaLynx »

The beta of the new Waterwing appears to be a penguin chick, though no one's gotten one to omega yet. I... guess it's cute if you like penguins? I don't know; too many baaad elementary school zoo trip memories for me. ;)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Wha... are there genders now? *points at symbols* I don't want... symbols. Someone tell me how to turn them off or I'm done. Defeats the purpose of having a little cute pet thing.
Image Image
Sparrow
Human Avatar: 158026

Post by Sparrow »

... Th' hell?? Since when do our pets need a gender? Ugh, I hate this new feature. It's amazing how enormously distracting that stupid little white circle is. I have to say this is the stupidest and most pointless thing Valenth has done. And I've been a huge fan of the site ever since I got addicted, simply because of the high art quality. But this is just dumb, and detracts from the pet art. FAIL!

In other news, one person has a Holy Omega Waterwing! It's pretty, and the Betas are quite cute, but so far they haven't tempted me to get one. Maybe the evil or Neutral forms will be nicer.

Veo

Post by Veo »

i bet the gender is going to decide what Omega form it will take in some species. Just a bet. :)
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

I hope not. x: Because I just gendered all my kumos. If they turn into the wrong Omegas after getting all these clicks... Yeah, I'll be done with this game.

Yeh, it'd be cool if it only affected one/a few species, but just plain annoying if it screws with all of them.
Kuroro

Post by Kuroro »

I'm not that fond of penguins, so I'll pass this one up.

On another note, I changed one pet from female (I thought) to male.. then read the ones adopted before this change stayed both genders/genderless (in my mind).. If I had known, I would have kept him genderless, since most of my pets are based on angels. Grmbbll.. the female thing was apparently a cache problem. (Yes, I know it isn't logical to change to male either.. but there is a story behind it. :P)

I sorely hope not that this will affect omega status.. I'm so close also, don't want to see anything else pop out.
Set by WIS!