Ichumon--New petsite/RPG

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Re: Ichumon--New petsite/RPG

Post by thelonetiel »

My biggest annoyance is that it seems to log me out after a period of inactivity, which is really painful. I was looking for quotes to put on pet profiles and by the time I got back to updating I was logged out. xP

I agree with most of your notes, Huggles, I found the lack of obvious links particularly annoying.
Veo

Post by Veo »

My thoughts -

1. After playing High or Low (same thoughts - 15 highest? Wat? Why didn't it tell me that? Lame.) - there is very little way to earn money when you are DEAD BROKE. I can't do quests because I can't buy the items, and the rest of the games require more money or you have to gamble. And snake? You play it for two minutes and you get 300 cash. Compared to playing High and Low and getting 500 for a second. Problems? Considering battling is hard on a wallet, this is a problem. :<

2. Links. Dear gawd, the links. Too small, give me some buttons. Please?

3. The user shops are scams. I bought some Plain donuts for **44**. They sell in usershops for over 1800. *blinks*

4. Am I the only one who thinks this -
is absolutely horrifing?!WTF IS THIS THING?!?! :<

5. Battling in groups. They need a shout box in the party box unless they want fights to break out and/or hurt the community. Also, the leader of the party has a job to give out experience. All it does is evenly give it to everyone in the group with a button click. The only way to do differently is to NOT do it at all. Therefore, it is irrelevant.

6. I want to battle in groups, as in - there is a huge boss, and we ALL fight it. *sadface*

Good things ~~

1. I like the art better than Neopets. I really do. Instead of just cell shading it, it's actually brushed. And yes, the anthro/ non-anthro gets me too. :<

2. The RPG is going to be fun, as long as it starts dropping items to pay for the cost of healing constantly. They also need to change the monsters to something more local in the B-plains (Ghosts and Cops? Come on. Try goblins, slimes, or wolfs. That would make more sense.), but that's just me. :)

3. The staff kicks ass. They play and act just like the users. I love this!

4. The shout box! Community! :)

5. The potential. It has a long way to go, but considering it's not owned by a stiff corporation, it will prove to be fun and interesting.

Now, back to battling~~~ :mrgreen:
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

I joined. :) My username there's Millipede. I made one of those leopard pets and named it Zeke.

I actually really enjoy it. o.o; It reminds me of Subeta when it was so much smaller. The users are really nice, for the most part. And I like the RPG. The art's really nice, too.

But I have to agree with the fact that making money is pretty difficult, even when you're not broke. And it doesn't help that I have to contantly heal my pet from playing the RPG so much.
Veo

Post by Veo »

Idea. We need a NeoColours Council (ie a Guild) :3
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I signed up as aud and created a pet named lurk. Then, I promptly got:
Random Event!
Because you havn't been studying hard enough, The Ichua Education Authority has fined you 1000 iP!
Last edited by mellaka on 03 Aug 2008 07:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

The Dr. Dim Quests (go to "Create", then click on the link near the top. WTF?) can make you a lot of money. It's like the Wizard Quests, except that they're actually profitable in the raw points department. Plus, you get closeness points for it. :)

There are two redraw colors - Newborn and Timewarp (LET'S DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN!!!!!). The rest are recolors - red, orange, green, blue, purple, etc...
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

I signed up with the username David, because I could, and I made the pets Batman, Dirt and Cooker.

Now to get closeness points to see what the hell they look like.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I poked around the site for a little bit yesterday, but still haven't worked up the energy to hatch my eggs :P
I don't think I'll be on the site for much though, the itty bitty text is driving me crazy. I can increase it of course, but having to do that each time I open the site is a tad tiresome.
Ohh well, I can still enjoy the pet art from afar :P
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
WisteriaLynx
Human Avatar: 319191

Post by WisteriaLynx »

... wow. Lynx has been my online nickname since I was twelve. I've never managed to get it as my username on a petsite before. *blinkblink* Well, that makes me a happy Lynx.

That said, there's a news post - a bunch of accounts are at risk of being deleted, apparently. So I'm not sure if I want to do anything, yet, in case I have to re-register.
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

I signed up, managed to hatch Gabrielle and buy her an Ichie. Unfortunately, all before I read the news!
Hopefully, I won't get deleted :shock:
Not all who wander are lost.
WisteriaLynx

Post by WisteriaLynx »

Supposedly, all the accounts-to-be-deleted have been deleted by now. I wasn't one of them; yay! :P

And now I have, um, three eggs to hatch. Eek. xD
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I have now determined that red blob to be the virtual manifestation of all programming errors and designs flaws ever made, congealed into a singular entity of pure evil. I've battled my pet up to level 9, and I don't have any money left to heal her. I also cannot make any more money until tomorrow. So, there's nothing for me to do.

Reading books to your pet involves taking them some place in the Lightest Tower, much like Neopets codestone training. That would have been nice to mention in the item description, since I figured books were either broken or just junk. Apparently you can't see the colors listed on the site unless you pay for a premium account, which I would have said is the stupidest idea ever, until I had a look at Cyopets. I'll make a new post, but I believe it's a stronger contender.
WisteriaLynx

Post by WisteriaLynx »

thelonetiel wrote:My biggest annoyance is that it seems to log me out after a period of inactivity, which is really painful. I was looking for quotes to put on pet profiles and by the time I got back to updating I was logged out. xP
Agreed. So, so agreed.

Also, I know it's a smallish detail, but... "IchuPee"? I'm a bit... amazed is probably the best word, if you ignore the positive connotations... whenever I see the name for the currency written out.

EDIT: Heehee, Tera hatched. ^^ And is blue.
Veo

Post by Veo »

I just got my guild up! *grins* I want all the Neocolour peeps in it, so please don't be shy and join! Call it a haven of some sorts . . . . :)

http://www.ichumon.com/councils.php?act ... uncilid=39

It's called "The Promised Land." Yes, it's making a reference to FF7. Our little Icon is a Megaman head. :)
Kari

Post by Kari »

I signed up as Kari, I love when I get that name. My pet's name is Luca, though I wish she was red instead of green. I also wish there was a cheaper way to heal, but oh well. I'll restock some more to get some money later.
derp