Meteor Games: Vikings, Pirates, Ninjas

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Re: Meteor Games: Vikings, Pirates, Ninjas

Post by mellaka »

I don't know if anyone is still playing this, but apparently it's pretty much done.

From a much longer forum post by Donna:
... VPN will be down for Facebook and web players for the near future. We are estimating to have VPN back within a week, although it really depends just how many things break. We honestly wont know that until we have the Island game live.

When VPN comes back up we will try to do one last update, but we will not be able to continue updating it. Sadly we are a really small team now and have to focus on our new game. Its not that we don't love VPN, we are very sad about this, but we just don't have enough people to continue working on it like we were.
I've been actively playing all this time, and referred a few people, so I'm pretty disappointed.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Eh, I had pretty much quit since my last post. It was mostly because of WoW. Have they mentioned anything else about Island Paradise? Like, what it is?
mellaka

Post by mellaka »

They haven't given much info on it except that I think it's going to be a farming type game on Facebook. Adam is supposed to post about it later.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

Yeah, I haven't played that much recently, either (it was getting a tad tedious)... but still! I liked it :(
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

mellaka wrote:They haven't given much info on it except that I think it's going to be a farming type game on Facebook. Adam is supposed to post about it later.
A farming game? On Facebook? What a novel idea! *headdesk*

I haven't been on VPN for months - a shame, it looked really pretty, but I found the constant levelling-up quests followed by periods of enforced waiting tedious. Apparently these kinds of games all involve that sort of thing to some degree.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I generally understand the point of limiting things like that, but the waiting is tedious to me, too. Too tedious. It's why I've joined Kingdom of Loathing about five times and always let it lapse because I hate being more or less forced off the site after ten minutes.
Image Image
Captain_Awesome

Post by Captain_Awesome »

Farming game on FB, is it FarmVille? :/
mellaka

Post by mellaka »

Their game on FB is called Island Paradise. I'm not really into farming games but I joined FB just for that. The game just hit 3 million users, so I guess it's doing OK.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

There are three of my friends on FB actually playing Island Paradise now, much to my surprise. Though they are the kind of people who play a game all the time for about two weeks then move on - they've been through Farm Town, FarmVille, Fish World and probably half a dozen others in less than a year. Is it any good? Doesn't look like you can do much on it right now.

According to their support forum Ollie occasionally puts in an appearance - wasn't he the Phantom Orange Shirt Guy?
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
mellaka

Post by mellaka »

Yeah, that's the same Ollie from Neo, though his shirt is olive now. He does occasionally post on the discussion boards and also can visit your island, I've heard.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

So he's the Phantom Olive Shirt Guy, now? Doesn't have the same ring to it. :P

{eta}

I just joined facebook, so I thought I'd give this game a try. Hmm. Hopefully it'll get better?
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Okay I'm late to this party, but I'm playing this game now. And apparently I need someone to help me find my lost dog?

My friends and family have been bugging me with their farmville updates for ages so I feel hypocritical now bugging them. Of course I also signed up for farmville, to appease the masses, but this is much prettier and there is fishing.
Last edited by Ailiel on 06 Apr 2016 06:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mellaka

Post by mellaka »

I sent you a request. I should warn you I do play about 4 other games that might wind up spamming your feed if you don't hide them. Sorry.

MG also has a game in alpha now, Little Rock Pool. It's an aquarium game and I really like it for some reason. I've avoided any aquarium games up to this point so have nothing to compare it to, but the fish are cute.

Also, Island Paradise has added cooking to the things you can do on your island.
maplecate

Post by maplecate »

Ahoy!

We have created a group at Facebook to campaign for Meteor Games to set aside time and resources for the re-code and re-release VPN.

With 2 social games and another on the way, Meteor Games can use their popularity on Facebook with Island Paradise to properly market and release VPN.

It's time for Vikings, Pirates and Ninjas to unite.

Please join us and please pass on the following link throughout the gaming community.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=1 ... 7211826812

-Creeping Cat, Ninja.
mastersashivpn@gmail.coma
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Ooh, good luck! I hope it has more success than most Facebook campaigns seem to muster (especially that petrol price one that's been doing the rounds in one form or another since 2001, yet everyone I know continually passes it round) - personally I'd prefer to see effort expended on Twin Skies which seemed to be a more original idea at the time. If VPN ever becomes live again I might check it out.