Free Realms

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Re: Free Realms

Post by mellaka »

It looks interesting but gah I'm addicted to so many games already. I'll have to remember to check it out when I'm home later.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I just met up with Ty ingame and omg the pets are so freaking adorable interacting! Chasing each other and everything. Pets are really really well done in this game, so much detail was paid to how they react and such.

Chatting however sucks at the moment and I really hope it gets tweaked soon. At least I don't have any reason to talk to anyone other then Ty.
Last edited by Seerow on 19 May 2009 05:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Yeah, if the chat window would stop putting the focus back in the main window, it wouldn't be so bad. Makes whispering hard. I wonder if any of the slash commands work for whispering? Seerow, I'm gonna try to /w and /whisper at you next time. Har.

I completed a fossil collection today. *preens*
Image Image
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I don't know if you have to have already been signed up, but if anyone else is--log in, click the SC button, click Claim. It may only be a prize for the first million members, but you get a shirt with the FR logo, and even better, 200 station cash. There's a lot that costs <200 in the cash shop. =D

Also, you can get a bunch of stuff if you enter in the codes from here, which is also just a pretty solid wiki for the game.
Image Image
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

Hmm I can't seem to get the free stuff... or I'm just looking in the wrong place. I logged into the site, didn't see anything, then went into the SC market and hit the claim button there but nothing either. Hope I didn't miss out, as I was signed in before the big 1mill news post was made and such!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Oh, I forgot, they do have a million users to sort through, so they said it "could take up to two weeks" to run their script. It's like Neo fixing their gear images. Hehe. (Well... hopefully a little faster!)
Image Image
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

Ohh okay, that makes sense. Hopefully I do indeed get my sometime soon though!

The pets are possibly the most amazing pets in any game ever. They hunt for treasure! They run around and play with the npc animals. And so so much more. Best $3 I've ever spent on a game, and they don't even expire :D
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I found a cow to tip! Finally! Not that I've been looking this whole time, of course. But there's a (rather pink-ish) cow south of Snowhill. Woot.
Image Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Hooray! I'm going to try to check it out again tomorrow night. Hooray again for not working.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I tried to create a character the other day and the game locked up while I was naming her. :/ I think it was because I was using FireFox, even though I enabled JavaScript and turned off my precious, precious AdBlock plugin.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

It can also freak out if you take "too long" to make a character (you get logged out and it has to rethink how to get you to make a character). But I don't know about Firefox and FR; it works fine with Chrome and IE8, and that's all I know.

edit: I figured out that you can make your portrait gallery public, hee. You can look at some of the outfits I've saved if you click that "Portraits" button.
Image Image
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

There's a 2 million member prize now! They said again that it'll take up to two weeks to roll out to everyone. I don't have mine available yet (same method as before--cash shop, click the claim button), but I hope it's good.
Image Image
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

I got to level 20 in the card game job last night! Took /forever/ as about two of the people near the end I swear cheat and it took me ages to win. Almost level 20 on chief too, yay.

Haha, I just got my prize a few days ago for the 1mill, and now they are already on the two. Crazy! Too bad there isn't more free credits though :P
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I got my 2 million user prize; it seems to be 6 usable items (2 with duplicates, so 8 items total). One of them turns you into a "shaved ewe" for thirty minutes (all items should have a 30 minute timer), which is hilarious because I watched this (NSFW!) last weekend and now I'm snickering at naked skin sheep.

Oh, also--I have an extra tan/brown Striped Tank Top. If anyone wants it, let me know. Though I think you have to be female. ;D

And while I'm talking about trading... I need help with some of my collections. I need a lot of keys (the key collections let you open those locked treasure boxes out there), but especially the saint's key. (Got it! I still need other collections, hee. I can make a list?) To trade, I have: car key, fancy key, king's key, locker key, mayor's key, queen's key, safe key, heartstone key, robgoblin key.

I also have a billion extra fossils and shells and water samples, so if you're missing one from a set, I might have it. To complete my fossils, I need: worshiped ancient statue, fragile ancient chalice, treasured ancient chalice, well made ancient chalice, pint-sized fossil, great white sharki teeth (there's a bunch of differently-spelled "sharkies" in this set), tricera-topsy skull, seismo-trucka-saurus spine, petri-dactyl spine. That sounds like a lot, maybe, but considering how much I've already collected, it's not! And it's why I have so many fossil doubles. ;P

I also need the sword essence of fire (a rare ninja collection; I think it gives you a diamond shard on completion). And refined metal, another ninja collection.
Image Image
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Alright, so I just signed up because I want in on the action. XD Honestly, it seems a lot like Fusion Fall, only with less characters from cartoons. Which is fine with me because I liked FF. Didn't get too much of a chance to play it, though, as I still have homework that needs to get done for tomorrow. I'll be able to form a right and proper opinion of it later on, on my next play.

One question, though. Is it possible to hide the "All" box that tells you everything you've done since you started playing? It's in my way, and it's really annoying me.