MapleStory

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
PennyLane

Re: MapleStory

Post by PennyLane »

Jesters is always so full everyone just shares maps =) You can cc around in there till you find a nice party to join.

*edit*

Demon slayers are sooo much fun! Ty since you like playing a warrior so much you should definitely try it out. They can fly! Well, glide. But still it is so much fun. Also they use pretty much 0 pots. They use a "demon force" bar instead of mp. Which recharges when you use regular attack. I didn't use many hp pots on mine either. I got to 88 on mine last night, and at 3rd job you get a skill that unleashes a "very angry flock of birds" on monsters that steals some of their hp and gives it to you. =D

Don't miss the hot time on Saturday at 2:30 pm EST because we're getting one of those level up potions again!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I made a demon hunter just to go through the prologue with it and see its plot. Not bad, I might actually keep it! But I'm still working hard on my mercedes, who is level 101 now. (Named Fayilen.)

I was looking at videos of lionheart castle and that place seems daunting. Lots of hp! I'm easily breakable! (Well, kinda breakable. Knock on wood.)
Image Image
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Yeah, the monsters at lion heart castle have lots of hp, but they also give lots of exp. Also, for each person you party with you get 50% more exp. Most of the time we have a few afk people hanging on a rope on the map leeching just because it means more party bonus exp =) At level 110 you can't really do much there but you'll leech exp FAST.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Bother, did I just decline a friend request from you? I was hitting esc a lot!

Also, a question--when I see people come in one exit, flick across the screen and go out the other exit, is that... a thing? An honest thing people can do honestly? Or is that something hackers do. I swear the event miniboss tiger keeps getting "stolen" from me and it seems to coincide with that action.
Image Image
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Hahaha, what?! I got the VIP Teleport Rock from collecting 7 trophies and I was like, awesome, I wanted to know how these worked so if I ever wanted to buy one... It said it was going to last a month instead of the 90 days of the cash shop one, so maybe the cash shop one is still different. But it was one use! One use?! So what the hell do I replace my legends space rock with in a few days when it expires? Cause I've gotten used to that! One use. ONE USE? It'd be nice if things would tell you when they're ONE USE!! I can't imagine spending nx on that and finding out it was one use. Good lord.

(also, at this point I still don't really get why the cash shop sells a 2900 nx "hyper teleport rock" that lasts for one day. But at least that one indicates how limited it is because it only works for a day!)
Image Image
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

When you click to buy a hyper rock there are 3 options for it. One day, 7 days (I think), and 30 days. The 30 day one is 10k nx and I haven't played without one since they came out. It is so much better than the space rock because you can use it over and over whenever you want, with no cooldown. It is the best thing in that cash shop and to me it's worth the price =D
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I still don't get the vip teleport rock. Why can you even register 10 maps if the first map you go to uses up the rock? What the hell kind of design is this. Sheesh.

My mercedes is 109 and a half but man, do I need a break from playing this game right now. Overload!
Image Image
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Oh because you register maps then next time you buy a VIP rock you get your list of maps back. I never really understood that until I saw that when my hyper rock expires and I buy a new one I still have my saved map list.

Ohh your mercedes is close to lion heart castle leech level =D At 110 you can leech at crockies. You could even go before that it just means moving around the map hitting everything once so you get exp from it.

*edit*

Congrats to Ty on her first 4th job character =D
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

In case anyone wants to log on to see, I'll be leveling up to 200 on Pennyiane tonight at 9:45 est =D
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

That's PM, right? I'll try to be there. Depends on work-related things (not even my work-related things, heh).

Not that I'm important. 200!! You're awesome!
Image Image
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Yep, pm! Thanks =D The last 7 or so levels have been a lot easier than usual thanks to the 3x exp event! Although I lost 27% at level 199, so that was not fun. I went on a boss run with my alliance to fight that new snake boss guy and I died 24 times (I had 4 safety charms). Then yesterday I died while training which is something that does NOT happen to me on that char because of my high hp. I hadn't died outside a boss run on that char in years so kind of funny it happened at level 199 =P
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I was following the new Silent Crusade quests, not bad, not bad; I liked the time-travel-Leafre bit a lot. I beat the translucent Arkarium, and the goddess of time said to go through the crack again, okay, sure, let's do that--instant gravestone! I heard the death noise while the screen was still fading in. Hahaha. Uh. Guess I'll... put that on hold....

I did get a level and a half and a new medal from that so far, though. Woo.
Image Image
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Yes Arkarium is evil =D Here is a video of 8 of us from my Alliance beating it the night I lost 20%! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPnyDscD ... ature=plcp
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I ended up stuck at a dealership for hours (but we worked out a lease, so that's a plus) and now I'm sick. I blame cars.

Did it go well? I hope it was fun!
Image Image
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Oooh glad that worked out, get a nice one? =) My level up party was fun! A good friend (my maple wifey) and I leveled up together.

Here is the insane amount of exp I had to get for level 199:
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d95/L ... uchexp.jpg

The orange mushroom mount is one of my favorite things on maple =)
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d95/L ... mmount.jpg

Giant potions look sooooo much fun:
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d95/L ... giants.jpg

Level 200!
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d95/L ... vel200.jpg

Followed by a death =D
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d95/L ... addead.jpg

My red Draco mount =D
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d95/L ... /Draco.jpg

Celebrating by killing Arkarium again =)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDp-7wZ- ... ature=plcp