MapleStory

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Kari

Re: MapleStory

Post by Kari »

I ended up getting sucked back in after Big Bang, though I'm playing on the El Nido server now (still a Spearman though). The reduced exp really shows, considering my last Spearman got to 42 after months of playing and grinding, and this new one I have got to 50 in about two weeks.
derp
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I'm downloading it again, maybe I can get back into it. Which server do I pick? (Kari's on El Nido... is Broa still the other option most of NC uses?)
Image Image
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Yes, most of us were playing on Broa. Joey's main character is on Bera but we always managed to drag her over to Broa to play with us heh
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

As much fun as all the improvements sound, I don't think I can get back into MS. I've been too busy with college and college shenanigans.
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Aww ok Joey. I've missed you!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I made a bunch of characters to test out new things; I made one as kind of a throwaway because I was sure I wouldn't like the class, just wanted to try it. But it is my favorite Maplething ever. Oh man. So my main character is a dorky orange-haired Aran named Knitterbone. Of course, I'm only level 31; maybe it gets worse later, heh.

I also really like the Night Walker, but one of the early Cygnus quests forced me to get the throwing snail shell skill...? I don't want it!

Also. I forgot how much I want to destroy the person who came up with jumping quests. God. I do not need pink flowers that badly and yes I know there are other ones later that are even worse. I always made my husband do them. They're not good for my blood pressure. =(
Image Image
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Any characters on Broa? =) If so maybe we can PQ sometime!

I love jump quests so much.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Yep, Knitterbone is on Broa. I also made a dual blade character (because dual wielding is always my favorite part of a game ever) and once I actually got to level 20 it was awesome. So I'll play Kaindell on Broa too. Dunno what to make my third character.

If only I could pay you to do my jump quests. ;)

I'm going to be spending some time in Kentucky on a kind of crappy laptop; hopefully it runs MapleStory, because now I actually want to play, heh.
Image Image
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Great, I added Knitterbone on my wild hunter IPenny9 =) I'm pretty sure I have an old maple karstan on my dark knight you can have for when you get to level 64. If you ever want company while doing a jq I'll go along with you heh

If you still haven't decided on a third character, wild hunters are SO FUN. You get to ride around on a jaguar that has flash jump! We actually have more than 3 character slots now that they added so many new classes. I have 5 characters on my main account.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Do you have to buy more character slots? I only have three available. Maybe I'm doin' something wrong. ;)

I'll hopefully get to play some over the next couple days. I have to spend a lot of time packing, too!
Image Image
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

I know you can buy extra slots in the cash shop, but I never have. I already had 3 characters before they added the new classes, so maybe that's why I have extra. I had my bishop, archer, and dark knight, and then added a night walker and now my wild hunter.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I recently started up again too, though I had no idea the Big Bang had just happened and was very confused when I first loaded the game XD

I sadly no longer have access to any of my old characters :( The email address that the account was under no longer exists as the provider is no longer around but Nexon will not set up a new email/pw/pin or anything for me. I miss Jeysca!

But I now have a wild hunter named Kalja who is a TON of fun to play, and a new ice/light mage Lndrys. Both on Broa of course.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

You need to get to 80! Then you can do the Shammos pq with me, Cullen, and David =D You have to follow around that creepy green guy from the job instructor house in nath, keeping him from dying. And then at the end he summons a boss on you!
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Oh gosh, I played on a 'low-rate' private server over the Summer (16x exp) with a few friends and I really enjoyed it - though it made me remember just how addictive the game is (addictive games are the bane of my existence - I was the first sniper on the server to reach 200 by about 30 levels, erm...). It was rather fun and am pretty happy to have finally reached level 200, doing things like beating Horntail and Zakum, which I'd never thought I'd do, but... at least, for now, I think the chapter is best left closed. I don't think I could handle the Global environment all over again - paying for NX, the community (occasionally my interest is peaked and I'd go and read Basilmarket for updates, leading me to laugh at people's stupidity) and the hacking.

Heh, I feel so wall-of-texty but the game always makes me feel so nostalgic, especially considering how early on I started. I'm happy that Nexon are finally doing something about the huge imbalances within the game - an overhaul is definitely what was needed and it seems very promising. I'm sure, one day, I'll be drawn back in.
Subeta: Thomas
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I think some things may be a bit too easy now actually, especially with some of the drops. I remember when me and Pennylane would do the 999 curse eyes quests over and over again trying to get a Deed to the Land. It took me months of attempting until I finally found one. I have 15 of the things now that I won't toss out just because of how hard I worked for it last time. Same with the Nep Honey and Ancient Tree Saps. And potion drop is insane now! When I would train at the CDs in Kerning Mall I'd go up with 25 white potions and when I was done training, I'd sell off over 900 of the things. Still getting used to all the new levels on the baddies. The fish in Aqua Road were always so simple but when I went down there again they almost killed me!

Its actually fun grinding now though since you feel like you are actually accomplishing something rather then just grinding away for 10% or less an hour. I've reached level 81 now and I haven't even really been trying yet. Still I'm glad Nexon did such a massive overhaul of the game, it was most definitely needed.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.