MapleStory

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
PennyLane

Re: MapleStory

Post by PennyLane »

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/8994/maple0003v.jpg

Heto and I doing what we do best =)
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I really shouldn't start playing Maple again (I doubt my old account is still there..) but I just wanted to say (belated) that I rather like seeing all the screenshots again, Penny. It feels very Neocolours, for some reason :)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I agree, even though I'm a bit player, I have always loved looking at the screenshots. Also, Marah--my account was still there and it's been forever since I played it. Not that I had characters on an NC-appropriate server anyway. ;)
Image Image
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Well, I have a Very Important Question, so I'm giving myself permission to post. How important is it to do all the quests you can? I haven't done all the 10-20 quests, but I'm not too worried about that. But I am wondering what happens if I outlevel the Mushroom Kingdom area before I manage to get myself a group to go in with. How terrible is that?

(Obviously I haven't had much time to play if I'm still less than level 40, heh.)
Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I hit lvl 70 today on my replacement Ice/light mage. So I have a 102 Wild Hunter and a 70 Ice Mage, whoot!

Ty, doing the quests aren't really that important, especially the early ones. I like doing quests as they are decent ways to train, but I know people who never do any. As for Mushroom Kingdom, I'm not sure if we are able to get back and do the party-quest type thing at the end or not. I didn't do it on any of my characters and haven't gone back to check if I could or not.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I wonder if there's a wiki that lists quest rewards or something. I'll look at the maplewiki later. Some of the quests are a lot more worthwhile than others. I liked the one early on that gave me a cape. Yay capes! Especially yay for awesome tattered adorable capes.
Image Image
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

So do they still have the centaur outfit in the cash shop? I remembered that I made a centaur archer back in the day...
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Is there a way to turn off your character's helmet showing? I like the stats on these demon-head-hats, but oh man, I am so tired of looking like a donkey or an owl or a... I don't even know what that one is...
Image Image
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

AngharadTy wrote:Is there a way to turn off your character's helmet showing? I like the stats on these demon-head-hats, but oh man, I am so tired of looking like a donkey or an owl or a... I don't even know what that one is...
You can buy a transparent hat in the cash shop for something like 1800 NX.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Dammit. I figured that if there was an answer, it involved NX. Does it at least not expire? I haven't really looked into the cash shop, but I know a lot of things expire. Then again, I dunno if I want to spend money to fix something that shouldn't even be a problem. Hmph.
Image Image
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Yeah, they expire in 3 months =( But if you buy a newly released hat, it will be permanent. You'll find those in the "new" section of the cash shop and it won't say "expires in 90 days" when you hover over it. They're more expensive but if it's something you really like and would wear for a long time it might be worth it to pay more.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I gotta start playing Maple again. But with Pokemon white, Dragon Age II, and a few PS3 games, not to mention working full time, I just don't have the time to play right now :(
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

The expiration thing really keeps me from wanting to use the cash shop. Permanent items might be worth it... We'll see. I'm really enjoying Maple this time around, but like Seerow, I have so many other distractions, I haven't played in a while. I completely forgot to level up my ring for that event, damn.
Image Image
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

What character are you playing on now? I took a month long break and now I'm playing on my dk Pennyiane again. Lion heart castle is a really great place to train so I'm back to her.

And yes Heto, come back to maple =)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I have ADD of the character, so I've been playing my nightstalker Lurancy and my aran Knitterbone interchangeably (at least until the past couple weeks, which is probably Pokemon's fault).
Image Image