Pokemon HG/SS

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Amotten

Re: Pokemon HG/SS

Post by Amotten »

SS was delivered yesterday, unfortunately SMT: Strange Journey got delivered at the same time, so I’ve mainly been obsessing over that. Hee.
Anyway, I really love the new features, interacting with your Pokémon is surprisingly more fun than I thought it would be, but it’s genuinely made me smile a lot. Also the PokeWalker is just the best thing ever. I go jogging every day, so I’ve collected a ton of watts, which is nifty.
And I’ve become addicted with the Pokeathlon. Too fun!
(I named my rival Anthony, after my former co-worker/most annoying person on Earth).
Main account: Amotten
Fury

Post by Fury »

I must say having the sprites wonder behind you is a really cute little feature. I wasn't overly excited about it when it was announced but I love the little animations and expressions each Pokemon have. The Pidgey sprite is absolutely adorable but mine has just evolved into Pidgeotto which... isn't so adorable. D: Flaafy is very sweet though.

I'm really enjoying the game so far. I've just swept through the Slowpoke Well (love the animation as you go down into the well!) and defeated Bugsy. The gym puzzles are pretty cool.
11th

Post by 11th »

I beat Clair last night, and just now caught Lugia, twenty ultra balls later. Onto the pokemon league!

My team: Feraligatr, Crobat, Ampharos, Espeon, Lapras, and Pupitar. I bred and hatched the last three before taking on Clair, since I was only using my first three for the previous 7 gyms, haha. :D;;

I really do love this remake. It seems more... complete than FireRed and LeafGreen, probably thanks to the Crystal features they added in, like the Suicune + Unown subplot. I may have to buy HeartGold, too, just to play through again.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

I just beat the elite four with: Ho-oh (it was already trained for me, ok), Kingdra, Steelix, Gengar, and baby Dratini just chillin'. I know my team is pretty unbalanced, heh.

That qt dratini you get with Extremespeed from the Dragon Den has evolved into Dragonair. I want it to stay as a Dragonair now. ;__; Not a tub Dragonite. Is it really a big deal in-game to not evolve it? I mean will it be seriously handicapped come lvl 70 by still being a Dragonair?

Dragonair is pure elegance.

ETA: Nvm, I did some research and found my answer. I don't like the answer. :L Ok so I'm going to like catch myself another Dragonair just to walk around with, and evolve this one into Dragonite the chub.

Here's the info for fellow pokenoobs:
Spoiler: open/close
Status Increase
When a Pokémon evolves, its stats rise. Simple as that. The Base Stat values increase, and the stats enjoy a sizeable boost. See what happens when Dragonair evolves into Dragonite:
Lv. 55 Dragonair Dragonite
Health 183 216
Attack 148 203
Defence 128 161
Speed 133 144
S. Attack 133 166
S. Defence 133 166
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

You can stop it evolving by hitting B during the evolution. And it'll try to evolve all the way up to level 100. I like Dragonair more too. You can keep it as such until you actually feel dissatisfied with the stats it has, and then you can finally let it evolve. But if it's pulling its own weight on your team, and you're not concerned, then go ahead and delay evolution. Its stats will catch up! I have a level 70 dragonair... um... somewhere... LG, maybe. It doesn't have the best stats, but it's so cute.
Image Image
Red Mask Corgi

Post by Red Mask Corgi »

You could also have it hold an Everstone :3 Then it won't even try to evolve. I believe Elm gives it to you when you show him Togepi.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Oh, yes. I just forgot to mention that because I like my pokemon to hold things that help in battle. Or the amulet coin! Always with the amulet coin. Mmmmm.
Image Image
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

You can also get everstone by getting second place in the bug contest. I got one on Thursday (then I got first place Saturday, yay!). I'm also another one that likes Dragonair more then Dragonite. I mean really, it goes from beautiful to just plain silly looking, the hell!

Anywho, I just beat Pryce and I'm heading to take care of Team Rocket.
Spoiler: open/close
Heh, I love running around in the Team Rocket suit and talking to people. Some of the things they say just make me giggle.
I'm a bit slow because I keep getting destracted by other things. ^-^; My wife is already working on going after Red.
My team is: Bayleaf (soon to be Meganium), Ampharos, Red Gyarados, Noctowl, Nidoqueen and Growlithe (soon to be Arcanine)
I remember when I first played Ruby and how unbalanced my team was. It was just sad. I was surprised I even beat it. It was pure luck I tell you.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Thanks for the feedback! I have an everstone lying around somewhere... I want to draw a dragonair zomg <3

Oh. Another question. Just had a lil battle with my sis and at the end we had the option of saving a "battle video" -- we did. What is this and how do I watch it? Googling the term doesn't help much 'cuz it just links to like youtube vids of people fighting lugia or something.
Last edited by Larkspurlane on 29 Mar 2010 05:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Larkspurlane @ neo
Red Mask Corgi

Post by Red Mask Corgi »

You can watch it by going to your Key Items and picking the Vs. Recorder :3

Haha I should probably mention how I'm doing so far. I've beaten the Elite Four but only about..two gyms in Kanto. My team is Typhlosion, Raichu, Farfetch'd, Arcanine, Ninetales and Houndoom :> It's not a /uberly/ well rounded team, but really the only thing I'm missing is Water but I love them so much <33 About a year and a half in the making x3

It'll probably be a while before I restart this game, but I have my team planned out for that one as well :>
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Cool! Thanks RMC!!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Red Mask Corgi

Post by Red Mask Corgi »

You're very welcome c:!
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I feel alone, I love Dragonite. It's a big squishy orange marshmellow!

On the other hand, I'm always a fan of not evolving if you don't want to, and I can assure you that you can go through the game with just about any pokemon you want without running into problems.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I like dragonite, but I love dratini and dragonair. Hehe.

I just caught myself an adamant Ho-oh! Damn but that took a long time. And a lot of failed attempts. And ONE DUSK BALL on my final attempt. *hearts*
Image Image
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

So, stopped being lazy and caught all of the running pests with no trouble at all. (I love Wobbuffets)

I also have to get the Arceus event on my SoulSilver. I'm bending more for Dialga, as I chose Giratina on HeartGold...hmmm...decisions.